Fish dream led to big lottery win for Buriram grannie

webfact

Fish dream led to big lottery win for Buriram grannie 

3pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

A grandmother in Buriram in Thailand's north east won first prize in the lottery yesterday.

When Daily News reporters arrived there were a lot of well wishers at the house of sixty four year old Thongyoi Khannark, a convenience store owner in the village of Ban Chanphle. 

Grasping ticket number 812564 that netted her 6 million baht she told the press how she had had a dream about catching a whole pick-up load of fish with her husband.

When a lottery seller came next morning she bought three tickets. 

She also won 4,000 baht on the last three numbers - 598 - of another ticket. 

She plans to spend the windfall on paying off the mortgage on her house and other debts. Some will also go to her children and grandchildren and for "tham bun" (making merit) at the temple. 

She said she had never won before and this was a very pleasant surprise. 

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-10-17

1 hour ago, webfact said:

She plans to spend the windfall on paying off the mortgage on her house and other debts. Some will also go to her children and grandchildren

I thinking that this lady is going to be visited by a lot more relatives other than her children and grandchildren. I wish her the best of luck...

1 hour ago, missoura said:

I thinking that this lady is going to be visited by a lot more relatives other than her children and grandchildren. I wish her the best of luck...

To me it looks like she at least have a plan and do not look hysterical holding the tickets. My bet would be that this lady can handle the situation.

6 hours ago, missoura said:

Sounds like the neighbours are already making themselves that little bit more friendly!

Archived