BANGKOK
webfact

Thirty one teachers injured - driver dead - as bus slams into rear of gas tanker

2 hours ago, Chazar said:
2 hours ago, Chazar said:

I like the way they do their u turns  by using half  the outer  lane to swing out wide which is totally unnecessary and half  blocks  or  fully  blocks  that outer  lane.

More to the point is why do these buses stay in the right hand lane all the time!!! If he had been in the normal left lane this would not have happened.

Seems to be a Thai thing to remain in the right lane even when the left is clear especially buses at 90+ kph and in convoy!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sillyfool said:

come on give the guy a brake. maybe he did fall asleep after working a very long shift. 

Is that an intentional pun, because the driver did not give a brake !

• Like 1

3 hours ago, webfact said:

used large axes

Probably they can use them at home as well when having trouble with family or neighbours...? 😈

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, 30la said:
When some of you responsible understand that many of these drivers are criminals without conscience!
Time to do something, and fast!

Yeah..... Do it...... Good luck 😈

1 hour ago, worgeordie said:

I think the tanker must have been carrying Diesel,as if it had been

Petrol it would most likely explode,

"were mostly asleep at the time of the accident.",something I could

never do on a bus,if I had to travel,sit behind the driver and watch

him like a hawk.

Regards Worgeordie

I never took a bus so far but a train. Not fast but safe. 

(even a hawk 👀 will fall asleep)😈

2 hours ago, CanterbrigianBangkoker said:

Please, open your eyes!! Don't bury your head in the sand. Same old boring story  - one bit of criticism of a Thai person's aptitude and you dismiss it as even being possible! It is being offered as one of the possible reasons for the crash by the RTP no less, why do you think that is so? Because it is apparently relatively common here and across the region. Driver was doing a long haul trip and possibly had a turnaround within the same 24hr period (not uncommon), fella drifts off at the wheel for a few seconds and that is all it takes for disaster... I mean come on, of course these things happen. Wake up na krup. 😉 

Read again.

if you sleep when drive a bus you WILL crash. Sure. 

I was talk about the other story who say they have sleeping driver and NOT crash. If you believe is possible, up to you.

i not believe that. Will crash in less 10 second sure. Impossible. 

• Sad 1

35 minutes ago, sawadee1947 said:

Probably they can use them at home as well when having trouble with family or neighbours...? 😈

Rear window should pull out, giving access to interior of bus!

I keep forgetting these crashes only occur in Thailand and not the rest of the world.

With plenty of judges available, I watch with interest in their findings into that crash. 👨‍⚖️👨‍⚖️👨‍⚖️👨‍⚖️👨‍⚖️👨‍⚖️

• Sad 1

Just another day, another report.. more statistics that won't change a thing !

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, keith101 said:

Pretty much the reason why so many buses are involved in accidents . I had a friend tell me he was on a bus in the middle of the day and the driver was asleep and when he mentioned it to a Thai she said its ok not worry about .

Hey, maybe the Thai lady knows that the driver has good karma so sleeping when driving not a problem.

Having tattoos and being a Thai national bus driver!!! You cannot drive at speed and for 25 hours in one day!

Edited by kevinmartyn
Spelling

3 hours ago, sillyfool said:

come on give the guy a brake. maybe he did fall asleep after working a very long shift. 

If the guy did have a brake it would fail and then that would be blamed, or blame the fact that he had been driving for 3 days straight and had run out of Yaba, or blame the employer, or the govt. Or the driver of the truck for stopping, no stop lights, no indicator, no street lights, stupid place to put a U-turn blah blah blah.......

Or, luck basterds on the coach for not getting blown to bits

• Like 1