BANGKOK
webfact

UK PM Johnson agrees 'great' new Brexit deal with EU

13 hours ago, citybiker said:

Excuse me, the only victory was back in 2016 when the U.K. voted to leave.

The deal is not a victory, it’s not being fully supported so hardly a victory.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You get to leave the EU, which is what you voted for - that's if it's passed by parliament.

Today the day of arm twisting...

Tomorrow the the day of reckoning...

Well we will know just how desperate Johnson is by the amount of arm twisting, and he does not have the option that May had of postponing the Meaningful Vote.

35 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

That's what did happen before we joined the EEC and, as a result, we became known as the poor man of Europe. Leave with no deal and we will quickly earn that title again.

What are you on about?

17 hours ago, transam said:

Well the UK exchange rate just went up......🥳

It went down again when the DUP said they won't support it. Analysts crunching the numbers don't think his 'great new deal' will make it through parliament, neither does the EU, parting words to BJ in Brussels was apparently, "See you next week".

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, stephenterry said:

I used to work with UK money market dealers - as a compliance auditor. The 'grapevine contacts' was as active then as probably it is today - but today's market is one of getting  your oar in quickest using the latest technology, also.  

I would suggest that the HoC is a fountain of knowledge as to how situations are resolved and the likelihood of that happening well before the media gets their greasy paws on it. 

Bit like a poll, really. I would say, right now, that johnson has an outside chance of gaining approval of his deal - if he doesn't, expect an early GE, cos now the deal is in place, he ain't going to accept a second referendum.

Algorithms still hanging on the vine though. 

1 minute ago, soalbundy said:

It went down again when the DUP said they won't support it. Analysts crunching the numbers don't think his 'great new deal' will make it through parliament, neither does the EU, parting words to BJ in Brussels was apparently, "See you next week".

Apparently, "See you next week and don't forget to bring the letter with you."

• Like 1

15 hours ago, sanemax said:

The law can be changed 

Why was it so needed to have the law in the first place? The hypocrisy is world class. 

18 minutes ago, david555 said:

From point of view as a European , i think ,i am sure this is the best deal possible ...,unless we would gamble longer to get revoke or remain...but i would not push our luck for that   .
And it gives the island of Ireland the chance to keep all as it is for now , and possible becomes one in future if wished .
But to get this done & voted in H.O.C  is another case.... 

short summary of the deal

Deal.pdf 481.45 kB · 1 download

It's a short summary of the revision. The "deal" is remains the bulk of the withdrawal agreement (treaty) that May pushed 3x and failed with.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, nauseus said:

What are you on about?

I don't expect you to understand (primarily because you don't want to understand).

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

I don't expect you to understand (primarily because you don't want to understand).

I'll just take it that you are unsure of what you think that you had previously thought that you had understood, then.

28 minutes ago, nauseus said:

I'll just take it that you are unsure of what you think that you had previously thought that you had understood, then.

Up to you. It's really no concern of mine what you take or where you take it. 555

18 hours ago, transam said:

Well the UK exchange rate just went up......🥳

Yep "surged a whole 1%" to Bloomberg!

Oanda has it at just over 38.8 to the ThB. krungsri on-line 38.51. In Jan-May this year it was between 40-42.

Stellar

• Like 1

1 hour ago, soalbundy said:

Really? Maybe a few % points fluctuating on Live Rates but Oanda show it as a straight increase. 

What source are you using?