BANGKOK
esposa

Overstay and no cash advice needed.

I'm surprised that he has a friend he can stay with in Thailand, but no friends back home he could borrow the money from. He really needs money to get out, one way or another.

1 minute ago, BritTim said:

Without all the facts, I never condemn anybody.

He might be giving BS to mummy to get some money out of her too! Bad of him to distress her so and put her in this spot. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

He might be giving BS to mummy to get some money out of her too! Bad of him to distress her so and put her in this spot. 

His mother no doubt knows him better than you! Do you see bad in every such predicament I wonder

• Like 1

7 hours ago, elviajero said:

The Embassy will not help pay for the flight. They would only help get funds to him from a friend or relative.

Some embassy like Canada will lend the money for the flight if there is no other options. They will make you contact or they will contact the family and friends to try find the funds first. If they need to lend the money you can't leave Canada again until the debt has been repaid.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, sanemax said:

Isnt that only at the airport IDC ?

Some people confuse IDC (immigration detention center) and detention at the airport when denied. They really are not the same condition. Airport detention is heaven compared to IDC. One is a Thai jail and the other one is more like a shared room in a hostel. 

Edited by Tayaout
  • Like 2