• Created
  • Last Reply

re agreeing great new deal

just heard a cut on the radio with Corbyn asking MPs to vote against this deal,

which is bad for UK
which is bad for UK workers
which is bad for worker's rights

and also probably bad for a whole lot of other things .. . ..'

Corbyn only spouts whatever appeases his paymaster unions.
Corbyn is a proxy leader, Starmer & McDonnell are running things.
Corbyn has rejected a GE as he knows he’ll lose
Corbyn is on borrowed time & knows it.

Johnson is far more intelligent, yet has many enemies cross party.
Johnson speaks from the hip, explains bluff & bluster.
Johnson has genuine good intentions fighting against a 2/3rds remain parliament refusing to deliver Brexit.

The deal is bad, however both sides have compromised considering the EU said they refuse to reopen the WA & they did.

The DUP have temporary shot themselves in the foot, MV & HMG will up its tempo on further legislations this week.

Lastly, remainers are furious due to the PM sending two letters, once signed & one not, my prediction is...

Another extension quite possible as they fear no deal the most.
Boris will win a GE with a higher majority & blame Parliament for refusing to deliver what the majority voted for, the build up to 31st Oct will be bizarre and frustrating for some.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

48 minutes ago, citybiker said:

Corbyn has rejected a GE as he knows he’ll lose
Corbyn is on borrowed time & knows it.

Johnson is far more intelligent, yet has many enemies cross party.
Johnson speaks from the hip, explains bluff & bluster.
Johnson has genuine good intentions fighting against a 2/3rds remain parliament refusing to deliver Brexit.

The deal is bad, however both sides have compromised considering the EU said they refuse to reopen the WA & they did.

The DUP have temporary shot themselves in the foot, MV & HMG will up its tempo on further legislations this week.

Lastly, remainers are furious due to the PM sending two letters, once signed & one not, my prediction is...

Boris will win a GE with a higher majority & blame Parliament for refusing to deliver what the majority voted for, the build up to 31st Oct will be bizarre and frustrating for some.

“Lastly, remainers are furious due to the PM sending two letters, once signed & one not, my prediction is...”

Who’s furious, I’m not.

Johnson displaying his feeble childish games is not something that annoys me in the least, it’s the nature of the beast.

“Lastly, remainers are furious due to the PM sending two letters, once signed & one not, my prediction is...”

Who’s furious, I’m not.

Johnson displaying his feeble childish games is not something that annoys me in the least, it’s the nature of the beast.
Edit, remain politicians are furious.

Nature of the best, fair & balanced summary I concur.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

57 minutes ago, citybiker said:

Personally I think an extension is almost certain, and I don't really care - it is just an artificial deadline. I'm much more exercised about the delay to an election. Notwithstanding the extension, I suspect that parliament will continue to prevent an election. In fact I expect they will. Labour know they are, with their present leadership, unelectable, and sorting that out will take a couple of years. The Tory rebels know that their only (faint) hope of surviving is to somehow force Johnson et Al from the leadership of their party and that will take a couple of years; and the Squeaker, well, having positioned himself as the constitutional reformer who enabled the Parliamentary antics to frustrate Brexit, he will hardly wish to see the electorate stick two fingers up to his legacy so soon! We're in for a two year wait!

We can expect more effective paralysis of government, along no doubt with various excited ideas for impeaching, jailing and otherwise disposing of the Prime Minister. Having broken the system, the very last thing they will want is to fix it - the first step towards which would be having an election. After all, fixing the system will break them!

1 hour ago, citybiker said:

None of the above. Jon Lansman controls Corbyn. Labour's answer to Cummings. Founder and leader of Momentum and Corbyn's campaign manager when he ran for leadership of the Labour party.

None of the above. Jon Lansman controls Corbyn. Labour's answer to Cummings. Founder and leader of Momentum and Corbyn's campaign manager when he ran for leadership of the Labour party.

I’m fully aware of Lansman, momentum thinks it runs Labour however it’s Unions like Red Len, Mark Serwotka & Frances Brady who combined are far more influential than Jon IMO.

Labour’s rebel & dangerous answer is McDonnell.

Cummings is despised by 90% of the political establishment, which explains the consistent demands from cross parties for him to be sacked.

HoC isn’t doing itself any favours with the current political situation. They’ve all ignored & forgotten the respect the vote & further evidence that British politics is broken.

2 minutes ago, citybiker said:

I’m fully aware of Lansman, momentum thinks it runs Labour however it’s Unions like Red Len, Mark Serwotka & Frances Brady who combined are far more influential than Jon IMO.

The power in the labour party is held by the NEC. Used to be controlled by the major unions. Now controlled by Momentum. Len McClusky still has some influence. Do you mean Frances O'Grady? If so, the power and influence of the TUC has degraded to virtually zero over the last 20 years.

Dave Prentis and UNISON (the largest union in the UK) don't support Corbyn and have voted against him on a number of occasions, most recently at the party conference.

1 hour ago, JAG said:

Personally I think an extension is almost certain, and I don't really care - it is just an artificial deadline. I'm much more exercised about the delay to an election. Notwithstanding the extension, I suspect that parliament will continue to prevent an election. In fact I expect they will. Labour know they are, with their present leadership, unelectable, and sorting that out will take a couple of years. The Tory rebels know that their only (faint) hope of surviving is to somehow force Johnson et Al from the leadership of their party and that will take a couple of years; and the Squeaker, well, having positioned himself as the constitutional reformer who enabled the Parliamentary antics to frustrate Brexit, he will hardly wish to see the electorate stick two fingers up to his legacy so soon! We're in for a two year wait!

We can expect more effective paralysis of government, along no doubt with various excited ideas for impeaching, jailing and otherwise disposing of the Prime Minister. Having broken the system, the very last thing they will want is to fix it - the first step towards which would be having an election. After all, fixing the system will break them!

Quit your gaslighting.

There is no delay to an election.

59 minutes ago, citybiker said:

Labour’s rebel & dangerous answer is McDonnell.

Cummings is despised by 90% of the political establishment, which explains the consistent demands from cross parties for him to be sacked.

HoC isn’t doing itself any favours with the current political situation. They’ve all ignored & forgotten the respect the vote & further evidence that British politics is broken.

Millions disagree with you.

7 hours ago, JAG said:

Doesn't this all boil down to politicians kicking the can down the road and being desperate not to confront the public with hard truths, lest they lose votes to the other side promising jam and roses tomorrow?

1 hour ago, baboon said:

Doesn't this all boil down to politicians kicking the can down the road and being desperate not to confront the public with hard truths, lest they lose votes to the other side promising jam and roses tomorrow?

or boils down to the way voters waste votes  by voting for nitwits

COURT OF APPEAL REFUSES TO ALLOW THE DEFEND BREXIT CASE TO HAVE A HEARING

Above are the images of the Order that I have just received, which disappointingly confirms that our case is not going to be allowed to have even a single hearing. (Apologies for the way it has reproduced on this blog!)   The tone of the reasons for the Order is more reasonable than the previous two Orders that we have had in this case. I do however find it interesting that this Judge has come out with yet another set of inconsistent reasoning as to why our case would not succeed.  In my view, as we have now had three different Judges, all of whom have given a different basis on which they are refusing the case.  Speaker Bercow had a yet further different view.  Between them they have vividly shown why this is a case that should have actually been properly heard.  Proper legal argument should have been listened to, so that the Court could have come to a proper reasoned decision.  That would have been the way that a Judicial Review decision would have been dealt with until very recently. 
Tilbrook latest 
Miller/Benn/Letwin get wall to wall coverage. This parallel case laughably gets 'White Supremacist'; having already been blackballed by (re)mainstream media.
UK politics of late is an absolute disgrace.
Providing links to neo-fascist organisations to support one's arguments is a bigger disgrace.

Sent from my SM-N935F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Letwin amendment passed, thanks to DUP. 

Time to begin digging that ditch. 
Well maybe. Letwin and other rebels votes will switch to voting for the Boris agreement this week. Since the amendment was lost by 16? votes, the substantive motion has a chance of being passed and the legislation completed though after Oct 31.

34 minutes ago, SheungWan said:

Let us be very clear about this. The Hard Brexiteers off the radar do not want the Boris deal to be passed other than having no-deal quietly attached in the small print ready to be activated.

I hope you don't mind if I get a second opinion?

37 minutes ago, SheungWan said:

Let us be very clear about this. The Hard Brexiteers off the radar do not want the Boris deal to be passed other than having no-deal quietly attached in the small print ready to be activated.

Quietly..?

This bloke is so disruptive outside Parliament that everyone has to wear boom-mics in order to be heard.

image.jpeg.79e38765980073499ae9d980c8cf5122.jpeg

50 minutes ago, SheungWan said:

Well maybe. Letwin and other rebels votes will switch to voting for the Boris agreement this week. Since the amendment was lost by 16? votes, the substantive motion has a chance of being passed and the legislation completed though after Oct 31.

Your point being?

9 minutes ago, SheungWan said:

The Boris agrrement could pass. Letwin clearly said to BJ in the HoC that no further amendments planned for this week plus he would vote for the Boris-EU agreement.

Not sure what that has to do with my point, but good for you in raising it. 

Archived