BANGKOK

1 hour ago, Nyezhov said:

Duh. If she told me that Thai folks find the smell of balm offensive, I would adjust quite easily thanks. Are you missing Thailand so bad you are being cranky? I ate a Pla Kapong Nung Manao earlier, it was quite yummy.

Sorry about the crunky part. Indeed I am missing Thailand very much. and sorry to be crunky to you, usually I find your posts to be very reasonable. It just that IMO this one put Ying on the spot, and being the knight in not so shiny armor that I am , I run to the rescue  of the damsel in distress. 

Image result for don quixote's

Edited by sirineou
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, from the home of CC said:

My wife would agree 100% with Yinn. She rides a baht bus to our shop here in Hua Hin and at least twice a week complains of unwashed farang stench. She says it's not so much the smell but it's the burning of the eyes..

I can't imagine why farang would not have the the most basic of personal hygiene. If you re looking for company of the opposite sex, why not splugre 59 Euro on a bottle quality smelly stuff?

4 hours ago, Dumbastheycome said:

I would have to take your word on that. But as ethnic Chinese can you understand that the  many Chinese who  ingest raw  garlic as a "protection" when embarking on public transport present an equivalent  odour problem.

Jump to 2:40 for the part about genes, but watch the whole video to understand the science behind body odour. 

I'm not sure where you get the idea that the Chinese ingest raw garlic as a "protection" but I can assure you that I have never met a single ethnic Chinese in Malaysia that does that, and the practice is alien to me.

4 hours ago, Farangwithaplan said:

I can't imagine why farang would not have the the most basic of personal hygiene. If you re looking for company of the opposite sex, why not splugre 59 Euro on a bottle quality smelly stuff?

59 euros? What's that a drugstore "scent"? A little bottle of Tommy's best juice runs over 200

6 hours ago, Farangwithaplan said:

The women here aren't keen on using overpowering perfume, if any at all......

I'm guessing it turns them off when men are attempting to cover up odors ala: Pepe Le Pew.... 

Hit the bong a few times for a most pleasant stench. The ladies will love it.

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, pgrahmm said:

The women here aren't keen on using overpowering perfume, if any at all......

I'm guessing it turns them off when men are attempting to cover up odors ala: Pepe Le Pew.... 

I love it when the Kasalong girls tell me I smell good 🙂

no problem, everyone likes the smell and its preferable to body odour!

6 hours ago, Farangwithaplan said:

What!! Pay to make yourself smell, when there are fruits and vegetables all around. Just get a lime. Slice it through and rub under the arms, between the legs and any other places that you sweat from.

As for looking for opposite sex company; there is a trick. When the lady speaks look at her mouth and when you speak look into her eyes. Any smells are then rendered irrelevant. 

• Like 1

I dont use any deodorants,  just live with the smell, keeps  people away, works  wonders Ive  found, well that and a lot of deodorants really aint so good for you.

Once a year I have my annual bath.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Chazar said:

Once a year I have my annual bath.

Hot or cold?

12 hours ago, chickenslegs said:

Some foreigners (and Thais) find that most lavatories in malls, supermarkets, bus stations, petrol stations, and so on ... do not have 'bum guns'.

I think we should petition the Prime Minister.

Maybe that would wipe the smile from the orrifice he usually talks through!

• Like 1