Senior army man denies trying to murder "pretties" in their car

webfact

Interesting that he knows that the gun used was his gun and that somehow he sold the gun used a long time ago????? Time travel proven or more Thai incredible excuses to explain away fault. I guess any excuse is better than none

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Matzzon said:

And as an army guy, he do not realize the importance of changing the owner name on the weapon. I guess he had the best instructor in the world, or that he´s just thick as a brick. Another assumption would of course be, that the man might be telling some lies.

Soldiers do not keep up with the civilian laws regarding the transfer of firearms. But you are right, as a gun owner, as a man deemed to be intelligent enough to reach his rank, and as anyone with any sense, he should have known to document any forearm transfer. 

"There have been claims made elsewhere in the Thai media - and on the Facebook page of Manasvee - that the army man will try to use his influence to escape responsibility."  He's an enlisted soldier, his circle of influence is other enlisted personnel.  In other words, he has no influence. On top of that there are situations where your superiors are going to just advise you to bring your own rope; because, they are going to hang you. This is one of them.

He obviously suffers from the sense of entitlement that carrying a firearm instills in the weak and insecure of the human race.

“I understand that you will soon be leavin' town

Don't try to call me when they finally run you down

Just give fair warning any time you come around

With a gun

With a gun

You will be what you are just the same”

Steely Dan  …. Circa; 1974

17 minutes ago, chama said:

Soldiers do not keep up with the civilian laws regarding the transfer of firearms. But you are right, as a gun owner, as a man deemed to be intelligent enough to reach his rank, and as anyone with any sense, he should have known to document any forearm transfer. 

Since when did possessing any level of intellectual quotient have anything to do with achieving the rank he reached ????????✌️????

10 hours ago, agudbuk said:

So did he name his friend?

A familiar story.  The friend's name was Noi and he doesn't know his real name or address but heard he has since returned to his home province.  No, he doesn't know which province that might be.

"Senior army man".  What? The guy is an NCO, not even an officer - a sergeant major 1st class and sergeant major doesn't mean what it means in the British army, i.e. only one company sergeant major per company and one regimental sergeant major per regiment.  It just means any time serving sergeant. 

1 hour ago, chama said:

The Firearms Act says something like the provisions of this act do not apply to military and law enforcement officers using firearms in the course of their duties.  That exempts soldiers from needing permits for government owned firearms issued to them which they have to return to stores when not using on duty.  It doesn't permit them to carry unregistered firearms in public or discharge them at will.  I have a friend, a full general, who is a firearms enthusiast and he applies for permits every time he buys a new gun which is often. 

This sergeant's gun was obviously an unregistered one.   So he could not have registered the transfer, even if he really had sold it to someone, which is clearly not the case anyway.   

10 hours ago, rkidlad said:

A very poorly written and confusing article.

Whether they were using their full beams or not, what does it matter? You don't go around shooting at people. This is a complete non-issue. 

Agreed on both counts but this full beam thing is a common cause of death in Thailand.  Someone was murdered in a similar case in Ubon (I think) a year or two ago.  The victim was shot dead with a shotgun a rural area by some trigger happy jerk who said he did it because he thought the guy had his full beams on which turned out not to be the case. 

After market light bulbs sold in Thailand are so bright that it is easy to get killed driving with them dipped.  One also has to be very careful not to put headlights on full beam by mistake without noticing.  Could be a death sentence.  What a country!

Hmm, What gun? firstly the police had to bullet does the have a return address on it? Plus if it is him in the CCTV. He just happen to have a Black pick up, and was there at the time? How unlucky for him. and the friend happened to be in the neighborhood with the gun too! 

15 hours ago, chang1 said:

If the gun has not been found and examined, how does he know it is the shooters gun that he sold to a friend?

Oh my we share the same thinking Sherlock you got him by his "dangly bits" too, he's admitted it was his gun already... so how did he know it was his gun?

Only forensics could match the bullet to the gun used!

If he knows it was his gun he must have been standing behind it when it went off !

Guilty....

"Thaivisa notes that the term "pretty" is a noun in Thailand denoting a lady who works as a hostess or sales representative promoting products. It does not necessarily relate to the physical appearance of the female."

However, to get a job as a "pretty" I am sure you need to be reasonably good looking.

On 10/17/2019 at 11:46 AM, rkidlad said:
On 10/17/2019 at 11:21 AM, webfact said:

The sergeant major denied that he shot two "pretties" in their Yaris

He claims he sold the gun used in the attack to a friend a long time ago.

There were suggestions that they had been targeted in a road rage incident after using a high beam - something the driver denied saying they were the victims of a misunderstanding

A very poorly written and confusing article.

What's "so poorly written and confusing" about his stating that he was denying the charge as he sold the gun a long time ago?

The victims' denial of the high beam suggestion is pretty clear also.

21 hours ago, British Bulldog said:

I can't believe that an Army officer sold 'a' gun to a 'friend', presumably it was an Army issued gun ? ... and he just reported it missing ? That in itself should a 'charge' even in Thailand shouldn't it ?

Your presumptions are not necessarily accurate.

6 hours ago, Dexxter said:

"Thaivisa notes that the term "pretty" is a noun in Thailand denoting a lady who works as a hostess or sales representative promoting products. It does not necessarily relate to the physical appearance of the female."

However, to get a job as a "pretty" I am sure you need to be reasonably good looking.

Thaivisa was pointing that out simply to avoid the usual daft, off-topic remarks about the girls' looks that always drag these threads out to scores of pages..

21 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

So many Thais haven't yet cottoned on to the fact that there is CCTV everywhere. Including boys in brown who have been caught in stores collecting their regular 'donations'. My favourite story from this site was the shop owner who installed CCTV in her clothing shop and it caught her stealing from a customer's bag while the customer was in a cubicle trying on a dress. Brilliant!

..just testing the camera perhaps..obviously the angle was perfect.

5 hours ago, Just Weird said:

What's "so poorly written and confusing" about his stating that he was denying the charge as he sold the gun a long time ago?

The victims' denial of the high beam suggestion is pretty clear also.

Who said I specifically said that part was confusing? Learn to read properly before you comment, Gdgbb. 

Well he fired several shots ! I think if he had wanted to murder them ! then he would have ! Like a man trained in Fire arms, .... so not guilty to attempted Murder I think, .... but guilty to all of the rest like just being a hosses ass with a Gun ! ... and discharging it dangerously, damaging their Yaris ... and well probably drunk ! ? .... Like where was the miss understanding ? In the restaurant ? ... I think that "Pretties" is a bad use of the English language also .... for potential sails agents ? ... 

Archived