Overstay and no cash advice needed.

On 10/17/2019 at 3:14 PM, Gweiloman said:

You probably know as well as I do that the Western culture is much more “self centred” than the Asian culture. I don’t think the phrase “charity begins at home” originated from Asia.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Whenever I hear that phrase I get the feeling that the person using it actualy means “charity ends at home”.

• Like 2

On 10/19/2019 at 2:25 AM, thesetat2013 said:

Are you planning to abuse the gofundme website? This is people who have problems not caused by their own stupidity like working and overstaying on a tourist visa. 

This person you say needs help. Should take the consequences for his actions.

I just scrolled through some of those pages.

For me it seems like many people are abusing this websites for their self caused problems.

A lot of "had an accident and cant pay the treatment/ flight back home" auctions. If they had an appropriate insurance (which should be common sence), no one would have those problems. But yeah, better safe this 50€ so we can have 10 beers more ???? because this wont happen to us

sorry for off topic

1 hour ago, Buuge said:

I just scrolled through some of those pages.

For me it seems like many people are abusing thiswebsites for their self caused problems.

A lot of "had an accident and cant pay the treatment/ flight back home" auctions. If they had an appropriate insurance (which should be commonsence), no one would have those problems. But yeah, better safe this 50€ so we can have 10 beers more ???? because this wont happen to us

sorry for off topic

It's not really our job to tell people what they can or can't do with their life.  If we could, then maybe we would give them advice on everything.....eat better, go to school, buy this not that..... since we don't want people telling us (freedom), I think it's great people travel and of course things happen.  trust me, if it wasn't no insurance, it would be getting aids or something else that is bad...  so we must understand that everyone makes mistakes.  everyone does something bad, maybe goes too fast in their car, accident....etc....  so whatever.  let's realize this is life and help them through it.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/18/2019 at 7:27 AM, Ventenio said:

again, you fail to understand.  This is his gf's/lover's son....it should be part of his family.  I'm not talking about strangers or friends or the embassy or whatever.....I'm talking about a part of his family.  Yes, your gf's kid is part of your relationship if you want it or not.  OK, sure, let me die and go broke and suffer and really suffer and learn and learn and maybe help him get arrested to really teach him a lesson.  this will not work out well, i'm sure of it.  if you put your son in prison, then let us know how that worked out for you.  unless you've been in this situation, you really have no clue.

obviously you don't read or comprehend very well, its the mothers friend a female 

On 10/18/2019 at 9:32 AM, marin said:

Because by air is safer. He can pay the overstay and leave easily. Any other way is fraught with complications.  

I dont have any sympathy for him. I am also surprised his family cant come up with just 800 pounds. Genuinely surprised at this..

But is departure in this circumstance by train allowed?

7 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

why couldn't he leave at a land border?

Because many will not let a person leave the country with a long overstay. I think the reason for that is that the other country might not allow them to enter after clearing a long overstay.

• Like 1