UK PM Johnson agrees 'great' new Brexit deal with EU

webfact

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, citybiker said:

IIRC the backstop inc legal text.

Which Brussels always stated was non-negotiable. Which we now know is utter tosh.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Good, glad you see it as a victory. Hope enough people fall for this so we can get on with it.

Good, glad you see it as a victory. Hope enough people fall for this so we can get on with it.

Excuse me, the only victory was back in 2016 when the U.K. voted to leave.

The deal is not a victory, it’s not being fully supported so hardly a victory.

19 minutes ago, elliss said:

Jip,   you were  a ardent brexiteer ,   what  has happened , are you ok.?

Do you want me to call an  Ambulance ?,   reverse charges ... 555

????????

Very kind offer Elliss, ... but it’s not 555, it’s 999 ????

I am a Brexiteer with a soft centre.

I voted to leave the EU. 

The exact details of departure were never my call, they were down to the UK and EU governments. 

Whilst Farage makes some valid points about a clean break Brexit, the fact remains that a hard Brexit will not be looked upon favourably by the b4stards who influence my GBP/THB exchange rate. 

4 minutes ago, citybiker said:

"great and new".... in fact, it is what was recommended initially by Michel Barnier (and rejected by Johnson in 2017 before he resigned), but staged as a "new approach", as he says himself, since, "every four years, the elected representatives of Northern Ireland will decide by majority to renew or not this arrangement". If they were to reject it, the European Union would have a two-year period to guard against the consequences and protect its single market.

16 minutes ago, Opl said:

"great and new".... in fact, it is what was recommended initially by Michel Barnier (and rejected by Johnson in 2017 before he resigned), but staged as a "new approach", as he says himself, since, "every four years, the elected representatives of Northern Ireland will decide by majority to renew or not this arrangement". If they were to reject it, the European Union would have a two-year period to guard against the consequences and protect its single market.

Can't we now just accept this deal as a compromise, move on and stop pouring buckets of s̶h̶i̶ slop over one another? And urge Parliament to do the same?

30 minutes ago, citybiker said:

Err you won a poisoned chalice that has poisoned British politics ever since. Well done. 

33 minutes ago, citybiker said:

IIRC the backstop inc legal text.

Which Brussels always stated was non-negotiable.

Which we now know is utter tosh.

You are wrong... again.

The backstop such as in the first agreement was no more negotiable… while keeping Theresa May's red lines.

As soon as PM Johnson opened the possibility to separate North Ireland from UK, the agreement became negotiable again as the red line had moved and a replacement scenario was now possible.

26 minutes ago, Jip99 said:

????????

Very kind offer Elliss, ... but it’s not 555, it’s 999 ????

I am a Brexiteer with a soft centre.

I voted to leave the EU. 

The exact details of departure were never my call, they were down to the UK and EU governments. 

Whilst Farage makes some valid points about a clean break Brexit, the fact remains that a hard Brexit will not be looked upon favourably by the b4stards who influence my GBP/THB exchange rate. 

hah all you care about is money....where is your vision of the Brexit Highlands that Saint Nigel has promised if only we can believe and act. 

6 minutes ago, baboon said:

Can't we now just accept this deal as a compromise, move on and stop pouring buckets of s̶h̶i̶ slop over one another? And urge Parliament to do the same?

Indeed, 50 B€ if you please , LOL 

Err you won a poisoned chalice that has poisoned British politics ever since. Well done. 
British politics has long been poisoned well before Brexit, in fact it's been broken for years, it's just HoC chose to ignore it for political gain.

It's just remainer people vote losers continue to whine they lost.*

*Please note, that's a not a personal dig just an observation that the losing side who say they 'respect the vote' but really many don't, aka Libdems, Labour & SNP.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, baboon said:

Agree 100%...... and I wish that could be the case.

SNP will just vote against everything, as will Lib Dems now they are the declared anti-Brexit party.

Labour are between a rock and a hard place - do they support this deal (which if T. May had brought it back previously, they no doubt would have done) or do they continue to oppose anything Johnson does.

They certainly cannot use the line of going back to the EU to negotiate a better deal......... and then oppose it.

4 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

hah all you care about is money....where is your vision of the Brexit Highlands that Saint Nigel has promised if only we can believe and act. 

Strange, I never had that vision.

Milk and honey is a land that only exists in fables. 

3 minutes ago, citybiker said:

British politics has long been poisoned well before Brexit, in fact it's been broken for years, it's just HoC chose to ignore it for political gain.

It's just remainer people vote losers continue to whine they lost.*

*Please note, that's a not a personal dig just an observation that the losing side who say they 'respect the vote' but really many don't, aka Libdems, Labour & SNP.

I am liking your civil and polite asterisk......plus I am 1000% on your Unionist stance - Scotland had a referendum and voted No and that's that. Stronger together and all that though a lot of your Brexiteer friends see it a a subsidy junkie on the English purse they would like to be rid of. 

2 minutes ago, Jip99 said:

Agree 100%...... and I wish that could be the case.

SNP will just vote against everything, as will Lib Dems now they are the declared anti-Brexit party.

Labour are between a rock and a hard place - do they support this deal (which if T. May had brought it back previously, they no doubt would have done) or do they continue to oppose anything Johnson does.

They certainly cannot use the line of going back to the EU to negotiate a better deal......... and then oppose it.

Maybe Parliament will think long and hard, if and when confronted by a sizeable lynch mob of both Leavers and Remainers. Let's hope so. This bullcrap can't go on. Screw the 'All or nothing' lunatics on both sides.

Only 1 Country has to refuse extension other 26 can not change that = ….veto it and it is done , so …..maybe Luxemburg ?? As that country PM. was already fed up with the Brexit uncertainty ….

2019-10-17_215744.png

I am liking your civil and polite asterisk......plus I am 1000% on your Unionist stance - Scotland had a referendum and voted No and that's that. Stronger together and all that though a lot of your Brexiteer friends see it a a subsidy junkie on the English purse they would like to be rid of. 
Obviously, i'm unable to speak on behalf of other leavers OR remainers however politics is 'nasty vile business'. To the point I believe the HoC has become a national embarrassment.

However, honouring & delivering on referendums is vital to democracy not just ignored by the chosen few aka minority.

2 minutes ago, citybiker said:

Obviously, i'm unable to speak on behalf of other leavers OR remainers however politics is 'nasty vile business'. To the point I believe the HoC has become a national embarrassment.

However, honouring & delivering on referendums is vital to democracy not just ignored by the chosen few aka minority.

Are you prepared to accept Johnson's deal?

Maybe you should ask the MP's.

Seeing as EP-president has ruled out an extension despite what Leo says.

Are remainers prepared to accept the UK is leaving the EU?

No, I am asking you.

2 hours ago, Forethat said:

I don't think the deal will pass (I haven't seen the deal so I can't speak on whether I want it to pass or not). But I still suspect the reason BJ has that smug smile on his face is that he knows the request for an extension will be declined by at least one country...

Hungary?

Are you not the same guy who told me that we'd be leaving on 31 March 2019 ... ? 

Wrong again. There is not one EU country that would throw away political capital to help engineer a no deal Brexit ... Orban knows that the EU would turn off the money tap. If an extension is needed, for an election or referendum, it will be granted. 

No, I am asking you.
The UK as a whole is NOT leaving the EU which has always placed integrity of the Union, all that Brussels have done is annexed NI.

You could say its #BorisBRINO

Lastly, as Junker has ruled out any further extension it's now either this Boris Deal or No deal, which is still a possibility.

Personally, I don't accept the deal for those reasons.

The UK as a whole is NOT leaving the EU which has always placed integrity of the Union, all that Brussels have done is annexed NI.

You could say its #BorisBRINO

Lastly, as Junker has ruled out any further extension it's now either this Boris Deal or No deal, which is still a possibility.

Personally, I don't accept the deal for those reasons.

I think the deal is the way to go, but fair enough. 

Archived