Requesting Start date on a Visa

I am based in New York and will be getting my OA long stay visa shortly.  I would like the Visa to start on Nov 15, the day my insurance coverage starts so they are both aligned.    Does anyone know if I can request a visa to start on a particular date?  Someone told me I could do that, but I wanted to get a few opinions.  Again, my insurance begins on the 15th for one year and I want to Visa to mirror that so I don't have issues next year with reentry based on my insurance not covering a "full year"  

Your visa O-A or whatever starts on the day its issued.
Forget your request.

Not exactly true. The holder must enter Thailand within one year of the effective date. However, the non imm o-a multi entry visa will be stamped for a year from the date the user enters Thailand.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It doesn't matter regarding the FIRST entry.Screenshot_20191010-114757_OfficeSuite.thumb.jpg.6cd7cbf8b6e4d0a7a320cddc6fe2f79a.jpg
1st entries on a new O-A Visa are stamped in for 12 months, no matter if your insurance has only 11 months left.
2nd and subsequent entries are stamped in until the valid till date of the insurance.
Just pay attention to section 4. If you only have say 11 months on first entry and you stay 12 months as per stamp, you MUST renew the insurance before it expires or your deemed on overstay and the stamp is reverted back to 11 months.

It doesn't matter regarding the FIRST entry.Screenshot_20191010-114757_OfficeSuite.thumb.jpg.6cd7cbf8b6e4d0a7a320cddc6fe2f79a.jpg
1st entries on a new O-A Visa are stamped in for 12 months, no matter if your insurance has only 11 months left.
2nd and subsequent entries are stamped in until the valid till date of the insurance.
Just pay attention to section 4. If you only have say 11 months on first entry and you stay 12 months as per stamp, you MUST renew the insurance before it expires or your deemed on overstay and the stamp is reverted back to 11 months.

That is not the way I read paragraph one. The translation is a bit odd but it sounds to me as if one will stamped into Thailand for the valid period of the insurance not to exceed one year.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SpokaneAl said:

That is not the way I read paragraph one. The translation is a bit odd but it sounds to me as if one will stamped into Thailand for the valid period of the insurance not to exceed one year.

OK. You now want to argue about how it works? We have already had the experts telling me all week none of this will effect extensions of an O-A.
Carry on with however you think it works. I am quite capable of reading Thai Police orders and understanding what they mean. In fact, I am quite capable of reading and understanding Law period.
Over to you

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

OK. You now want to argue about how it works? We have already had the experts telling me all week none of this will effect extensions of an O-A.

Carry on with however you think it works. I am quite capable of reading Thai Police orders and understanding what they mean. In fact, I am quite capable of reading and understanding Law period.

Over to you

I didn’t realize there was no room for discussion/disagreement here when dealing with a self appointed expert. Sorry.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, SpokaneAl said:

I didn’t realize there was no room for discussion/disagreement here when dealing with a self appointed expert. Sorry.

No need to be an expert, self appointed or otherwise to understand a simple 4 paragraph order. It isn't an instruction manual to build a Nuclear power plant.

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, SpokaneAl said:

Not exactly true. The holder must enter Thailand within one year of the effective date. However, the non imm o-a multi entry visa will be stamped for a year from the date the user enters Thailand.

Or perhaps until the insurance policy ends! Of course it is a Permission to Stay stamp. Herein lies an issue with the new insurance requirement, nobody mentioned when it was only the O-X.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Lovethailandelite said:

That is  not correct. I have highlighted the test showing it will only be up to the date the insurance ends.

image.png.316ac73a50b931970b0a5dc19053f2ff.png

If entering and the insurance has not started yet a person would only get a visa exempt entry if they qualify for one and if not could be denied entry.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

That is  not correct. I have highlighted the test showing it will only be up to the date the insurance ends.

image.png.316ac73a50b931970b0a5dc19053f2ff.png

If entering and the insurance has not started yet a person would only get a visa exempt entry if they qualify for one and if not could be denied entry.

It IS correct. How many times do you want to be wrong this week before you finally accept the fact you have completely no idea of what your actually talking about?

• Sad 4

13 hours ago, Lovethailandelite said:

It IS correct. How many times do you want to be wrong this week before you finally accept the fact you have completely no idea of what your actually talking about?

I I think most people on this forum find that  Ubonjoe is a consistently reliable source of information regarding all things related to visas and immigrations. Of course in Thailand many things are given multiple interpretations even by those tasked to apply/enforce them, and what may be true on Monday could very well be false on Tuesday.

No one can be right 100% of the time, but I would feel confident in believing that UJ is right far more often than you, despite your congratulatory self-praise and laudatory self-promotion.

• Like 1