Senior army man denies trying to murder "pretties" in their car

webfact

He has been charged with attempted murder, having a weapon in the city, firing in the city and having an illegal weapon. He denied everything saying he sold the gun used in the attack to a friend a long time ago. 

!. I thought all guns had to be registered to an owner ( normally a Thai)? That's what this farang was told when I tried to buy a Glock. He had an illegal gun and onsold to someone no evidence of that. There is enough to open charges just on gun ownership.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These army guys have friends that are on another level.

You know..

The kind of friend who let's you borrow his multi-million dollar watches and then dies soon after

And apparently,

the kind of friend who'll buy a gun from you, after you've shot at somebody with it, and take the blame too.

1 hour ago, chang1 said:

If the gun has not been found and examined, how does he know it is the shooters gun that he sold to a friend?

Only scanned through the initial article and quickly read the posts.  Yours is the one that really hits the nail on the head.  Thank you.

2 hours ago, LivinLOS said:

The article (purposefully) avoids important details like was he in the driver of the pickup on the supplied video evidence, was he at the scene, etc.. 

The ownership of the gun is made a big point, while so much other evidence would appear to place him as the shooter anyway. 

If he did sell it to a friend, did he complete the appropriate documentation??

3 hours ago, scorecard said:

And/or he believes that because he's army he's entitled to behave any way he wants and non-army underling folks should respect his superior open-ended entitlement without question. 

I remember, many years ago, an army man double-parked on Rama 4 Road, and a security guard told him he couldn't park there. So the army man shot him.

So many Thais haven't yet cottoned on to the fact that there is CCTV everywhere. Including boys in brown who have been caught in stores collecting their regular 'donations'. My favourite story from this site was the shop owner who installed CCTV in her clothing shop and it caught her stealing from a customer's bag while the customer was in a cubicle trying on a dress. Brilliant!

6 hours ago, webfact said:

He was subjected to a thirty minute grilling before being handed back to the advocate and ushered away

Ushered away to where.... If he used the gun then it's attempted murder, he should be remanded pending investigation?

With masks on how can someone say they are not pretty? Why didn't they go impound his truck to search for gunpowder before he replaces the interior?  I can't tell if it's him in the CCTV because all older male Thai men look the same to me. 

Would I be the first to suggest that they were at the same drinking establishment as he was and they turned him down?

Senior army man denies trying to murder "pretties" in their car

4pma.jpg

Picture: Daily News

A senior military man presented himself at the Bang Kruay police yesterday.

The sergeant major denied that he shot two "pretties" in their Yaris. 

He claims he sold the gun used in the attack to a friend a long time ago

-

Maybe he sold his gun to the judge who shot himself in Bangkok a few weeks back ???? just a thought ! ..... even with the evidence ? Ignorance is bliss. An example must be made and stripped of his title and sentenced to at least 15yrs in prison. However being an army state he’ll get promoted by sitting behind a desk and it will be sweeped under The carpet...

Archived