TM30 for short stays away from home

I have been asked by a friend to inquire about what he needs to do if he leaves his home in Nakhon Sawan province and goes to Hua Hin and stays at a guest house for around a month. The guest house usually informs Hua Hin Immigration of his presence? Upon his return to his home province, (NS) he must file a TM28 at NS Immigration Office?

If this is correct please comment. Any advice or help appreciated. rc

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

OP, tell your friend to ask guesthouse if they 100% are going to file tm30. If they are not then do nothing. If they are, ask them do nothing and slap months rent on table. Also it depends which imm office he attends. I fly in out bkk every 2 weeks and did my extension week ago (hence need to go to CW). I asked my condo first time in 7 years to do a tm30, in order to match my tm6 arrival card. She, the io didn't look at my tm30. 

Today I flew back from week in Petchabun. 4 locations that I stayed did not ask for any pp etc. In the main pretty flash joints. Not hard to get around tm30. Having said all that I will still do one just prior to my next extension 2020. 

The new guy Big Orr (not sure spelling) gave his big pressor and ramped up the tm30. Maybe soon he can follow Big Joke.

Big Oud, I think they use to spell it. ???? 

Just now, Matzzon said:

Big Oud, I think they use to spell it. ???? 

Mat, did you see his big news release with "crack down on tm30".

Then CW did the flip. I would like to hear from members with recent problems tm30 at CW.

There was a flurry couple of months ago. 

I would be interested in recent reports. 

I went Oct 8 for annual ext retirement. Had my first ever tm30 in tow. Lady io didn't even look at it. 

Mind you I'm (was) bit of a charmer... Mentioned her pink calculator match her cup and she laughed next 10 mins. 

So ....members that attend CW. Are you having tm30 issues. 

8 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Mind you I'm (was) bit of a charmer... Mentioned her pink calculator match her cup and she laughed next 10 mins. 

You naughty boy. ????????

8 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

So ....members that attend CW. Are you having tm30 issues.

Not attending CW, but have a lot of friends that do. The recent reports seem to be that they have been a little bit more easy on it. Still have been fining people but not such a big and aggressive fuss about it.

19 hours ago, Matzzon said:

No, it´s not correct. TM28 will only be needed if he would return to another address or change address.

In this case it´s TM30 he could need to file at return. Some offices say that and some do not need. Last time I talked to my Immigration Office, they told me there had been a recent meeting in Bangkok with government and Immigration police. They told me they have decided that TM30 will only need to be filed again if returning from another country, and not when travelling to other provinces.

However, we all know how hard it is to get that information through to all offices and make them work same.

That is what Pattaya immigration told me - only need tm30 when return from abroad.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Card said:

That is what Pattaya immigration told me - only need tm30 when return from abroad.

A few weeks ago checked into hotel in Pattaya. I gave my Thai drivers licence as always as IDF. Then she asked for passport and, first time ever asked for my gf's ID. I asked her why so much required. She said man from immigration tell me I must do or fine 7000baht

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Dazinoz said:

A few weeks ago checked into hotel in Pattaya. I gave my Thai drivers licence as always as IDF. Then she asked for passport and, first time ever asked for my gf's ID. I asked her why so much required. She said man from immigration tell me I must do or fine 7000baht

sounds more like she wanted to check if your gf was under age.

some receptionists receive a payment for this service.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Card said:

Returned to Thailand yesterday and went down to Jomtien IO this morning (a few minutes walk!) to do my TM30 like the good boy that I am. The female IO told me that, as I am the property owner, I don't have to do another TM30 for a year. I asked 'even if I go abroad in the meantime?' and she replied 'yes'.  

Now I start to wonder if I am being set up for a fine next time I need to go to Immigration. I can't tell the IO that I don't believe them but it's a sorry state of affairs when one starts to doubt the word of a official due to the complete lack of consistency in how the various rules and regulations are applied!      

• Like 1

Jest returned from abroad to Udon Thani.

he scribbled a new date on my old 90 day that was stapled in my passport.

i asked if he needed a tm30 and he replied “no, you are on a retirement extension so no need”. Also asked about tm30 after domestic travel and same answer “no need”. For the same reason. What about someone visiting me on a non pas or non o? He was less sure. I assume anyone on a short stay at my house will trigger the need for filing one?

thats a question

I was at CW immigration today (17th Oct 2019) to register for TM30 and get my User Name and Password which I applied for on August 17th. They told myself and my wife that, in our case as a home owner, they definitely no longer require a TM30 report every time I travel within Thailand. Even when I stay in a hotel and the hotel reports me on their TM30 report, CW does not need you to report a change of location. They stressed that the only time I have to make the report using the Section 38 App is when exiting Thailand or on return to Thailand. I did not get a fine for being late with the TM30 because I had a photocopy of their online receipt which they had sent to my e-mail address when I applied. They stressed that I must keep a copy of the TM30 report receipt in my passport for my next renewal or inspection. With the app this is saved on  your smart phone but better to print out a hard copy. On another note regarding my Retirement extension, they insisted on a photocopy of all the pages of my fixed deposit account which is usually B800,000+ going back over 12 months to make sure that I had not dipped below the new B400,000 minimum. So expect to provide 12months plus from the last renewal at the time of your next extension application.

Edited by Estrada

1 hour ago, collingwood said:

Living in Ubon they want a TM30 even when staying in a hotel for 1 night in Ubon, then going home the next day still in Ubon….

Actually they are correct since the section 38 of the immigration act (TM30 form) only mentions your stay at a residence has to be reported.  No mention that it has to be in another province. Not that I agree with them even wanting a new one done after staying in a hotel anywhere.

Only section 37 (TM28 form) mentions a stay in another province for more than 24 hours needs to be reported. But it has never been enforced as far as I know.

On 10/17/2019 at 12:52 PM, jobsworth said:

sounds more like she wanted to check if your gf was under age.

some receptionists receive a payment for this service.

Are you speaking from experience or did a friend tell you ????

On 10/17/2019 at 10:59 AM, Jonnapat said:

I live in Nakhon Sawan and have never been asked about a TM 30 form in 17 years living here.

All depends on which province you live in, I guess.

I'll be arriving in Nakhon Sawan early December, on a visa exempt, so I won't be bothering the nice lady at immigration as she has enough to do. None of my friends locally have bothered with TM30 yet.

12 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Actually they are correct since the section 38 of the immigration act (TM30 form) only mentions your stay at a residence has to be reported.  No mention that it has to be in another province. Not that I agree with them even wanting a new one done after staying in a hotel anywhere.

Only section 37 (TM28 form) mentions a stay in another province for more than 24 hours needs to be reported. But it has never been enforced as far as I know.

I'm glad the last sentence was added. Ubon your the man so your advice is the go to. 100%.

Can you explain to all the members that if people travel frequently within and also outside of los....they would only need ONE TM30 just prior to visit to imm for something like extension to annual permission of stay or extension to eg setv.

Not required for 90 day report. 

According to the law (is it 1979) I should have done 50+ tm30 at cw this past year. I did ONE flying in from Saigon Oct 4 and attended cw Oct 8 to apply next annual permission of stay based on retirement.

BTW for members the io did not look at my tm30

Edited by DrJack54