Pattaya: Pensioner dies in "penthouse" swimming pool on his birthday

webfact

Pattaya: Pensioner dies in "penthouse" swimming pool on his birthday

7pm2.jpg

Pattaya Update News

Pattaya Update News reported that a 73 years old foreigner was found dead in a penthouse swimming pool in Soi Kasetsin, Bang Lamung late last night. 

Documents showed it was his birthday. 

The man was floating in the pool when Pol Lt Naret Phumsuk of the Pattaya police arrived at 11.30 pm. 

A diver retrieved the body from the pool. It was thought that he had been dead between 3 and 5 hours. 

There were no signs of injury to the body. 

Mayuree Saengkratoke, 41, said that she heard a woman scream and rushed to the pool where she found Mr Power still and drowned. 

She said he was a man who had many illnesses and lived alone. 

Police discovered from his ID that he had been born 1946. 

The media described him as coming from Iceland. 

Thaivisa notes that confusing Iceland and Ireland is common in Thailand. Efforts by our reporter to ascertain his true nationality have been unsuccessful. 

Source: Pattaya Update News

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-10-17

Before commenting on this topic, please consider the subject matter and be respectful that someone has died.
Any off topic and/or insensitive posts will be removed without warning and could result in those who made the posts being banned from the site. 

/Admin

35 minutes ago, webfact said:

Before commenting on this topic, please consider the subject matter and be respectful that someone has died.
Any off topic and/or insensitive posts will be removed without warning and could result in those who made the posts being banned from the site. 

/Admin

It's sad that you have to remind people to be civil...

2 hours ago, looking for LIFE insurance said:

It's sad that you have to remind people to be civil...

It is sad and I put it down to the "me, me, me/electronic devices/social media society" we live in. No compassion is needed when you're safely behind the keyboard to make your comments because they know there can be no repercussions; most of the people making crude comments wouldn't say it to people's faces.

R.I.P.  septuagenarian man from the North Atlantic.

Maybe best to have an "Obituary" section on ThaiVisa so when people pass on alone or in a "normal" way we do not get conspiracy theorists chiming in on possible motives and mischief involved

2 hours ago, Skallywag said:

R.I.P.  septuagenarian man from the North Atlantic.

Maybe best to have an "Obituary" section on ThaiVisa so when people pass on alone or in a "normal" way we do not get conspiracy theorists chiming in on possible motives and mischief involved

This is not such a bad idea, at least the expats who are living alone and pass away will be be able to be know and not just be anonymous. Hopefully they will have relatives. 

4 hours ago, essox essox said:

they do not know where these places ARE??!!!

To be fair, in the UK, many confuse Thailand and Taiwan.

Dying at 74, in a penthouse pool in Thailand, at night, probably not alone.  That's a better way to check out than many of us can expect.  ????

RIP, hope you went with a smile on your face.

19 hours ago, Sheryl said:

I might get a few wrong  myself. It's a very large country.

Would most Brits be able to fill in all the counties of the UK correctly?

Hardly, they keep moving them around, changing names and creating new ones for political reasons. That doesn't happen with USA States. 

On 10/17/2019 at 3:56 PM, legend49 said:

She said he was a man who had many illnesses and lived alone. 

That describes millions of people. Let the autopsy reveal what happened.

RIP

She wasn't providing a conclusion on the cause of his death, she was making an informed observation, that's all!

23 hours ago, Sheryl said:

The problem would be is Rutland a county? Also as there are no county borders and the car license plates are all the same. It is difficult to know exactly where one is.

On 10/18/2019 at 1:43 PM, Sheryl said:

England yes. However Wales, Scotland and N Ireland? I cant even say most of them let alone pinpoint them on a map.

Thats just one Brit. ????????

15 hours ago, Travill said:

Rest in peace.

I am from Iceland. When a Thai ask me : Where are you from ? I tell them I am from Denmark. because If I tell them Iceland they say oh Ireland.

Iceland is just to small or far away to be on their map.

could also be they are dumb

Archived