BANGKOK
snoop1130

Blood on his hands: 2020 Democrats slam Trump over Syria

At least it's not American blood where America has no vital interest. Good move Donald.

• Sad 1

Turkey has been an ally of the USA for a very long time. I remember US missiles in Turkey being part of the Negotiations between Kennedy and Khrushchev.  I wouldn't want to be one of the more than 50 service personnel serving at Incirlik Air Base.

• Confused 1

20 hours ago, Sujo said:

Yeah, coz isis are no threat to US at all.

Half true. ISIS were not a threat until a certain somebody funded and armed them hoping they would take out Assad. Thanks to his actions it is estimated up to 500,000 people died, Europe was over-run, Britain panicked and voted for Brexit, North Europe is in dire straits, but he got some impressive awards for his dastardly deeds. 

Trump had the right idea about Isis/Syria/islamic terrorists. Just leave them where they are, in their home countries in the ME. And do not let them into the US. Achieved by whacking up a great southern wall and giving no visas to these "unpleasant" countries. Job done! Sadly this didn't suit the democrats who seemingly wanted more overseas military invasions. 

But I don't believe this is the point you were trying to make?

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Romney is suggesting that Erdogan may have told 45 that he would invade whether the US pulled the American troops or not. This needs to be investigated. Did a weak paper tiger American president cave to threats from a much smaller power? It's a fair and important question and it's coming from a fellow republican!

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Romney is suggesting that Erdogan may have told 45 that he would invade whether the US pulled the American troops or not. This needs to be investigated. Did a weak paper tiger American president cave to threats from a much smaller power? It's a fair and important question and it's coming from a fellow republican!

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

That has been my contention already for quite a few days now, glad to hear Romney is listening to me 🙂

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, rhyddid said:

US initially created all the mess in middle east, now they say its not their war.  Who can still trust US ?

British and French representatives, Sir Mark Sykes and Francois Georges Picot, believed that the Arab people were better off under European empires and divided up the region with a ruler, and without Arab knowledge.

The two men created uncomplicated, immaculate straight-line borders that would cater to the needs of Britain and France. However, these borders "did not correspond to sectarian, tribal or ethnic distinctions on the ground," and failed to allow for future growth of Arab nationalism and secularism. 

"Even by the standards of the time, it was a shamelessly self-interested pact,"

https://www.mic.com/articles/91071/how-the-british-screwed-up-the-middle-east-in-10-classic-cartoons

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, 55Jay said:

"The Kurds were the big losers of the Sykes-Picot Agreement. Their historic homeland was divided up between Iran, Syria, Turkey and Iraq, and it remains a source of enduring bitterness. "

Syria and the new lines in the sand  BBC Interview

• Thanks 2