UK PM Johnson agrees 'great' new Brexit deal with EU

webfact

2 hours ago, oldhippy said:

Of course not.

The British should have pulled out of the occupied territories long time ago.

But I had the impression that for most brexiteers this was not acceptable. Even May (and she was a remainer) wanted to preserve the "integrity" of the UK.

There are many forms of remainers as different forms of brexiteers. Im not your typical Farage supporter, or a Tory or Labour or any other political party.  

I'm that very rare breed, an English Patriot. To achieve my nations independence which is England the Union and Greater Britain must be dismantled but we must first leave the EU to achieve that, hence why I support Brexit. 

2 hours ago, tebee said:

and if we let NI go, why not Scotland ?

Why not indeed, im all for Scotland leaving the Union too. 

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, stephenterry said:

At long last. And tell the DUP to go and stuff themselves, if they freaking don't like it. IMO, enough Labour MPs and LD will support the deal for johnson to gain a majority. He's got Friday to gain their support possibly by stating it's just a first step to prosperity where everyone would benefit in the long run. A Unicorn world.

As for a 2nd referendum, forget it as the 'the people' have already demonstrated they know zilch about the cost of tea in China.  

or anything else either.  :cheesy:

3 hours ago, englishoak said:

There are many forms of remainers as different forms of brexiteers. Im not your typical Farage supporter, or a Tory or Labour or any other political party.  

I'm that very rare breed, an English Patriot. To achieve my nations independence which is England the Union and Greater Britain must be dismantled but we must first leave the EU to achieve that, hence why I support Brexit. 

Why not indeed, im all for Scotland leaving the Union too. 

I'm leaning that way too, much to my own surprise.

This surfaced two days ago FYI:

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/270408

6 hours ago, oldhippy said:

Of course not.

The British should have pulled out of the occupied territories long time ago.

Try telling that to the citizens of Zimbabwe 40 years on from chimurenga,wonderfull thing freedom,pity you can't spread it on a bit of bread and eat it.

6 hours ago, oldhippy said:

This deal sucks, and there is very little chance of Parliament voting for it. They're still hoping for a revocation of A50 so this will be voted down.

So the real question is, what next? Parliament rejects it and then what? The EU say they won't extend again but I don't believe them. Will they insist on another referendum for extending? If so the question must be this deal vs. No Deal since Remain has already been eliminated. Will Boris even ask for an extension? Will an EU country veto the request? Will Labour grow a pair and agree to a General Election? Is there a loophole in the Surrender Act?

Could be an interesting couple of weeks. Hopefully we'll leave with No Deal on Halloween. November 1st can be UK Independence Day ????????

1 minute ago, JonnyF said:

This deal sucks, and there is very little chance of Parliament voting for it. They're still hoping for a revocation of A50 so this will be voted down.

So the real question is, what next? Parliament rejects it and then what? The EU say they won't extend again but I don't believe them. Will they insist on another referendum for extending? If so the question must be this deal vs. No Deal since Remain has already been eliminated. Will Boris even ask for an extension? Will an EU country veto the request? Will Labour grow a pair and agree to a General Election? Is there a loophole in the Surrender Act?

Could be an interesting couple of weeks. Hopefully we'll leave with No Deal on Halloween. November 1st can be UK Independence Day ????????

What’s this nonsense about Remain having already been eliminated?

18 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

What’s this nonsense about Remain having already been eliminated?

Brexiteers are scared stiff of any chance of a second referendum that would overturn the first, their logic is flawed ans corrupt.

15 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I think it's a good idea to wait until the legal text is analyzed, understood and signed by everybody. And that may take some time...

And if all that is done and if the UK parliament agreed then it's wonderful that the first part of the Brexit process is done. Then the second part, new agreements with the EU and with all those other countries around the world, can begin.

Enjoy the next couple of years and all those wonderful deals with everybody around the world. ???? 

That's what should have happened before we joined the EEC.

15 hours ago, AlexRich said:

Thankfully, quite a few of them have had a stroke ... so the confirmatory referendum attached to Boris's deal will be fun.

Just in...new issue of the Morbid Report from our not so special but thankful correspondent....careful what you wish for.

24 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

So the real question is, what next? Parliament rejects it and then what? The EU say they won't extend again but I don't believe them. Will they insist on another referendum for extending?

The opposition have finally woken up and are starting to play the Machiavellian Boris Cummings at his own game. The obvious move would be to attach a motion to the deal making it's acceptance persuant to a confirmatory vote, Johnson's deal vs. remain (you're just being silly saying deal vs. no deal). However, Corbyn stated yesterday that he won't be doing this tomorrow and will just be voting the deal as it stands, down. He also stated that he would be playing his aces next week.

So what are his aces? A vote of no confidence in the government and forming a temporary government himself? Calling an election? A straight vote on a confirmaty vote? Thankfully Corbyn has wised up and no one knows.

15 hours ago, stephenterry said:

We'll see, won't we. You can bet your bottom dollar that the rise in the pound was not solely to do with expectation or speculation, but insider knowledge had a hand in it. 

You think?

1 minute ago, DannyCarlton said:

That's what did happen before we joined the EEC and, as a result, we became known as the poor man of Europe. Leave with no deal and we will quickly earn that title again.

From the man who ,i quote said"Corbyn has wised up" he is about as wise as Abbott is ,and our cat is wiser than her 

20 minutes ago, Basil B said:

Brexiteers are scared stiff of any chance of a second referendum that would overturn the first, their logic is flawed ans corrupt.

That is without doubt the biggest baloney spouted by you lot since 2016 ????

Just now, nauseus said:

You think?

I used to work with UK money market dealers - as a compliance auditor. The 'grapevine contacts' was as active then as probably it is today - but today's market is one of getting  your oar in quickest using the latest technology, also.  

I would suggest that the HoC is a fountain of knowledge as to how situations are resolved and the likelihood of that happening well before the media gets their greasy paws on it. 

Bit like a poll, really. I would say, right now, that johnson has an outside chance of gaining approval of his deal - if he doesn't, expect an early GE, cos now the deal is in place, he ain't going to accept a second referendum.

Ignore the DUP and you get May's deal with "lipstick". Pay off the DUP and hey presto the brexit saga continues as the brexit transition, 14 months with further extensions available.

At some point after this undefined transition expires people will come to realise that they did not choose the best deal on the table.

9 minutes ago, Basil B said:

If you pull a cat by it's tail do not be surprised by it's response...

From point of view as a European , i think ,i am sure this is the best deal possible ...,unless we would gamble longer to get revoke or remain...but i would not push our luck for that   .
And it gives the island of Ireland the chance to keep all as it is for now , and possible becomes one in future if wished .
But to get this done & voted in H.O.C  is another case.... 

short summary of the deal

Deal.pdf

Archived