Overstay and no cash advice needed.

1 minute ago, sanemax said:

Those long term stayers are there because they dont have travel documents and cannot get them or dont want to leave , rather than not being able to pay .

I do believe that every day you spend in IDC, 200 Baht gets taken off your overstay fine 

I believe it is only taken off once you have been to court. Fact is, if you don't have money for a flight etc, your Embassy (Mostly) or Thailand will not pay for you. Your stuck

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Those long term stayers are there because they dont have travel documents and cannot get them or dont want to leave , rather than not being able to pay .

I do believe that every day you spend in IDC, 200 Baht gets taken off your overstay fine 

From what I have read the 200 baht is taken off the fine for every day you spend in prison then you move to the IDC.

24 minutes ago, 55Jay said:

Overstay not as easy peazy as it used to be.

Tell him to stay put where he is, don't get arrested, book him a flight home.  Borrow 20,000 Baht (equivalent) and send to him for potential max fine on the way out of the airport.

It's the borrowing the 20000 baht and flight money that is the issue. His mum simply doesn't have it and isn't in a position to borrow it, there is nobody else he can ask (his father passed away when he was a child). For me I'd just leave him where he is to deal with the consequences of his actions but his poor mum is beside herself with worry. I'm just trying to get a idea of all options to figure out in the circumstances which is the best one/cheapest for his mum because ultimately even if she has to save for months that's where any money will come from.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, esposa said:

It's the borrowing the 20000 baht and flight money that is the issue. His mum simply doesn't have it and isn't in a position to borrow it, there is nobody else he can ask (his father passed away when he was a child). For me I'd just leave him where he is to deal with the consequences of his actions but his poor mum is beside herself with worry. I'm just trying to get a idea of all options to figure out in the circumstances which is the best one/cheapest for his mum because ultimately even if she has to save for months that's where any money will come from.

Tell her to contact the British Embassy. At one time they would issue a secured loan. I don't know if they still offer it or if they will offer it if he isn't yet in IDC. 

• Like 2

Just now, Lovethailandelite said:

Tell her to contact the British Embassy. At one time they would issue a secured loan. I don't know if they still offer it or if they will offer it if he isn't yet in IDC. 

Thank you, I wasn't expecting them to cover the cost of his flight and him not pay it back. We'll be contacting them tomorrow anyway. I'm not even sure she has the full story from him so I am hoping I can be there when he next makes contact.

27 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

He might be giving BS to mummy to get some money out of her too! Bad of him to distress her so and put her in this spot. 

His mother no doubt knows him better than you! Do you see bad in every such predicament I wonder

• Like 1

7 hours ago, elviajero said:

The Embassy will not help pay for the flight. They would only help get funds to him from a friend or relative.

Some embassy like Canada will lend the money for the flight if there is no other options. They will make you contact or they will contact the family and friends to try find the funds first. If they need to lend the money you can't leave Canada again until the debt has been repaid.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, sanemax said:

Isnt that only at the airport IDC ?

Some people confuse IDC (immigration detention center) and detention at the airport when denied. They really are not the same condition. Airport detention is heaven compared to IDC. One is a Thai jail and the other one is more like a shared room in a hostel. 

Edited by Tayaout
  • Like 2