American boxer Day dies following brutal knockout

webfact

25 minutes ago, car720 said:

How can you

How can I? You mean me and millions of other people? You are just a small bunch of people that do not understand. Ok, I know. You are going to debate that you and the rest of the minority is right as always. Nevermind.

After that you are drawing lines between martial art sports and that our streets never going to be safe. shows me you do not have any facts to back up your post and only an opinon that belongs to the minority. 

There are two hard facts that you´ve missed:

1. Martial art sports have contributed to lower the unsafety regarding street violence.

2. Minority never wins. ???? 

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, overherebc said:

So if one gets a cut eye then in order not to hurt him more his opponent will no longer concentrate on that cut eye so he has retire?

No different to Rugby. If the team knows one of the opposition is key to the success of that team they will often target him with massive hits in the first 20 minutes, trying to remove him from the game. Normally it's done legally (but they're still trying to hurt him) but occasionally it's done illegally like the spear tackle on O'Driscoll in the 2005 Lions tour. 

It's a contact sport and yes, people do try and hurt each other.

11 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

No different to Rugby. If the team knows one of the opposition is key to the success of that team they will often target him with massive hits in the first 20 minutes, trying to remove him from the game. Normally it's done legally (but they're still trying to hurt him) but occasionally it's done illegally like the spear tackle on O'Driscoll in the 2005 Lions tour. 

It's a contact sport and yes, people do try and hurt each other.

Very different to rugby. Many examples have already been given, sorry to see you don't understand.

I am convinced that the present climate will change professional boxing, and in the present form it will sooner or later be outlawed.

I've always thought the sports were very stupid but they are entertaining to watch sometimes but I say they should be changed.   Measure yourself against the robot Defender pretty soon we will have robots that can box just like a man go up Against the Machine and measure your skills without hurting another one if you wish. Play Against the Machine set to kill or stun you choose. If you think martial arts is the only way to save people from a bad life you're screwed up in the head

???? What amazes me, when reading the thread, is that posters seem to follow the same groupings as when discussing the trump.

the thugs who support boxing, support the trump. Perhaps off topic, but a curious observation none the less.... and I’m sure there’s a logical explanation 

5 hours ago, jany123 said:

???? What amazes me, when reading the thread, is that posters seem to follow the same groupings as when discussing the trump.

the thugs who support boxing, support the trump. Perhaps off topic, but a curious observation none the less.... and I’m sure there’s a logical explanation 

What amazes me , anti Trump people keep going on about him in every thread and cannot stop mentioning him and use every and any opportunity to mention him or his supporters in a disparaging way

6 hours ago, rgraham said:

Shocking, how could someone who gets repeatedly beaten about the head die from a brain injury? What a great sport.

I reckon something worse than dying of brain injury is living with brain injury.  I've been saying all along that Colin Kaepernick should count his blessings, perhaps somebody up there likes him -- his good intentions are being rewarded.

11 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Very sad. Saw a few interviews with him in the build up to the fight and he seemed like a genuinely nice guy.

As for the sport, boxing does way more good than it does bad. It turns around many troubled individuals and deaths in the ring are fortunately very rare these days. Injury is a part of many sports and death happens in many sports as well. No reason to call the sport of boxing into question IMO.  

Bring back duelling.

2 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Any chance you could expand on knock someone out without damaging them ? 

If you read the sentence you quoted. It stood minimum damage. Not that you knock out somebody without damage. Nex time, feel free to quote the post without changing the meaning of it at the same time. Thank you! ???? 

1 hour ago, Matzzon said:

If you read the sentence you quoted. It stood minimum damage. Not that you knock out somebody without damage. Nex time, feel free to quote the post without changing the meaning of it at the same time. Thank you! ???? 

Not boxing, but Rico Verhoeven just declared about his sport 'when you're standing there, all you want to do is tear him (your opponent) apart'.

31 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Not boxing, but Rico Verhoeven just declared about his sport 'when you're standing there, all you want to do is tear him (your opponent) apart'.

They say all to maintain the image of the most feared fighter in their sport. Do you believe everything they say in politics too?

14 hours ago, Matzzon said:

How can I? You mean me and millions of other people? You are just a small bunch of people that do not understand. Ok, I know. You are going to debate that you and the rest of the minority is right as always. Nevermind.

After that you are drawing lines between martial art sports and that our streets never going to be safe. shows me you do not have any facts to back up your post and only an opinon that belongs to the minority. 

There are two hard facts that you´ve missed:

1. Martial art sports have contributed to lower the unsafety regarding street violence.

2. Minority never wins. ???? 

calling me a minority tells everyone here just what they need to know.

5 minutes ago, car720 said:

calling me a minority tells everyone here just what they need to know.

When did I call you a minority. What I did say was that you have an regarding this thread that belongs to a minority. It looks like too many people on this forum have a hard time understanding what they read.

14 hours ago, Matzzon said:

You are just a small bunch of people that do not understand. Ok, I know. You are going to debate that you and the rest of the minority is right as always. Nevermind.

and it also seems that some cannot remember what they have written previously.  Perhaps this is the result of being hit around the head too much.

4 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

When did I call you a minority. What I did say was that you have an regarding this thread that belongs to a minority. It looks like too many people on this forum have a hard time understanding what they read.

Or is it perhaps what you write.....????

15 hours ago, transam said:

Sad the guy lost his life.

Boxing, cage fighting etc are contact sports where the aim is to render their opponent  helpless. They know the risks.

I’m quite certain of something, young men might know of the risks, but they certainly do not understand them.

15 hours ago, transam said:

It can be a nice earner for some...

A very tiny number of boxers make a living out of the sport.

And take note, the kids and young men who take up boxing are not the children of the wealthy.

In reality, young men with few if any other options in life, taking risks they certainly do not understand with their health and life, in the hope of making a living out of the immensely profitable gambling industry around boxing.

8 minutes ago, car720 said:

and it also seems that some cannot remember what they have written previously.

Still related to the thread and of course means that you belong to a minority. You should now that a person can not be a minority but only belong to one.

11 minutes ago, car720 said:

Perhaps this is the result of being hit around the head too much.

A lot of guts behind the keybord. In that case you belong to a vast majority, that would suddenly become very quiet when saying that directly to a person. Forgive me if I laugh. ????????????

3 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

Still related to the thread and of course means that you belong to a minority. You should now that a person can not be a minority but only belong to one.

A lot of guts behind the keybord. In that case you belong to a vast majority, that would suddenly become very quiet when saying that directly to a person. Forgive me if I laugh. ????????????

Do you have anything to say about the topic under discussion?

14 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

I have said my opinion, but as long as people post comments. Yeah, then I guess I have the right to reply.

Unfortunately it seems you can not comprehend the reasons for any criticism and don't understand the posts made.

Archived