UK PM Johnson agrees 'great' new Brexit deal with EU

webfact

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, sanemax said:

I have tuned into LBC and I will listen to the 2 PM news for verification 

I'll save you the bother....

He added: “Look I would much rather we had an extension and a chance of a general election than accept this dreadful new EU treaty.

“Absolutely.

“I think in a general election manifesto he can even talk about going for a genuine free trade agreement.

“I think getting rid of Mr Barnier treaty is the really important thing.”

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1191885/brexit-news-nigel-farage-boris-johnson-brexit-deal-eu-summit-leave-general-election

17 minutes ago, Forethat said:

I don't think the deal will pass (I haven't seen the deal so I can't speak on whether I want it to pass or not). But I still suspect the reason BJ has that smug smile on his face is that he knows the request for an extension will be declined by at least one country...

Hungary?

This won't be the end of it.

I prefer nothing less than full umbilical severance to ensure we're well shot of that autocratic & parasitic organisation for good.

29 minutes ago, Totoandlilly said:

That's all you care about, so sad.

Fyi , some TVForum members.  actually live in Thailand,  not many...

We care about the value of our hard earned pensions .   So sad sure,  gbp down the pan..

10 minutes ago, elliss said:

Fyi , some TVForum members.  actually live in Thailand,  not many...

We care about the value of our hard earned pensions .   So sad sure,  gbp down the pan..

Exactly well said - there are no millionaires on here manipulating markets and currencies. So why shouldn't every member here care about the exchange rate to think otherwise is just plain stupid oh I forget Brexit - the magic cure for all ills which is now no longer everything but a nearly 600 page surrender bill from the master liar and turncoat of the century.  

1 minute ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

BREAKING NEWS Nigel Farage is currently being pulled from a sea of his own raging spittle, I’m told.

Apparently, he has been seen trying to buy “Fick Boris” wristbands......

If this deal gets through parliament the. Recital Party won’t have much to campaign on at the next election.

13 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

Exactly well said - there are no millionaires on here manipulating markets and currencies. So why shouldn't every member here care about the exchange rate to think otherwise is just plain stupid oh I forget Brexit - the magic cure for all ills which is now no longer everything but a nearly 600 page surrender bill from the master liar and turncoat of the century.  

You must be bleeding internally.

Sinn Fein has welcomed Boris Johnson’s Brexit deal. In a statement its president, Mary Lou McDonald, said:

I welcome the fact that an agreement has been reached between the European Union and the British government.

There is no such thing as a good Brexit. Brexit is being foisted on the north of Ireland against the democratic wishes of the people.

As a party, Sinn Féin has worked to defend Irish interests from the worst impacts of Brexit.

It was Sinn Féin who first made the case for a ‘designated special status for the north within the EU’ and it was Sinn Féin who insisted on the protection of the Good Friday agreement and no hard border on the island of Ireland as bottom lines.

We have also insisted that no veto can be given to unionism.

No wonder the DUP are saying no ! Eerily I'm getting British Army recruitment ads on my feeds....

So it appears PM BoJo has obtained a tolerable agreement.

A 60 page proposal compared to the blackmail red tape 550 page Brussels WA (Mays only contribution was the DUP sell out termed the backstop).

Highly unlikely but not impossible HoC will vote for it considering the backlash from All opposition parties. Saturdays sitting will be very interesting.

Lastly, and more vitally importantly the EU President Junker has RULED out any extension, thus making the Benn Act null & void.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

I forget your colours Jip weren't you an ardent no-dealer ?

Not at all. 

I have have always wanted a deal. However, if the EU were not prepared to play ball then I would have taken No Deal.

3 minutes ago, citybiker said:

A 60 page proposal compared to the blackmail red tape 550 page Brussels WA (Mays only contribution was the DUP sell out termed the backstop).

Highly unlikely but not impossible HoC will vote for it considering the backlash from All opposition parties. Saturdays sitting will be very interesting.

Lastly, and more vitally importantly the EU President Junker has RULED out any extension, thus making the Benn Act null & void.

Err Varadkar has just said they would consider an extension depending what was offered to them. No one cares or listens to that drunkard anymore. 

16 minutes ago, Jip99 said:

Apparently, he has been seen trying to buy “Fick Boris” wristbands......

If this deal gets through parliament the. Recital Party won’t have much to campaign on at the next election.

Jip,   you were  a ardent brexiteer ,   what  has happened , are you ok.?

Do you want me to call an  Ambulance ?,   reverse charges ... 555

28 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

At 40 the exchange rate is about the same as all the other western currencies against the Baht.

Canada, USA, Euro, AUS, NZ, GBP ..... all lost around 20% in the last 3 years.

Err Varadkar has just said they would consider an extension depending what was offered to them. No one cares or listens to that drunkard anymore. 

Leo is still a small fish in a big pond, he also doesn’t have the final say as a majority of the EU27.

Saturday in the HoC is the final showdown....

2 hours ago, stephenterry said:

The difference between johnson and May is that he can sell it, May couldn't.

That was purely timing, nothing to do with either character. Mays deal was voted down as there were enough clowns around thinking they could get better and held a decent hand. Johnson’s deal (Mays deal) MAY get nodded through as the aforementioned clowns now realise they have been outsmarted every step of the way by the EU and they’re feeding on scraps! 

6 minutes ago, elliss said:

Jip,   you were  a ardent brexiteer ,   what  has happened , are you ok.?

Do you want me to call an  Ambulance ?, reverse charges ...

Like Groucho Marx said ....

Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.

14 minutes ago, citybiker said:

60 modified pages, 490 unmodified ?  

2 minutes ago, Bruntoid said:

That was purely timing, nothing to do with either character. Mays deal was voted down as there were enough clowns around thinking they could get better and held a decent hand. Johnson’s deal (Mays deal) MAY get nodded through as the aforementioned clowns now realise they have been outsmarted every step of the way by the EU and they’re feeding on scraps! 

To be fair we're living in clown world, and everyone is electing clown rulers, although May was a serious contender for clown PM, BoJo is the undisputed clown king (in the UK).

A thrice rejected WA purely timing? Would that be a 3 year time wasted exercise as all she attempted was a faux Brexit aka BRINO.

Parliament now faces this alternative deal or no deal as Junker has ruled out any further extension, thus making remainers heads explode, primarily as they were relying on the Benn act as their ace card.

2 minutes ago, citybiker said:

A thrice rejected WA purely timing? Would that be a 3 year time wasted exercise as all she attempted was a faux Brexit aka BRINO.

Parliament now faces this alternative deal or no deal as Junker has ruled out any further extension, thus making remainers heads explode, primarily as they were relying on the Benn act as their ace card.

No Deal vs Revoke as the shotgun last minute choice if the May/Johnson Surrender Deal (90% her deal) doesn't get through....don't forget it is a Remainer parliament with a remainer speaker....

Archived