BANGKOK
champers

Jomtien Imm Office dress code.

I know this has been discussed on here before, but I did my 90 day report today and could not help noticing an inordinate amount of posters/signs in the office asking vistors to "Please dress appropriately", accompanied by photos showing what is inappropiate. The jist of things was no short shorts or skirts. I haven't noticed these signs before; I was in about 4 weeks ago to do my proof of funds.

Anyone had any negative feedback?

I'm surprised we don't have to dress like the PM in those horrendous Dr. No outfits

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

Armani suit, Stefano Ricci tie, Salvatore Ferrgamo shoes

That's about the minimum requirement for Jomtien :cheesy:

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, mlkik said:

In Udon when visiting the Immigration office I wear a lime green mankini and leather sandals and white socks.

In Khon Kaen I would never go with less than my original Beach rd. Lacoste shirt.

4 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

In Khon Kaen I would never go with less than my original Beach rd. Lacoste shirt.

Khon Kaen Immigration are much more formal in their dress code so I do understand why you would make an extra effort with your appearance 555.

I was there Tuesday, dressed as usual when not at home :  shirt and trousers in cotton. 

Only at the beach and swimming pool, I am dressed up differently. 

It suits (😊) me. 

• Like 2

Follow our beloved leaders, as long as you've got a couple of 400,000 Baht watches you're well-dressed.

Until they start throwing out people who pitch up in beach shorts and vests nobody will take it seriously.  As usual in Thailand,  they have a rule but then don't enforce it, so it is ignored.