UK PM Johnson agrees 'great' new Brexit deal with EU

webfact

3 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Nope, you are wrong .

Boris rejected Mays deal unless She made real change to the Irish backstop question .

Now Boris has made changes to the backstop .

Boris has a new different deal to Mays previous proposals 

Brexiteer doublespeak / doublethink 

Four legs good, two legs better! All Animals Are Equal. But Some Animals Are More Equal Than Others. ”

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, stevenl said:

Strange comment since this deal seems quite similar to May's deal. And May's deal was rejected by UK, not EU.

I think it is more related to 'leave now with this deal or without one', I don't think many really want a new extension.

Are you fully aware of what Mays deal was and are you fully aware of what Boriss deal is and are you in a position to state whether they are similar or different ?

Just now, beautifulthailand99 said:

Brexiteer doublespeak / doublethink 

Four legs good, two legs better! All Animals Are Equal. But Some Animals Are More Equal Than Others. ”

What an earth are you going on about ?

You arent making any sense

1 minute ago, sanemax said:

Are you fully aware of what Mays deal was and are you fully aware of what Boriss deal is and are you in a position to state whether they are similar or different ?

From the new WA 

Here you go May's deal in it's entirety with a tweak on the backstop. Farage in meltdown. 

All other elements of the Withdrawal Agreement remain unchanged in substance, as per the agreement reached on 14 November 2018. The Withdrawal Agreement brings legal certainty where the UK's withdrawal from the EU created uncertainty: citizens' rights, the financial settlement, a transition period at least until the end of 2020, governance, Protocols on Gibraltar and Cyprus, as well as a range of other separation issues.

2 minutes ago, sanemax said:

To quote your previous post 'can you not read English?'.

Just now, sanemax said:

The only one here not making sense is you.

Just now, sanemax said:

George Orwell 1984/Animal Farm - all the Brexiteer's so called principles lie binned so it turns out that Johnson and chums are no different to the rest of them. The difference is Tories sniff a win at an election so they will ditch any 'principles' they have purported to believe., 

Doublespeak is saying one thing and meaning another, usually its opposite. In 1984 when BIG BROTHER and the Party say PEACE they mean WAR, when they say LOVE they mean HATE, and when they say FREEDOM they mean SLAVERY.

7 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Nope, you are wrong .

Boris rejected Mays deal unless She made real change to the Irish backstop question .

Now Boris has made changes to the backstop .

Boris has a new different deal to Mays previous proposals 

Will NI be de facto in the EU customs zone? Yes. Will it effectively be there for ever? Yes.

4 minutes ago, Orac said:

Which unfortunately looks like it could be illegal under UK law ironically thanks to Jacob Rees-Mogg’s own amendment to the previous Taxation bill.

IMG_1257.JPG

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I think if the RT Hon member for the 19th century wishes to remain leader of the house, then he’ll get rid of that amendment tout suite.

6 minutes ago, Orac said:

Which unfortunately looks like it could be illegal under UK law ironically thanks to Jacob Rees-Mogg’s own amendment to the previous Taxation bill.

IMG_1257.JPG

What delicious irony how principled and noble is the saintly Mogg. 

I don't think the deal will pass (I haven't seen the deal so I can't speak on whether I want it to pass or not). But I still suspect the reason BJ has that smug smile on his face is that he knows the request for an extension will be declined by at least one country...

Hungary?

2 minutes ago, Forethat said:

I don't think the deal will pass (I haven't seen the deal so I can't speak on whether I want it to pass or not). But I still suspect the reason BJ has that smug smile on his face is that he knows the request for an extension will be declined by at least one country...

Hungary?

The deal will pass through the EU but parliament will vote it down on Saturday

12 minutes ago, Orac said:

I particularly like the way he wrote into it that it is the WTO definition that is to be used so as UK govt could not just say that it was in the UK Customs territory but actually use EU territory rules. In reality, if parliament agree the deal they would also approve the repeal of this bit I assume but it is a legal spanner they need to address or the deal could be deemed illegal.

Farage calls this Not Brexit and in the forthcoming trade negotiations with the EU we would have to give up fishing rights and agree to regulatory alignment. He says it should be voted down. Come on where are our hard boys with their no deal nonsense. Where are they on this historic day when you have nearly got that Brexit that you so wanted. 

8 minutes ago, Forethat said:

Hungary?

They wouldn't dare Merkel would hammer them and put them on the naughty step. 

Hungary?
Some Hard Brexiteers keeping mum but privately having kittens.

Sent from my SM-N935F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

2 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

Farage calls this Not Brexit and in the forthcoming trade negotiations with the EU we would have to give up fishing rights and agree to regulatory alignment. He says it should be voted down. Come on where are our hard boys with their no deal nonsense. Where are they on this historic day when you have nearly got that Brexit that you so wanted. 

Your link doesnt work, can you provide a link that works ?

I did a websearch, but, nothing came up 

50 minutes ago, stephenterry said:

Why is there so much negativity on this forum? A British trait, I suspect. Sitting on bar stools bemoaning about anything that is flavour of the month. If and when johnson succeeds, people will forget everything and move on to other topics in a few days.  

Hopefully, climate change.

I’m not sure where you get Boris succeeding from.

This has all the hallmarks of Boris Johnson’s very own surrender deal.

Archived