UK PM Johnson agrees 'great' new Brexit deal with EU

webfact

Out of E.U. point of view all can go good :

1) deal accepted by H.O.C. ….OK ????

2) voted down …. and Bojo must ask extension (shall be a very long one or not one) ….OK ???? ( as contribution GBP coming  again )

4) referendum ….ok????

3) And  if all go tits ….chance on revoking …. ok ok ok … ???? ???? ????

:clap2: Maybe we E.U. start liking Boris already a bit more now .. :cheesy:

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

No deal - killed

May Deal - killed

Johnson deal - about to be killed 

What have we left Revoke A50 and move on.

I get the impression it's this deal or nothing. There won't be an extension. I guess that's Juncker's way of telling UK that "we're desperate to get the £33B and would suffer irreparable economic damage if you leave with a no deal".

15 minutes ago, Forethat said:

I get the impression it's this deal or nothing. There won't be an extension. I guess that's Juncker's way of telling UK that "we're desperate to get the £33B and would suffer irreparable economic damage if you leave with a no deal".

The deal negotiated obviously favours the EU but that was only to be expected.  Boris needed to concede certain points to get an agreement and he was prepared to welsh on the DUP to clinch it.  The money was always going to be paid and even with no-deal there would have been a sizable amount to be paid.  I am afraid Boris's "Let them whistle for the money" didn't hold much water when it came to it.

12 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

The deal negotiated obviously favours the EU but that was only to be expected.  Boris needed to concede certain points to get an agreement and he was prepared to welsh on the DUP to clinch it.  The money was always going to be paid and even with no-deal there would have been a sizable amount to be paid.  I am afraid Boris's "Let them whistle for the money" didn't hold much water when it came to it.

That's your OPINION and not a legally cemented fact. There's a huge difference there...

3 minutes ago, Forethat said:

That's your OPINION and not a legally cemented fact. There's a huge difference there...

Of course it is my opinion, otherwise why would I have written it.  Just like your post was your opinion.  Maybe we should have our posts vetted by lawyers first? Duh!

7 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

Of course it is my opinion, otherwise why would I have written it.  Just like your post was your opinion.  Maybe we should have our posts vetted by lawyers first? Duh!

So we have an accord then, the money WASN'T always going to be paid? It'll be interesting when the lawyers have crunched through the terms on this one, don't you think..?

1 hour ago, Forethat said:

The £33b point is trash. yes the EU will miss it, but not much. It's to be paid over 5 years so £6,5B per year . The EU 27s GDP is £16 Trillion per year.

So a rise in tax on that of 0.025% will replace the missing UK contributions 

Can somebody explain me the phantastic differences between the "traitor" May "surrender to the EU" deal and glorious and perfect alternative Brris the Liar comes uo with ? Except throwing the DUP under the bus ..

2 minutes ago, puipuitom said:

Can somebody explain me the phantastic differences between the "traitor" May "surrender to the EU" deal and glorious and perfect alternative Brris the Liar comes uo with ? Except throwing the DUP under the bus ..

????....You will have to try harder than that...????

12 minutes ago, puipuitom said:

The difference is that Boris is now PM and May is not. Amazing how a turd can turn into gold so quickly.

1 minute ago, baboon said:

I think he is saying that May's deal was cack, but when presented by Johnson it is suddenly brilliant. 

Most probably that posters havent read both deals fully and dont know thew difference between Mays deal and Boris's deal and are just predictably making false  allegations of both deals being very similar

4 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Most probably that posters havent read both deals fully and dont know thew difference between Mays deal and Boris's deal and are just predictably making false  allegations of both deals being very similar

So the DUP are unhappy about...?

1 hour ago, tebee said:

The £33b point is trash. yes the EU will miss it, but not much. It's to be paid over 5 years so £6,5B per year . The EU 27s GDP is £16 Trillion per year.

So a rise in tax on that of 0.025% will replace the missing UK contributions 

If you read my post again you'll find that I expect the economic damage to be severe. A No Deal Brexit will have serious ramifications for both the UK and the EU, and you won't be able to solve that by allowing the EU to tax individual member states. 

The £33B is, as you point out, peanuts...wait until the French wine producers realise that they've been outbid by American, Chilean, Australian and New Zealand wineries...and the producers of vegetables...and fruit...and cars...on both sides.

41 minutes ago, puipuitom said:

As far as I can see, the difference is that the EU/May deal was likely to leave the UK entirely unable to leave (and stop paying.....) the EU. (As the EU would have to agree any changes to the 'backstop' before the UK was allowed to leave.)

The EU/Boris deal means that the UK (apart from N.I.) leaves the EU at the end of 2020.

8 minutes ago, Forethat said:

If you read my post again you'll find that I expect the economic damage to be severe. A No Deal Brexit will have serious ramifications for both the UK and the EU, and you won't be able to solve that by allowing the EU to tax individual member states. 

The £33B is, as you point out, peanuts...wait until the French wine producers realise that they've been outbid by American, Chilean, Australian and New Zealand wineries...and the producers of vegetables...and fruit...and cars...on both sides.

Even if we leave the EU it will still be cheaper to buy from producers there, because of the cost of shipping half way round the world. The people who buy £28 a bottle St Emilion grand cru are not going to switch to a nice Chilean red because it's cheaper - it's the high value wine. where the real profit is.  

Simmerly how many BMW and Merc drivers are going to switch to Cadillacs? 

41 minutes ago, tebee said:

Even if we leave the EU it will still be cheaper to buy from producers there, because of the cost of shipping half way round the world. The people who buy £28 a bottle St Emilion grand cru are not going to switch to a nice Chilean red because it's cheaper - it's the high value wine. where the real profit is.  

Simmerly how many BMW and Merc drivers are going to switch to Cadillacs? 

The little Englanders also fail to understand HM treasury’s approach to tariffs. Being the good orthodox economists they are, they abhor tariffs. 

Come brexit, without a trade deal, EU external tariffs will automatically go up against UK products. The immediate result will be a hit to national income as people on the continent will buy less UK products as they are now more expensive. 

So with brexit already taking a chunk of your income away, the last thing you want to do is make the goods and services you need to buy more expensive by slapping tariffs on top of them. 

Archived