UK PM Johnson agrees 'great' new Brexit deal with EU

webfact

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MOVING ON!

Scotland’s highest court is to hear a fresh challenge from anti-Brexit campaigners as they seek to have Boris Johnson’s agreed deal with the EU declared unlawful, arguing that it contravenes legislation – originally amended by the arch-Brexiter Jacob Rees-Mogg – that prevents Northern Ireland forming part of a separate customs territory.

2 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

MOVING ON!

Scotland’s highest court is to hear a fresh challenge from anti-Brexit campaigners as they seek to have Boris Johnson’s agreed deal with the EU declared unlawful, arguing that it contravenes legislation – originally amended by the arch-Brexiter Jacob Rees-Mogg – that prevents Northern Ireland forming part of a separate customs territory.

Rearrange these words into a popular phrase or saying......

Straws at clutching.

3 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

MOVING ON!

Will they call Scotland Yard if they find that some laws have been broken ?

9 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

MOVING ON!

Sky said this had been binned 2hrs ago.

9 hours ago, Forethat said:

I get the impression it's this deal or nothing. There won't be an extension. I guess that's Juncker's way of telling UK that "we're desperate to get the £33B and would suffer irreparable economic damage if you leave with a no deal".

As you could have heard from Juncker's mouth: it is NOT him to decide about that, but the members of the EU Committee = heads of government of the EU member states. 

That UK NET contribution.. is just a partial amount compared with the import duty revenues over imported UK goods into the EU. 

6 hours ago, Forethat said:

If you read my post again you'll find that I expect the economic damage to be severe. A No Deal Brexit will have serious ramifications for both the UK and the EU, and you won't be able to solve that by allowing the EU to tax individual member states. 

The £33B is, as you point out, peanuts...wait until the French wine producers realise that they've been outbid by American, Chilean, Australian and New Zealand wineries...and the producers of vegetables...and fruit...and cars...on both sides.

WHY French wine producers will see a differenct competition after a Brexit than before ? There is just a small import duty on wines into the EU ( see 2204 21 81 10 : € 0,13 / ltr, but especially alcohol excise. That will stay the same for all wine origins.

And for your fresh fruits and vegetables: good luck with origins so far away. 

However, the pain will NOT be in the import duty into the UK, but.. the import duty of UK goods into the EU.

23 minutes ago, puipuitom said:

As you could have heard from Juncker's mouth: it is NOT him to decide about that, but the members of the EU Committee = heads of government of the EU member states. 

That UK NET contribution.. is just a partial amount compared with the import duty revenues over imported UK goods into the EU. 

2 more E.U. leaders who doubt about  extension besides Juncker ….. seems a growing tendency amongst E.U. leaders ....

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/live/2019/oct/18/boris-johnson-launches-frantic-sales-pitch-of-brexit-deal-ahead-of-commons-vote-politics-live

22m ago 15:09
Macron says he does not think EU will grant further Brexit extension
Emmanuel Macron, the French president, has said he does not want to grant another Brexit extension. Speaking at a press conference at the end of the EU summit, he said: 
So that we can turn to the future I believe that we shall stick to the deadline of October 31.
That being said, I’m not trying to read the future but I do not think we shall grant any further delay. 
Like I said, there shall be no delay unless there are some major changes.

11m ago 15:19
Varakdar says MPs should not assume EU27 would inevitably agree to Brexit extension
And Leo Varadkar, the Irish taoiseach (prime minister), has also said that MPs at Westminster should not assume that the EU27 would inevitably agree to a Brexit extension. Speaking at his post-summit press conference, he said.

21 minutes ago, david555 said:

2 more E.U. leaders who doubt about  extension besides Juncker ….. seems a growing tendency amongst E.U. leaders ....

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/live/2019/oct/18/boris-johnson-launches-frantic-sales-pitch-of-brexit-deal-ahead-of-commons-vote-politics-live

22m ago 15:09
Macron says he does not think EU will grant further Brexit extension
Emmanuel Macron, the French president, has said he does not want to grant another Brexit extension. Speaking at a press conference at the end of the EU summit, he said: 
So that we can turn to the future I believe that we shall stick to the deadline of October 31.
That being said, I’m not trying to read the future but I do not think we shall grant any further delay. 
Like I said, there shall be no delay unless there are some major changes.

11m ago 15:19
Varakdar says MPs should not assume EU27 would inevitably agree to Brexit extension
And Leo Varadkar, the Irish taoiseach (prime minister), has also said that MPs at Westminster should not assume that the EU27 would inevitably agree to a Brexit extension. Speaking at his post-summit press conference, he said.

So, it leaves to two options, when the Boris deal does NOT pass the HoC: a no deal ( and rejected several times in the HoC) or a revoke of art 50 = End of the brexit.

5 minutes ago, puipuitom said:

So, it leaves to two options, when the Boris deal does NOT pass the HoC: a no deal ( and rejected several times in the HoC) or a revoke of art 50 = End of the brexit.

Would you put any money on against Boris and his team finding a way around the Benn act and taking us out on 31st Oct, deal or no deal? I wouldn't. 

They're keeping very quiet about how they might achieve this; I suspect so that the remainers won't get enough time to invent another new law. 

14 minutes ago, puipuitom said:

This is a new deal, which hasnt yet been rejected once by the HoC .

EU has stated that there will be no more extensions , so, accept this deal or we shall be leaving without a deal

1 minute ago, sanemax said:

EU has stated that there will be no more extensions , so, accept this deal or we shall be leaving without a deal

I missed that. Where did the eu state this?

Juncker did but the eu as a body, can you provide a link to this statement?

I can only find links such as this

https://amp.theguardian.com/politics/live/2019/oct/17/eu-leaders-gather-for-summit-as-boris-johnson-scrambles-to-get-backing-for-brexit-deal-politics-live

On 10/17/2019 at 12:02 PM, stephenterry said:

To be expected.  About time people recognise that a compromise is necessary to bring this situation to a finality. johnson has delivered on the referendum vote. So be it, and move on.

Maybe I'm wrong but I will be amazed if it gets voted through Parliament.

Expect a 3 month extension.

26 minutes ago, sanemax said:

There is no way that the EU will let us leave without a deal.

2 hours ago, puipuitom said:

Actually, I haven't heard anything like that from his mouth. What he DID say was that "there will be no extension". And as you point out, he did this without references to any other heads of state. He simply decided to make the decision for them.

There you have it - the little grey dictatorship in a nutshell - the very reason Brexit must happen. 

Actually, I haven't heard anything like that from his mouth. What he DID say was that "there will be no extension". And as you point out, he did this without references to any other heads of state. He simply decided to make the decision for them.

There you have it - the little grey dictatorship in a nutshell - the very reason Brexit must happen. 
You mean no-deal Brexit.

Sent from my SM-N935F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Would you put any money on against Boris and his team finding a way around the Benn act and taking us out on 31st Oct, deal or no deal? I wouldn't. 
They're keeping very quiet about how they might achieve this; I suspect so that the remainers won't get enough time to invent another new law. 
Yes. Get good odds.

Sent from my SM-N935F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Archived