Warren comes under attack on healthcare, taxes at U.S. Democratic presidential debate

snoop1130

First increase the number of Doctors. The AMA is the strongest union in the country when it comes to keeping the number of workers to a minimum. Plenty of people with the brains to be doctors but don't get the chancej.
Great idea. Pay for their medical school as well in exchange for service in undeserved regions too.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

On 10/17/2019 at 12:37 PM, quandow said:

It works better around the world in every other civilized, advanced country. What the US currently has is killing its citizens, so this is worth a try.

It doesn't "work" around the world.

The NHS is broke because like all bureaucrats they waste the  money on buildings and managers. It's going to fail if they don't do something exceptional to reform the administration of it.

I had major surgery in it 13 years ago and the hospital was a disgrace, the staff incompetent and an hugely dissatisfying experience all round.

In NZ, we have to pay GPs far too much just to access health care. Free health care- what a joke. Far as I know, have to wait a long time for routine surgery.

I can't speak for other countries, but when I was working in Saudi, loads of Canadian nurses arrived because the Canadian health service sacked many of them to cut costs.

1 hour ago, earlinclaifornia said:

I believe this is normal for the attacking of the front runner.  Warren - Biden  2020

The chances of Biden being on any ticket again as VICE president -- 

Negative a billion percent.

Why would you even post such an absurdity?

8 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Old Joe would be 78 years old at swearing in. That fact didn't stop a friend from betting me a Landmark Hotel steak that he would be the nominee. I have another bet, with a relative, for a Landmark Hotel steak that Trump won't get another term. I like my chances in both.

On 10/16/2019 at 6:45 AM, Skallywag said:

As Tulsi Gabbard said last week when she almost dropped out of the debate,  "These debates are not debates at all, they are commercialized reality television events.

The DNC will make sure only their preferred candidate will be running in 2020 anyway.

Many topics, questions were not about real issues that Congress and our next President will need to address.

Impeachment, not a topic for a debate,  All Dems want it. A complete waste of time.

Women's reproductive rights, ever since 1973 it has been a topic, Supreme court responsibility - move on

The idiotic final question, referring to Ellen Degeneres and George Bush being friends  la-di-da

I have liked Mayor Pete and Tulsi for many months now as they are the only 2 I see that are progressive, intelligent, and have a military background.  Could actually change things for the better in Washington D.C. and the country. 

Unfortunately Warren, Sanders, Biden will all be stifled by Congress if elected as they have no new "game" to enable the changes they propose with Congress.  We need a change from the old, white, angry politicians 55

I'm a Trump supporter who likes Tulsi and have donated to her campaign twice. I disagree with her on a lot of issues. But I believe she is sincere in her stance about keeping us out of endless and needless wars. The United States of America has done enough. Time for other countries to step up and do their fair share.

5 hours ago, pegman said:

Old Joe would be 78 years old at swearing in. That fact didn't stop a friend from betting me a Landmark Hotel steak that he would be the nominee. I have another bet, with a relative, for a Landmark Hotel steak that Trump won't get another term. I like my chances in both.

I know you'll enjoy those steaks.  ????

11 minutes ago, Crazy Alex said:

I'm a Trump supporter who likes Tulsi and have donated to her campaign twice. I disagree with her on a lot of issues. But I believe she is sincere in her stance about keeping us out of endless and needless wars. The United States of America has done enough. Time for other countries to step up and do their fair share.

Seems Tulsi is a Russian agent. Hillary is losing her mind, I hope she gets into the race.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2019/10/18/hillary-clinton-tulsi-gabbard-russia-sot-vpx-crn.cnn/video/playlists/this-week-in-politics/

Tulsi's reply is great...

"Great! Thank you @HillaryClinton. You, the queen of warmongers, embodiment of corruption, and personification of the rot that has sickened the Democratic Party for so long, have finally come out from behind the curtain. From the day I announced my candidacy, there has been a ...

.. concerted campaign to destroy my reputation. We wondered who was behind it and why. Now we know — it was always you, through your proxies and ...

... powerful allies in the corporate media and war machine, afraid of the threat I pose.

It’s now clear that this primary is between you and me. Don’t cowardly hide behind your proxies. Join the race directly.

Thread sits dead after only three pages. I am waiting to see them go to Pennsylvania and explain they are going to ban fracking. They have only discussed a few things that have been cherry picked so far. 

It's a good thing nobody is naming any names. lol Truly bizarre. The circular firing squad is alive and well.

Soooooo.... "Medicare-for-all". I'd love to see how it's going to work. As it stands now, Americans pay 2.9% of their income into Medicare their entire working life until age 65.

So let's do some basic math, shall we? Let's suppose an American works from age 20- to 65 and makes $40,000 per year their entire career. At age 65, they hav $52,200 vested in Medicare and still have to pay Part B and D premiums on top of additional coverage (because Medicare coverage sucks).

According to Warren's scam plan, we'll suddenly have tens of millions of people dumped into Medicare who have little to nothing vested in Medicare. The numbers don't make sense. Can anyone makes sense of this Medicare-for-all scam, as in how does the math work out????

And if you think her wealth tax is going to cut it... you're just plain wrong. Speaking of wealth taxes, France's wealth tax drives over 10,000 millionaires out of the country each year:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4932482/Wealth-tax-forces-12-000-millionaires-YEAR-France.html

And we have even gotten into the Democrat candidate's varying levels of support for the Green New Deal scam, which would finish off America and a lot of the civilized world for good.

16 hours ago, earlinclaifornia said:

I believe this is normal for the attacking of the front runner.  Warren - Biden  2020

Kinda hard to say who's the front runner at this point. Biden still enjoys a decent lead nationally and in many individual states. Warren has momentum.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2020/president/us/2020_democratic_presidential_nomination-6730.html

2 minutes ago, Crazy Alex said:

Soooooo.... "Medicare-for-all". I'd love to see how it's going to work. As it stands now, Americans pay 2.9% of their income into Medicare their entire working life until age 65.

So let's do some basic math, shall we? Let's suppose an American works from age 20- to 65 and makes $40,000 per year their entire career. At age 65, they hav $52,200 vested in Medicare and still have to pay Part B and D premiums on top of additional coverage (because Medicare coverage sucks).

According to Warren's scam plan, we'll suddenly have tens of millions of people dumped into Medicare who have little to nothing vested in Medicare. The numbers don't make sense. Can anyone makes sense of this Medicare-for-all scam, as in how does the math work out????

And if you think her wealth tax is going to cut it... you're just plain wrong. Speaking of wealth taxes, France's wealth tax drives over 10,000 millionaires out of the country each year:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4932482/Wealth-tax-forces-12-000-millionaires-YEAR-France.html

And we have even gotten into the Democrat candidate's varying levels of support for the Green New Deal scam, which would finish off America and a lot of the civilized world for good.

I don't see how this happens after they ban fracking and all American industry and the evil corporate profits that come from that come to a halt.

On 10/19/2019 at 12:26 AM, Crazy Alex said:

It astonishes me that people keep forgetting that almost all other advanced countries in the world have a NHS, or similar non profit based healthcare system, which works well at HALF THE PRICE of the US system that deserts the poor in need. No need for your "basic math" just simply address the basic issue - Why have the US failed so utterly where other countries have succeeded. Couldn't possibly have anything to do with with the philosophy that there is nothing in the world that wouldn't be improved if the rich could make a profit out of it, by any chance?

Even Wikipedia refuse to quote the Daily Seig Heil now. Their reputation for serial lying and distortion even challenges Donald Trump's. Abandon hope of engaging with reality all those who read it. 

On 10/16/2019 at 7:44 PM, Credo said:

I am not a strong supporter of Medicare for All, but if that's the direction it goes, it will get my support.   I much prefer the idea of people having a choice.   

As far as cost goes, it makes little difference whether we are paying to a gov't funded medical program or private insurance.   Currently, we are spending around a trillion $ when you figure in all the costs.   

Here's a little more about what it costs us now:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2019/10/16/americans-already-pay-gigantic-hidden-health-care-tax-economists-say/

Who does not like choice?

But in this instance , IMO, Medicare for all is the only viable choice. Personally I don't care, I have the cadillac of health insurance (Blue Cross Blue Shield)through trade Union and when I turn 65 I will go on Medicare with some sort of supplemental insurance, but the current system is unsustainable. 

The "choice" debate concerning Medicare is a Red Herring argument, no one will stop those on medicare from purchasing supplemental insurance. I know that in the UK everyone is covered under NHS but people can purchase private supplemental insurance,  and many employers offer it as a perk. 

When Warren was asked if she will raise taxes she was smart not to take the bait and give the Republicans their sound bite to use in the general election, She said she " will raise taxes on corporations and the rich, and for the middle class and poor costs will decrease." 

If you are a middle class family  and now is paying , let's say $10,000 a year for medical insurance with no warranty that you will not be dropped after you got sick and stopped working , What difference does it make if your taxes are raised by lets say $6000 a year ? You are still ahead of the game by $4000 and your coverage i guaranteed. 

As Warren said, "for Middle income families costs will decrease"  even if taxes go up. But she cant say it as I am saying it because the "tax will go up" will be taken out of context and used against her.

On 10/18/2019 at 7:26 PM, Crazy Alex said:

It will work the same way it did ,and it does, for every other industrialised country in the world.  

I think he meant Hunter. Warren’s domestic experience combined with Hunter’s international negotiating skills would be a strong ticket.

Archived