Bangkok to Pattaya urgent trip

tweedledee2

Need logistic planning Bangkok to Pattaya. Forty+ students from Surin Vocational College went by bus to Pattaya 2 weeks ago on work internship programs at various hotels and restaurants in the city. Our daughter is working a Mountain Beach Hotel. She just called crying saying was sick, complaining of stomach and upper gastric pain, not knowing what to do. I advised her to contact the hotel and inquire as to what clinic or hospital was nearby and go for treatment, until we can get to her. So we need to make an emergency trip. We be arriving by bus in Bangkok very early tomorrow. I have read that taxi's go to Pattaya from BKK for around 1500 baht. What about from the NE area near bus stations?  Another option is taking a van from Victory Monument. Does anyone know the cost and if the vans only take you to a central drop-off point in Pattaya or to your actual final destination? 

Thanks in advance for any information provided. I will check back later as I have to make hotel reservations and go pick up the MIL to take care of our home, while we are away.  

Any advice for return trip?

If you arrive by bus there will almost certainly be another bus leaving from that station going to Pattaya..you then of course arrive at one of the Pattaya stations and need to negotiate a fare (the taxis in Pattaya won't use their meter)...maybe a Taxi straight from Bangkok to the hotel isnt such a bad deal ?

There are large blue buses from both Moe Chit and Ekamai bus stations in Bangkok. 

They will drop you at the bus station on North Rd (Rung Ruen). Baht buses can be taken from there, or motorcycle taxis. 

Have you got the Grab app on your phone? A taxi could be booked.

Just grab a decent looking taxi off the street and negotiate a price.  Also, there are drivers and taxi services that hang around the hotels that offer that service.  Can also try use Grap App as someone else suggested.  And then there are the buses which are the cheapest option and leave every 30-60 minutes from Ekamai which is on the skytrain route.  You have many options at different prices and levels of convenience.

Archived