BANGKOK
webfact

UK PM Johnson agrees 'great' new Brexit deal with EU

Out of E.U. point of view all can go good :

1) deal accepted by H.O.C. ….OK 👍

2) voted down …. and Bojo must ask extension (shall be a very long one or not one) ….OK 👍 ( as contribution GBP coming  again )

4) referendum ….ok👍

3) And  if all go tits ….chance on revoking …. ok ok ok … 👍 👍 👍

:clap2: Maybe we E.U. start liking Boris already a bit more now .. :cheesy:

Edited by david555
  • Like 2

I suppose the remainers here will now go back to BJ's argument with his bird... 🤣

Edited by transam
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

15 minutes ago, Forethat said:

I get the impression it's this deal or nothing. There won't be an extension. I guess that's Juncker's way of telling UK that "we're desperate to get the £33B and would suffer irreparable economic damage if you leave with a no deal".

The deal negotiated obviously favours the EU but that was only to be expected.  Boris needed to concede certain points to get an agreement and he was prepared to welsh on the DUP to clinch it.  The money was always going to be paid and even with no-deal there would have been a sizable amount to be paid.  I am afraid Boris's "Let them whistle for the money" didn't hold much water when it came to it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

The deal negotiated obviously favours the EU but that was only to be expected.  Boris needed to concede certain points to get an agreement and he was prepared to welsh on the DUP to clinch it.  The money was always going to be paid and even with no-deal there would have been a sizable amount to be paid.  I am afraid Boris's "Let them whistle for the money" didn't hold much water when it came to it.

That's your OPINION and not a legally cemented fact. There's a huge difference there...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Forethat said:

That's your OPINION and not a legally cemented fact. There's a huge difference there...

Of course it is my opinion, otherwise why would I have written it.  Just like your post was your opinion.  Maybe we should have our posts vetted by lawyers first? Duh!

7 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

Of course it is my opinion, otherwise why would I have written it.  Just like your post was your opinion.  Maybe we should have our posts vetted by lawyers first? Duh!

So we have an accord then, the money WASN'T always going to be paid? It'll be interesting when the lawyers have crunched through the terms on this one, don't you think..?

13 minutes ago, Forethat said:

the money WASN'T always going to be paid?

In my opinion it was and in yours it wasn't.  You really want to be this picky over peoples opinions?  Surely we both have better things to do?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Forethat said:

I get the impression it's this deal or nothing. There won't be an extension. I guess that's Juncker's way of telling UK that "we're desperate to get the £33B and would suffer irreparable economic damage if you leave with a no deal".

The £33b point is trash. yes the EU will miss it, but not much. It's to be paid over 5 years so £6,5B per year . The EU 27s GDP is £16 Trillion per year.

So a rise in tax on that of 0.025% will replace the missing UK contributions 

• Like 2

8/11 = 42%.    

Find out on Super Saturday.  £ will move one way or another.

655537981_ScreenShot2019-10-18at15_30_03.png.8b020e8bcf092279864a5e5a21184dbd.png

367607243_ScreenShot2019-10-18at15_30_46.png.e4938b429bf0dcd8277479a033eb3801.png

348593698_ScreenShot2019-10-18at12_39_26.png.723c107374e0c99733fca78f38a073bf.png

20 minutes ago, yodsak said:

8/11 = 42%.    

Find out on Super Saturday.  £ will move one way or another.

655537981_ScreenShot2019-10-18at15_30_03.png.8b020e8bcf092279864a5e5a21184dbd.png

367607243_ScreenShot2019-10-18at15_30_46.png.e4938b429bf0dcd8277479a033eb3801.png

348593698_ScreenShot2019-10-18at12_39_26.png.723c107374e0c99733fca78f38a073bf.png

Still waiting to change a shed load of Euros into sterling, so I have everything crossed at the moment!

Johnston still has to get the DUP onboard if he wants life easy.

Will it be a matter of bribery or extortion?

Eeee Boris will be vexed  by  gum !

Can somebody explain me the phantastic differences between the "traitor" May "surrender to the EU" deal and glorious and perfect alternative Brris the Liar comes uo with ? Except throwing the DUP under the bus ..

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, puipuitom said:

Can somebody explain me the phantastic differences between the "traitor" May "surrender to the EU" deal and glorious and perfect alternative Brris the Liar comes uo with ? Except throwing the DUP under the bus ..

🤣....You will have to try harder than that...🤣

12 minutes ago, puipuitom said:

The difference is that Boris is now PM and May is not. Amazing how a turd can turn into gold so quickly.

Edited by samran
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1