GPX Legend 250 twin.

Denim

Not sure if this has appeared elsewhere but just noticed it today and thought that the styling and price were very competitive. If , on account of the flat pound , my belt were not so tightened it might be tempting if I could think of somewhere I wanted to go.

จีพีเอ็กซ์-รีเจ้นท์-250ทวิน-ปี-2019-สีดำด้าน.jpg

He says the price is 79,500 baht

in another review they give the engine specs

234cc SOHC inline twin  with  Fi

Air cooled with big oil cooler

16 HP @ 8500 RPM  15.5 Nm @ 7000 RPM

6 speed  top speed @ 140 Kph

If the pound was still at 70 to the baht I might be tempted to go get one  today ????

the second hand price in a couple of years will probably be more tempting ?

28 minutes ago, Agusts said:

When was the £ pound anywhere near 70 baht...!? 

Maybe you meant 55... , non of my currency charts going back 10 years showing more than that...! lol

2005 - 75.9  peak.  2006 about 72 peak. 

https://www.poundsterlinglive.com/bank-of-england-spot/historical-spot-exchange-rates/gbp/GBP-to-THB-2005

Long time ago, I doubt we ever see those numbers again, even $ is loosing value to baht now... I'm just watching the UK parliament voting on Brexit, whatever happen £ never be 70 baht again...!!!

Stop dreaming just buy this GPX 250 twin, looks awesome - probably a throw-away-in-a-few years type though....

11 minutes ago, Happy Grumpy said:

Looks like overweighted, underpowered

Well then how about  a Suzuki

Raider R 150

147 cc single cylinder,Water cooled,  DOHC, 4 valves,  Fi, 6 speed

18.2 HP @ 10,000 RPM  18.8 NM @ 8500 RPM

109 KG    145-150 KPH

67,900 baht

1 hour ago, guzzi850m2 said:

Yes that's the problem, how is the quality?

Looks quite nice though, dual front disks and all which is very usual on a 250cc bike.

I've looked closely at a few other GPX bikes and at least from the outside the quality looks pretty good . I had a real close look at The Gentleman ( also GPX  ) and was surprised at how good it seemed. Problems that have occurred seem to be internals. 

The Gentleman for example had issues with gear selection.

58 minutes ago, Happy Grumpy said:

234cc.

Dual front disks on a bike with 16HP....

Looks like it's all for show. 

Yes but it does looks nice but adds weight, it would have been better they added ABS instead of the 2 front disks.

Normally dual front disks starts at 650cc bikes but Triumphs 900cc models gets by with one.

In this type of Chinese bikes the only good one is Stallion 400cc , a bit more expensive but it is a solid made motor...(assembled in Thailand).

You can probably find a used one at a good price,  Chinese bikes don't keep their value....!

10 hours ago, Happy Grumpy said:

234cc.

Dual front disks on a bike with 16HP....

Looks like it's all for show. 

True, but people buy Harley Davidson's at vast expense but it doesn't seem to bother them. As long as they have the verisimilitude of a hells angel they are well pleased.

1 hour ago, Agusts said:

In this type of Chinese bikes the only good one is Stallion 400cc , a bit more expensive but it is a solid made motor...(assembled in Thailand).

You can probably find a used one at a good price,  Chinese bikes don't keep their value....!

The Chinese are improving.

When I was young , Japanese bikes were commonly refered to as Jap <deleted> for similar reasons. Teething troubles and hard to get spares.

Then came the Honda 750 x 4

An argument decider.....along with the C90 at the other end of the market.

3 hours ago, Denim said:

The Chinese are improving.

When I was young , Japanese bikes were commonly refered to as Jap <deleted> for similar reasons. Teething troubles and hard to get spares.

Then came the Honda 750 x 4

An argument decider.....along with the C90 at the other end of the market.

Sorry but this comparison of Japanese manufacturing and Chinese, which is repeated here many times, is not a good example. Japanese are very ambitious, diciplined and precise bunch, they just about excelled in all industries, they want to produce and be the best in everything, compare that philosophy with Chinese...!? 

Chinese are totally different, for them it's all about the money, getting away with what they can, copying, zero quality control, basically mass market and consumerism on the cheap. And sorry but they have been at it for so many years, we are still waiting for their high quality bike they design and manufacture from scratch... ! How many more years...? 

Of course once they are supervised and managed they produce diffetent quality stuff, bit I don't call iPhone Chinese just because the factory is there...! 

Archived