Pattaya: Pensioner dies in "penthouse" swimming pool on his birthday

webfact

On 10/18/2019 at 8:06 AM, essox essox said:

they do not know where these places ARE??!!!

On 10/18/2019 at 12:43 PM, Sheryl said:

I might get a few wrong  myself. It's a very large country.

Would most Brits be able to fill in all the counties of the UK correctly?

No, Thai people know the difference between Iceland and Ireland.

Problem is they are pronounced exactly the same and are only differentiated with silent letters.

On 10/21/2019 at 3:03 AM, fhickson said:

could also be they are dumb

Maybe they think it is another complaint about the warm beer. 

RIP to this guy... swimming alone is risky... the Irish were some of the most important immigrants to the US, besides the Sgermans, of course, and are mostly great folks to do a beer or five with.  If only the Canadians were half as cool. 

On 10/17/2019 at 12:25 PM, webfact said:

Before commenting on this topic, please consider the subject matter and be respectful that someone has died.
Any off topic and/or insensitive posts will be removed without warning and could result in those who made the posts being banned from the site. 

/Admin

R I P poor man must be awful to die alone .hope it was quick for him

On 10/23/2019 at 8:00 PM, Gilltom said:

R I P poor man must be awful to die alone .hope it was quick for him

drowning is actually a very peaceful way to go. theres no pain, and once your resigned, which you will do and accept, theres no panic. its just like falling asleep and you loose consciousness.

i would prefer it over having someone there who was panicking, or being in a loud hospital with people rushing around.

On 10/17/2019 at 6:24 AM, webfact said:

A diver retrieved the body from the pool.

This drives me nuts about Thailand. If you see a body in a pool, immediately wade in and drag the poor fecker out. Even if he seems to be dead, you never know, there is always a chance he can be resuscitated.

Instead, in this case, they obviously stood around babbling for half-an-hour, called the police, waited for the police, then the police stood around babbling for half-an-hour before calling for a police dive team who took another hour to assemble their advanced equipment and get there.

No retrieval of a body from a swimming pool requires a diver.

73 is not such a bad age to die. I hope he was enjoying life in Thailand rather than Ireland, which is currently wet, dark, and cold. I am glad to note, from other posts in this thread, that he had friends here.

Iceland gets off scott-free once again!

3 hours ago, fhickson said:

i would prefer it over having someone there who was panicking, or being in a loud hospital with people rushing around.

I prefer the Kim Jong-un approach. I want dozens of top doctors rushing around madly, doing all they can think of, in full knowledge that if I die they and their families will be ceremonially ripped apart by specially trained alsatians.

3 hours ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

Where is nongprue, where is Banlamung? Soi kasetsin is on or near cosy beach rd in the Pratumnak area.

Nongprue is a town municipality  (thesaban mueang) located mostly East of Sukhumvit, whereas Banglamung is a district (amphoe) in which Nongprue is located. The way addresses are written here that seems to mean nothing though.  

20 hours ago, donnacha said:

This drives me nuts about Thailand. If you see a body in a pool, immediately wade in and drag the poor fecker out. Even if he seems to be dead, you never know, there is always a chance he can be resuscitated.

Instead, in this case, they obviously stood around babbling for half-an-hour, called the police, waited for the police, then the police stood around babbling for half-an-hour before calling for a police dive team who took another hour to assemble their advanced equipment and get there.

No retrieval of a body from a swimming pool requires a diver.

73 is not such a bad age to die. I hope he was enjoying life in Thailand rather than Ireland, which is currently wet, dark, and cold. I am glad to note, from other posts in this thread, that he had friends here.

Iceland gets off scott-free once again!

thats correct. you go unconscious for a time. your not dead. not sure what the exact time is but its long enough to swim to someone, fish them out and start pumping on the stomache, cpr if you know what your doing.

im speaking from personal experience here ????

Archived