Getting Thai Tourist visa in KL

OP, very vague post. The "clean" pp makes no difference. You mention your in UK? Why would you be obtaining setv in KL.

Other questions but that's a start. Might add some consulates don't like issue visa after ed visa. What's your actual history. Don't be shy

4 minutes ago, BritTim said:

I would be very surprised if you have a problem getting the visa. If you fly into Thailand with the tourist visa, and are very unlucky, you might encounter issues at immigration, but I doubt it.

I agree Tim and you know I often tick the like on your posts. Think this op is being bit vague. If currently in UK, why talk about setv from KL. My guess is fly UK to KL obtain setv and fly bkk. That way only sent back to KL if refused. 

Back to the op....if you are flying into KL from UK, I would forget about setv and enter CM visa exempt.

Nowadays it doesn't matter whether you have a blank or new passport because all aliens are fingerprinted and stored in their AI system.

They will be able to know how many times you have been in Thailand. So if you are on too many tourist visas or exempt visas per year, it's not OK.

If you do get rejected, you get kicked back to KL which is a short hop away and not to UK, so that's better.

Edited by EricTh

4 minutes ago, EricTh said:

Nowadays it doesn't matter whether you have a blank or new passport because all aliens are fingerprinted and stored in their AI system.

They will be able to know how many times you have been in Thailand. So if you are on too many tourist visas or exempt visas per year, it's not OK.

If you do get rejected, you get kicked back to KL which is a short hop away and not to UK, so that's better.

Agree except for reference to "fingerprint system". 

Record of entries was already in place. But bottom line...yes new pp not help at airports.

So what people are saying is "Remove your fingerprints" and you will be fine hehehe. In all reality it does not seem to matter how long you have been out of thailand if you spent a lot of time here before then you may be interviewed... No one can really say what will happen these days it seems like the wild west at immigration now and anything goes...You should be fine but one can never say, like others have said fly in from kl and then at least if you get denied head back to kl and enter by land.