Ed Visa questioned with reentry permit suvarnabhumi

1 hour ago, from the home of CC said:

you're kidding right? Ever watch the Can./U.S./U.K./Aus border patrol shows? You think Thai imm. is stringent now wait till they really get rolling and catch up to their world wide counter parts. You ain't seen nothing yet..

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-50067575

You are the one who is kidding.

You are comparing someone who entered via an airport with a valid visa, with a group of people who had previously been denied entry and illegally crossed over the border via a ditch.

Just now, FritsSikkink said:

The immigration officer in the OP's story isn't official enough for you?

Sounds like you have never been to Thailand. If you ever come here you will qickly notice that IOs (and other government officials) make up their own requirements or rules on the fly, this doesn't mean that it's an official requirement.

• Like 2

All I know is the guy did not treat me with respect at all.  I've never committed any crimes and all I've ever done was spend money in Thailand.  Treating people this way is just weird logic.  I'm sure some people maybe work here illegally or something but I could work at McDonalds in America and make double what some of my friends make here as teachers! They can't really be this concerned about people working here right?

I make money on YouTube and all I've done to Thailand was donate money to their economy lol.  I wouldn't try to work here or anything...sigh.  

Anyway thanks for listening guys appreciate it.  Next time I will come armed with evidence from my school.  I have tons of worksheets, and notes from my studies I can bring.  

3 hours ago, teatree said:

You are the one who is kidding.

You are comparing someone who entered via an airport with a valid visa, with a group of people who had previously been denied entry and illegally crossed over the border via a ditch.

As a Canadian, if I admit that I used to smoke marijuana 30 yrs ago to an US customs official I stand a good chance of being banned for 5 yrs or more, this is occurring very frequently. Many people in Canada don't like lying to customs people (unlike visitors to here) so more and more people are being caught up in this. And if you admit you have had a past DUI to a Canadian IO coming in from America there's a good chance you won't enter. Probably kill off 70% of the riff raff tourists coming in here if implemented in Thailand. lol. No, sorry don't agree. I was giving an example of the lengths people will go to enter a country by lying, scamming and finally just breaking the law outright. Kid should of went into protective services and everybody jailed for a good while. As far as Thailand is concerned, it took them a while but they finally caught on to the fact that people just can't be trusted to do the right thing, hence more enforcement of existing laws. Every visa to this country has been exploited to the point where at one time national security was seriously lacking and still is to some extent. Every action bitterly opposed on these pages day in and day out has been a result of people believing the rules just don't apply to them - you're all dying by the sword..

https://globalnews.ca/news/6042469/baby-boomers-cannabis-border/

Edited by from the home of CC

So the IO questioned the validity of your visa, because you haven't learned Thai despite studying it for 7 months. That actually seems legitimate. 

Interviewed you for 1.5 hours, that seems excessive.

But is that him actually sitting across from you talking to you? Or is that the time it took to process you? Including him talking to you, him going to check with his supervisor, him getting tea and having a chuckle with his friends ..... with you just waiting on pins and needles to find out if going to be deported.

Edited by La Migra
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, illiterate said:

Everyone around these parts needs to get better about reading between the lines a little. It is VERY obvious they are cracking down, specifically on visas like ED, BECAUSE people are abusing them!! Read that again, because it means you abuse the system and get an ed visa that is not genuinely for ed, you are in jeopardy, and you put others in jeopardy. 

It's the same prejudice that most people have with Chinese people, just because some are rude, the general assumption is that all are rude if you meet one for the first time.

Edited by EricTh

39 minutes ago, La Migra said:

So the IO questioned the validity of your visa, because you haven't learned Thai despite studying it for 7 months. That actually seems legitimate. 

Interviewed you for 1.5 hours, that seems excessive.

But is that him actually sitting across from you talking to you? 

I don't think it's because he hasn't learn Thai. It's just that his Thai level is not up to intermediate level required to converse with the immigration officers.

What sort of Thai language level did the immigration officers tested him on?

If it's simple questions like what is your name, where did you come from, all these are elementary Thai that most students would be able to know how to answer.

Edited by EricTh

18 hours ago, jackdd said:

Sounds like you have never been to Thailand. If you ever come here you will qickly notice that IOs (and other government officials) make up their own requirements or rules on the fly, this doesn't mean that it's an official requirement.

I have been here since 1981, married with a Thai got 2 kids and work here legally, pay my taxes (a lot), speak and read the language. What about your status, mister know it all?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, FredGallaher said:

After 7 months living in Thailand and submerged in the language and going to school you should be able to speak pretty well.

I think that anyone who can learn to speak Thai “pretty well” after just 7 months is extraordinarily talented at learning languages. I’m too embarrassed to say how many years I’ve been struggling with Thai, and I still can’t understand a news bulletin, can only read children’s books, and can only engage in very simple conversations.