Thirty one teachers injured - driver dead - as bus slams into rear of gas tanker

webfact

At the risk of being called pedantic, that truck  8pm.jpg   is not placarded for either diesel fuel  image.jpeg.726ead15580b034e56c62fdb3ea415a0.jpeg  or gasoline (petrol) image.jpeg.0169508408ba46258737b2417370588f.jpeg

It appears to have a U.N. 3082 placard image.png.e8714d82ba39a420d5dab3a108e27590.png hazardous liquid, plus an environmentally hazardous placardImage result for hazardous liquid NOS to finish it off.  May not have been as flammable as gasoline, but a nasty liquid when pouring out onto the highway. 

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Chazar said:
2 hours ago, Chazar said:

I like the way they do their u turns  by using half  the outer  lane to swing out wide which is totally unnecessary and half  blocks  or  fully  blocks  that outer  lane.

More to the point is why do these buses stay in the right hand lane all the time!!! If he had been in the normal left lane this would not have happened.

Seems to be a Thai thing to remain in the right lane even when the left is clear especially buses at 90+ kph and in convoy!!

1 hour ago, worgeordie said:

I think the tanker must have been carrying Diesel,as if it had been

Petrol it would most likely explode,

"were mostly asleep at the time of the accident.",something I could

never do on a bus,if I had to travel,sit behind the driver and watch

him like a hawk.

Regards Worgeordie

I never took a bus so far but a train. Not fast but safe. 

(even a hawk ???? will fall asleep)????

2 hours ago, CanterbrigianBangkoker said:

Please, open your eyes!! Don't bury your head in the sand. Same old boring story  - one bit of criticism of a Thai person's aptitude and you dismiss it as even being possible! It is being offered as one of the possible reasons for the crash by the RTP no less, why do you think that is so? Because it is apparently relatively common here and across the region. Driver was doing a long haul trip and possibly had a turnaround within the same 24hr period (not uncommon), fella drifts off at the wheel for a few seconds and that is all it takes for disaster... I mean come on, of course these things happen. Wake up na krup. ???? 

Read again.

if you sleep when drive a bus you WILL crash. Sure. 

I was talk about the other story who say they have sleeping driver and NOT crash. If you believe is possible, up to you.

i not believe that. Will crash in less 10 second sure. Impossible. 

I keep forgetting these crashes only occur in Thailand and not the rest of the world.

With plenty of judges available, I watch with interest in their findings into that crash. ????‍⚖️????‍⚖️????‍⚖️????‍⚖️????‍⚖️????‍⚖️

4 hours ago, keith101 said:

Pretty much the reason why so many buses are involved in accidents . I had a friend tell me he was on a bus in the middle of the day and the driver was asleep and when he mentioned it to a Thai she said its ok not worry about .

Hey, maybe the Thai lady knows that the driver has good karma so sleeping when driving not a problem.

3 hours ago, sillyfool said:

come on give the guy a brake. maybe he did fall asleep after working a very long shift. 

If the guy did have a brake it would fail and then that would be blamed, or blame the fact that he had been driving for 3 days straight and had run out of Yaba, or blame the employer, or the govt. Or the driver of the truck for stopping, no stop lights, no indicator, no street lights, stupid place to put a U-turn blah blah blah.......

Or, luck basterds on the coach for not getting blown to bits

3 hours ago, Chazar said:

Seeing the  photo with benzene/gasoline/petrol  pouring out the back Id  be nowhere near that bomb waiting to go off. Just more appalling driving from the worst drivers in the world.

I like the way they do their u turns  by using half  the outer  lane to swing out wide which is totally unnecessary and half  blocks  or  fully  blocks  that outer  lane.

Combine all of that with the lack of  rear  lights, drivers who are already half  asleep and the mindset and this is the result...................dont bother with the "happens in other countries cack either" This is something Thailand excels at

This 

5 hours ago, keith101 said:

Pretty much the reason why so many buses are involved in accidents . I had a friend tell me he was on a bus in the middle of the day and the driver was asleep and when he mentioned it to a Thai she said its ok not worry about .

That just shows that they don't give a flying fritz about anything not even  Live, What happens is suppose to happen. Thai thinking at its best. ????

The accident happened at a U-Turn.  If you drive anywhere in Thailand you know that large trucks rarely use the turn lane; and, nearly always are in the "passing lane" to allow them to make a wider turn. The buses pretty much live in that "passing lane".  Add that to narrow U-Turns, U-Turns used as parking spaces/food vending, darkness with a poorly lit road; and, you get these results.  

My condolences to the driver's family and I hope those injured recover soon. Could have been a lot more dead eh? The other evening I was driving around 70 km/h in an 80 limit zone and slowing as there were traffic lights ahead. A coach whizzed past as though I wasn't moving. It went straight through a red light (which had changed to green by the time I got there). Crazy driving!

1 hour ago, geoff65 said:

I keep forgetting these crashes only occur in Thailand and not the rest of the world.

With plenty of judges available, I watch with interest in their findings into that crash. ????‍⚖️????‍⚖️????‍⚖️????‍⚖️????‍⚖️????‍⚖️

Crashes do happen all over the world.

Crashes of this nature and frequency - not so much. Not nearly as much. 

Archived