• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have heard this before and I dont agree at all.   If the services were illegal they would not be allowed to operate and certainly not allowed to advertise the service.   The stam

This was covered off in another thread a short while ago and I remember posting a few paragraphs from an edict which was issued by immigration and it stated that, "the senior officer in the immigratio

That is entirely different scenario and deals with "fraudulent" stamps NOT issued by the correct authority.

Posted Images

6 hours ago, moontang said:

The rules were designed to make it much more difficult for a quick deposit, and a withdrawal right after the stamp... but it just created the need for more "services." 

Well that continues exactly as before! If anything, things got easier and facilitation got cheaper! And the old requirement of 3 months pre-seasoning should have taken care of that just as well! It could only have stopped a group of guys moving the same 800k around between them every 3 months. Forcing them to go to an agent! (Or get a 3 month loan!)

Had they wanted to stop this corner cutting, there were certainly more direct methods, now it just got more prevalent and blatant.... they would like that!

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 2
5 hours ago, ThomasThBKK said:

Why would the thai gov give a hoot about agents and rogue IOs? You know exactly who runs this country, why would they care? Like really what makes u guys believe these absurdities?

If you meant Thai Elite as an agent, the sole agent of thailand, then yes maybe.

The government want to kill off these methods and force everyone to buy the elite visa, otherwise they have zero interest in agents and rogue IOs earning money, all they want is to earn money themselves.

Don't agree.... that is an absurdity. 

• Like 2
20 minutes ago, yodsak said:

Notice the blatant ad ?     No funds needed ฿17,000. inclusive.

1128322157_ScreenShot2019-10-18at15_02_14.png.bb030dd95a7e6552293dd0d6bb7734da.png 

It's against forum rules to promote illegal stuff. Using this logic it means it has to be legal. 🤔

The way I understand Thailand it certainly is. 

8 hours ago, mlkik said:

With the new requirements for keeping a minimum of 400000 baht in the Thai bank account all year round ,many of us thought it would be the end of agents.

However it seems to have affected the agents in such a way that they are now doing more business as more people prefer to use them than keep the money in a Thai bank.

Yup, that particular "crack down" effort fizzled out. 

My sense is/was the one's using agents for the fraudulent money in the bank procedure, were doing so previously.  Once the dust settled, they'll carry on as normal.

The new gains for the industry probably came from the folks who had been lying at certain embassies to get the (now discontinued) income affadavits.

Those who had the money in the bank for a long time already probably just carried on as normal. 

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

You got things backwards,

It's the Thais that think we are here for them to cheat and exploit.

If I truly felt that way I would of departed long ago. Why would you stay in a country where you thought the people existed only to take advantage of you. I wouldn't be able to look at myself in the mirror for being so untrue to myself because just the knowledge of that precludes any real attempt at 'settling down'. I would be living a lie.   

• Like 1
On 10/17/2019 at 10:51 PM, Lacessit said:

So let me put the question: How do YOU obtain your retirement extension, assuming you are in that category? If not, what makes you an expert on the topic?

Thought the question 'what agency do you work for/own" would be more appropriate :coffee1:

• Thanks 1
On 10/17/2019 at 6:32 PM, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

i don't care if it's illegal or imoral. all i care about is if it will not

get ME into trouble.

Better make sure they do your corrupt extension at the office in your province then, otherwise it WILL get you in trouble. Some agents get them done elsewhere due to lower costs and easier to bribe at another office. You then turn up at your office and they want to know when you moved back and why no TM28.

• Like 1

Nine pages of discussing legal or illegal Agents. The legit ones provide valuable service because they know the legal rules and make sure all the forms are accomplished by them and all the information is correctly entered. The legit ones are well known in the community and usually provide a host of other services including translation services, wills, etc. Have used the same one for four years now for retirement and marriage extensions. The girl in the office who handles all the marriage visas is the most organized and proficient people I've had the pleasure of working with, With arthritis and diabetic neuropathy  in my writing hand I could never had filled out all the forms, let alone being 20 K from immigration office. It was well worth the 7,000 I paid for their expertise and service.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, from the home of CC said:

If I truly felt that way I would of departed long ago. Why would you stay in a country where you thought the people existed only to take advantage of you. I wouldn't be able to look at myself in the mirror for being so untrue to myself because just the knowledge of that precludes any real attempt at 'settling down'. I would be living a lie.   

Maybe you are, and just haven't been able to accept it.

• Confused 1