BANGKOK

Dont know how many will be interested ,but just had my flu jab at Sri Racha govt hospital only 495 baht , dont know if there was a Thai price but that was what they charged me ,Bangkok Pattaya hospital wanted 995 baht .

ok ime a cheap charlie .

BKK hospital to sri racha Hosp   38 km each way= 76 km   total journey time for each way 40 mins  each way = 80 minute give or take    I'd rather pay BBK price knock off 200baht off for my fuel  bring it down 795 bath .... 80 minute extra not worth save another 200baht....

False economy

1 hour ago, banglay said:

BKK hospital to sri racha Hosp   38 km each way= 76 km   total journey time for each way 40 mins  each way = 80 minute give or take    I'd rather pay BBK price knock off 200baht off for my fuel  bring it down 795 bath .... 80 minute extra not worth save another 200baht....

False economy

You and your husband live next door to BPH then? 9km/lt what do you drive. do the math.

My wife and I, who are retired have nothing better to do than go out for a drive up to Sir Racha and pop into Robinsons.

Thanks for the option Bert.

Edited by Oink
  • Like 1

I use shell V power 29.94 Baht ltr  my 3.2 ltr pick-up averages 10.4 ltrs/100km = 9.615 km per ltr 

78 km /9.615  =  8.112 ltrs used  X 29.84 = 242.06 baht for the round trip ... yes my maths was out by 42 baht I under calucated.

And what has Robinsons shopping Mall got to offer over and above ..  Central/Terminal21 and others that it can entice me to travel a extra 78 km round trip ..

PS Live 23 KM south of BBK hosptial 

• Sad 1

What type of flu vaccine did you get?  Flu season here in Thailand is at its end (rainy season) so the normal vaccine for local protection is likely not available and Northern Hemisphere version would be more likely which is good if planning travel to EU or USA.

Over large troll meme and reply removed

2 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

What type of flu vaccine did you get?  Flu season here in Thailand is at its end (rainy season) so the normal vaccine for local protection is likely not available and Northern Hemisphere version would be more likely which is good if planning travel to EU or USA.

its the vaxigrip tetra manufactured in France .the actual vacine is 390 baht ,the other was made up of an ice pack ,some sealed swabs to clean the jab and 40 baht for the doctor to inject you ,

its the vaxigrip tetra manufactured in France .the actual vacine is 390 baht ,the other was made up of an ice pack ,some sealed swabs to clean the jab and 40 baht for the doctor to inject you ,
I think that may be Northern Hemisphere not Southern.

Not the vaccine for Thailand and in any case the flu season in Thailand just ended/ending.

Sent from my SM-J701F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

4 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

I think that may be Northern Hemisphere not Southern.

Not the vaccine for Thailand and in any case the flu season in Thailand just ended/ending.

Sent from my SM-J701F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

correct ,it says on the box influenca virus(inactivated split) of the following strains

Switzerland like strain

Colarado     like strain

Michigan   like strain

Phuket    like strain .

anyway its a new type of vaccine .

3 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

Exactly what I was thinking. 

It's possibly last seasons flu vaccine. Did you see the date on the box?

Edited by Leaver

31 minutes ago, bert bloggs said:

I love it when you post something to try and help ,then the naysayers come on ,and have a go ,its to far i will spend to much on petrol ,what has Robinsons got that T 21 hasnt got , 

get a life boys . the glass is half full ,not half empty , some of us live on the side of Pattaya that is quite close to Sri Racha ,its a straight run ,to the hospital there . 

Its a nice hospital ,hardly any wait and it makes a change to go to Robinsons , i dont want to go to the same place day after day after day ,i have a life , so have you ,get out more ,go different places  stop being negative .

If you class getting out more is going to 'Robinsons" I would suggest maybe you should get out more and go to different places .  LOL . (a light hearted response not meant to offend 🙂 )

24 minutes ago, Leaver said:

Exactly what I was thinking. 

It's possibly last seasons flu vaccine. Did you see the date on the box?

yes i have the box ,it is 12/02/2019 expires 01/2020

24 minutes ago, banglay said:

If you class getting out more is going to 'Robinsons" I would suggest maybe you should get out more and go to different places .  LOL . (a light hearted response not meant to offend 🙂 )

Oh come on ,do you go to the same place week in week out ,by the way Sri Racha has a great park ,with a walking track and machines, an island you can walk to via a bridge , lots of other things ,also our son went to Assumption college there ,so we know it well ,its so close to Pattaya , come on live a little😎

ps they also have a hospital that does cheap flu jabs .

Edited by bert bloggs
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, bert bloggs said:

yes i have the box ,it is 12/02/2019 expires 01/2020

I have been vaccinated for many diseases.  Any coverage is better then none.

You've probably left this vaccination a little late, but it's still better than nothing. 

If you are going to make it an annual vaccination, better to have it closer to the manufacturing date, as I do.