What are the Benefits for Long Stay Visa Holders

Hi everyone,

This is my first post as a new member to the forum, although I have been reading posts for the past 12 months.  I have two issues that need clarifications.

I am living in Bangkok, in a rented condo on a non-immigrant retirement visa.  Since I and all others on a long stay visa are paying taxes on everything, aren't we entitled for benefits such as free public health treatment?

The other issue is that I'm facing difficulties in various places because of lack of Thai ID card which is out of the question as my landlord refuses to accompany me to the District Land Registration and there is no other way as far as I know to go round it.  Moving out of this condo is not an option for many reasons I do not wish to disclose.  Any ideas what I should do?

Thank you in advance

For example, I have an annual contract with True for a residential internet package (internet, TV, data and mobile) and whatever promotion or offers I get or credits I get is routed through True wallet which requires registering and the process can only be done with a valid Thai ID number. The same thing applies for grab and few other things.

6 minutes ago, Husain Tula said:

For example, I have an annual contract with True for a residential internet package (internet, TV, data and mobile) and whatever promotion or offers I get or credits I get is routed through True wallet which requires registering and the process can only be done with a valid Thai ID number. The same thing applies for grab and few other things.

Afaik to sign up for True wallet you need to be a Thai citizen, probably due to some laws. When signing up you not only have to input a Thai ID number, but also the number which is on the back of a Thai citizen ID card, i think the pink id card for non-citizens doesn't have this number, so you will not be able to sign up.

There is no need to have a Thai ID card to use Grab.

• Like 1