BANGKOK
webfact

UK PM Johnson agrees 'great' new Brexit deal with EU

11 minutes ago, Orac said:

It is up on EU website but struggling to get into it - guess it is rather popular at the moment!

https://ec.europa.eu/commission/presscorner/detail/en/ip_19_6120

Read the blurb, and it seems perfectly suitable for both the UK and EU. Enough to pass parliament? Wait and see.

BTW, I respect Barniers agreement to this deal, because he's probably the only voice who knows what is critically resolved on both sides.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

No deal - killed

May Deal - killed

Johnson deal - about to be killed 

What have we left Revoke A50 and move on.

I truly hope not.

Edited by stephenterry

10 minutes ago, stuandjulie said:

Here you go 

Thanks. I don't suppose you could translate it into English for us mere mortals?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, stephenterry said:

I truly hope not.

Hard Brexiteers across the spectrum calling sell out. Listening to LBC a DUP councillor said NI talk-ins filled with working class DUP supporters calling any support for this a total surrender to their Britishness and using the words traitors - sounds familiar. 

The fat lady is still singing

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Thanks. I don't suppose you could translate it into English for us mere mortals?

Theresa's May's deal almost verbatim  with a NI solution where they are uniquely in the UK both in and out of the single market / customs union which DUP sees as a Red Red line. (Though Johnson might bung them another billion and keep upping it to see if they break oh and £39 billion divorce deal. Much talk of Johnson may try to get this through with a referendum if he can't get the numbers with ref being Remain / Johnson's deal. 

If you are a hard Brexiteer this is a total and utter sellout - you were warned about him. Brexit Party on poll of polls at 13%. DUP  now saying they would rather remain than accept this deal. 

https://britainelects.com/

Edited by beautifulthailand99
  • Thanks 1

I think it's a good idea to wait until the legal text is analyzed, understood and signed by everybody. And that may take some time...

And if all that is done and if the UK parliament agreed then it's wonderful that the first part of the Brexit process is done. Then the second part, new agreements with the EU and with all those other countries around the world, can begin.

Enjoy the next couple of years and all those wonderful deals with everybody around the world. 😉 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, stephenterry said:

To be expected.  About time people recognise that a compromise is necessary to bring this situation to a finality. johnson has delivered on the referendum vote. So be it, and move on.

As had May months and months ago and look who scuppered that. Johnson is about to be served that cold dinner again. 

• Like 1

Breaking Labour will vote this deal if there is a confirmatory referendum - this deal vs Remain on the ballot paper. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, stephenterry said:

The difference between johnson and May is that he can sell it, May couldn't.

Well he hasn't sold it quite yet !

1 minute ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

Well he hasn't sold it quite yet !

good grief. He's got all of tomorrow...

• Haha 1