BANGKOK
snoop1130

Exclusive: Satellite images reveal China's aircraft carrier 'factory,' analysts say

3 minutes ago, jany123 said:

Didn’t world war 2 end with a bomb?

Only because Japan didn't also have one.

Not sure which world power the Chinese are aiming to defeat with a nuclear attack. If the target is Taiwan, correct me if I'm wrong but surely their missiles can already reach there from the mainland.

I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt and assuming, given their history, that they see the aircraft carrier as defensive than offensive, though mainly, as I said, just for show.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

China has just leased a deep water port in the Solomon islands for 75 years .And is building many aircraft carriers . With a base there they will dominate the Pacific. Do some research .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, zydeco said:

Blame HK. RMN never had an original thought in his life.

I found Kissenger’s book, ”On China” an interesting read.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, pegman said:

The  people of most countries in the world now prefer China over the United States.  Nothing wrong with bringing some balance to the world's oceans.  Another thing, you never hear of Chinese navy ships running into other ships like like you do with the American navy's.

Wumao ?

10 minutes ago, JamesBlond said:

Only because Japan didn't also have one.

Not sure which world power the Chinese are aiming to defeat with a nuclear attack. If the target is Taiwan, correct me if I'm wrong but surely their missiles can already reach there from the mainland.

I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt and assuming, given their history, that they see the aircraft carrier as defensive than offensive, though mainly, as I said, just for show.

you suggested that aircraft can’t win wars, but now acknowledge that they have, because the enemy didn’t have the same capability.

china is seeking the same capability as those divided states, ergo by your assessment, it should protect them from being outclassed and defeated, as Japan was, because it did not have the same capability. That is certainly defensive.... but a strong defense is a good offense.

That said.... are US aircraft carriers just for show? Are they just defensive? Will the ability to bring an aircraft carrier into the Red Sea (for example) impact geopolitically, enhancing Chinas reach and influence? Will it reassure its allies that might be threatened by a US strike force on its doorstep? Will it not neutralize US aggression.?

Sure, i do agree that it can be seen as potentially defensive, but fail to see why it should not also be seen as potentially aggressive... why anyone would not see an armed strike force/ carrier group as potentially aggressive eludes me

And.... I’m not sure why you ask who China would wish to defeat with a nuclear attack. Are US aircraft carriers designed to defeat some unspecified nation with a nuclear attack? .... and/ or have they ever?

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

The British navy kept world peace

🤣🤣🤣 Nothing to do with empire building, right? 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

PS, it's ironic that the Chinese are building the means for world domination with our money. Another thing to blame Nixon for.

And the British navy you claimed was built for world peace was built with colonial money... what is your point, if there is one?

2 hours ago, Fex Bluse said:

Wumao ?

Debunked by Harvard in 2013.

Do keep up.

• Haha 1

The Chinese can make anything why are we surprised at them making aircraft carriers. I doubt they will be sent to the shores of the US for some time, but they will probably be used to deter the US in the Taiwan Strait and around the disputed islands.

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, jany123 said:

Didn’t world war 2 end with a bomb?

No it dident the Japanese wanted to continue the fight it was the russans pushing the Japanese out Korea in less than 2 weeks the specter of a Stalin occupying japan was the major part of their decision along with the (bomb) any nation has the right to build warships the trick will be how to operatit safely that will take some time who knows what the future will bring

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Traubert said:

Debunked by Harvard in 2013.

Do keep up.

If you say so :coffee1:

The  Houthi rebel attack on the Saudi oil fields has shown the face of war is changing. Why spend billions on an aircraft carrier, when one can do just as well at a fraction of the cost with thousands of drones against which defences are helpless?

• Like 2