Thai government employee health care

Ajvat37

If she is a civil servant (which not everyone employed in a government office is) then yes. The Civil Service SS system covers spouses (unlike the 2 other systems that comprise universal coverage in Thailand). There is no exclusion for pre-existing conditions.

If she works in a government office as a contract employee and is not a civil servant, then she would not come under the Civil Service SS (though she likely would be under regular SS) and thus her spouse also would not.

12 hours ago, Sheryl said:

If she is a civil servant (which not everyone employed in a government office is) then yes. The Civil Service SS system covers spouses (unlike the 2 other systems that comprise universal coverage in Thailand). There is no exclusion for pre-existing conditions.

If she works in a government office as a contract employee and is not a civil servant, then she would not come under the Civil Service SS (though she likely would be under regular SS) and thus her spouse also would not.

Yes, if the wife is a civil servan then the husband and her parents are also covered. My wife is a civil servant and I can deduct quite a large sum from the normal hospital prices - eg. I paid about 2500 for a ct scan at Sirirat. Regular price was about 12K if I recall. There each bill has 2 parts - that can be claimed and the part that cannot be claimed back. 

Archived