apply retirement visa within Thailand

8 hours ago, stuandjulie said:

It was a Non O A, I used it for 15 months then went on extension when I hit 50.

This isn't possible, Non O-A are not issued to those under 50.

15 months is typical of a maxed out Non O that would allow 90 day entries, so you must be remembering it wrong. 

2 hours ago, zaZa9 said:

So what Visa am I currently on ?

Your are not staying on a visa, you are permitted "extension of stay based on retirement".

But your originally entry, before applying for the first extension of stay, was a visa – probably a non-immigrant "O" visa – which has expired, in your case about 12 years ago, as you state that you have had "extensions of stay based on retirement" for the past 12 years.

Your stamp should say:

RETIREMENT

nnn Immigration 

Extension of stay permitted up to...

On 10/17/2019 at 7:18 PM, Pib said:

Regarding that Bt800K, did immigration require proof those funds came from outside Thailand....like a letter saying the funds were rec'd via SWIFT transfer?   Or they just wanted to see Bt800K was in the Thai bank and didn't care about the source of funds?   Didnt care if the funds came from a domestic deposit/transfer or international transfer?

hi pib, i just saw this question related to my post early on in this thread.  i did not have to get a letter from bangkok bank about the source of funds.  i transferred via SWIFT from USA and my bank book had the proper code for an international transfer.   maybe immigration saw that code.  i can't say whether they'll accept funds that aren't clearly an international transfer.

6 hours ago, zaZa9 said:

So what Visa am I currently on ?

The Visa got you in.... the stamp the immigration official let you stay (Permission of Stay Stamp). Most Visas are single entry and are already 'USED' when you head to the baggage claim. 

• Like 1

I got my first Extension of Stay - Retirement in 2010, after having worked in Thailand for many years. My funds came from within Thailand. I provided copies of my Income Tax Returns for the previous five years. That was enough to establish that I could have legally saved B 800,000 within Thailand.

15 minutes ago, allane said:

I got my first Extension of Stay - Retirement in 2010, after having worked in Thailand for many years. My funds came from within Thailand. I provided copies of my Income Tax Returns for the previous five years. That was enough to establish that I could have legally saved B 800,000 within Thailand.

Have you been asked to prove the origin of the 800,000 in recent years or was it just in 2010? I went from and O-A to an extension and have not been asked. I think it depends on what visa you start with.

I only had to prove the origin the first time, when I used funds which I had earned and saved in Thailand. I have never had to document my source of funds in the eight subsequent years, when I transferred the funds from my home country.

On 10/19/2019 at 5:37 AM, graeme72 said:

What documents are required for this ?

If you do the conversion at Cheangwattana (Bangkok), here is what you need. I picked this up last week. I you go to some other IO (especially Chiang Mai) the requirements will possibly be different.

David

TM87-CW.pdf

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/18/2019 at 3:37 PM, graeme72 said:

What documents are required for this ?

sorry i missed this but i see you got an answer from ubon joe.  at CW in bkk, it was a very easy process.  it is really just filling out the change visa form plus show your bank book and a bank letter to prove the 800,000thb.  and copies of the relevant passport pages.  at CW, it took me about 10 minutes for the first visit and 5 minutes for the second visit. 

but the wait time at CW for the longer term, twelve month extension can be anywhere from 3 hrs to 6 hrs depending on what day you go.

edit - i see the PDF above mentions a rental agreement and a location map.  i didn't have to provide this must have been added after i did it (i did mine 3 yrs ago).  i've never had to provide CW with my rental agreement, even for the 12 month extension (i did my annual ext this year, didn't need it, but i did run into the TM30 problem but a call btwn my apt manager and the IO took care of that).

Edited by buick