Jump to content

Northern Ireland's DUP says it cannot support Brexit deal as it stands


snoop1130

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, kingdong said:

Protect workers rights?such as zero hour contracts,the gig economy,bogus self employment status to get round the minimum wage,and a glut of cheap migrant labour courtesy of " freedom of movement "? I,'ll have a pint of what you've been drinking,and before any of our pseudo armchair socialists pipe up don,t forget in Labour's last 3 terms of office they didn,t rescind any of Thatcher draconian anti trade union laws.

But these are all for the large part, the Tory party letting employers get around EU workers rights. Most of the rest of the EU is much more strict. 

When the government talk about the UK having a more flexible workforce remember this is what they mean.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, nauseus said:

If it were not for Brexit there would have been an election already, scheduled or not. Most of the MPs likely to lose their seats are remainers who are sitting on these green benches courtesy of leave voters, who had trusted the main party manifestos and who put them there. They will be ejected at next opportunity and they will know that already. 

The remainers were offered a general election and bottled it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, sanemax said:

In what way have we been "shafted" ?

Both sides agreed to the deal 

Are we talking about the same Brexit?  Johnson was so desperate to agree a deal the EU rubbed their hands together and you end up with May's deal mark 2 and Northern Ireland being screwed in the process.  Boris would have agreed to anything rather than dying in the ditch!

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, tebee said:

But these are all for the large part, the Tory party letting employers get around EU workers rights. Most of the rest of the EU is much more strict. 

When the government talk about the UK having a more flexible workforce remember this is what they mean.

So who's going to protect workers rights?it's certainly not the eu or labour.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

Are we talking about the same Brexit?  Johnson was so desperate to agree a deal the EU rubbed their hands together and you end up with May's deal mark 2 and Northern Ireland being screwed in the process.  Boris would have agreed to anything rather than dying in the ditch!

You are responding to a bloke who doesn’t know why the DUP are annoyed by this deal....

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

 

I think you're totally out of touch with the wishes of the majority of people in Northern Ireland (and Eire for that matter where there is little appetite for unification).

 

You are assuming a false equivalence between people's views on Brexit and the UK.

I've wondered about this too, bearing in mind (IIRC) N.I. voted to remain as part of the EU.

 

The DUP may not like it, but the majority appear to be be getting their wish - for at least a few years.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, billd766 said:

Because for over 3 years "negotiations" were managed by Teresa May and her chosen Remainer cabinet and it took them that long to screw it up for the UK.And 4% for British based pensionsers - gotta like that !

 

Boris inherited this steaming pile of bovine excretia and has had less than 3 months to deal with it. And he has tried despite Tory party MPs quitting, parliament hogtying him and that "nice" Gina Miller getting the courts onto him.

 

Teresa May must be laughing her socks off at this lot yet she is the main person to blame for it, and of course David Cameron who started it off knowing that at the referendum Remainers would win hands down. Har de har de har.

Plus 4% increase for British based pensioners - I'll drink to that !

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

 

I think you're totally out of touch with the wishes of the majority of people in Northern Ireland (and Eire for that matter where there is little appetite for unification).

 

You are assuming a false equivalence between people's views on Brexit and the UK.

Well you would assume that if it dosnt fit your narrative and view, nothing unusual there. :tongue:

 

I go with what friends and family both sides of the border say and what i read and hear from Irish friends in England, I get over there semi regular and its plainly obvious things have changed a lot eg, pubs re loyalty arnt like they used to be,people chat to strangers without suspicion, many family now have relatives both sides, can and do go party with no issues, unlike before. They arnt going to let that go now they have civil normality. For sure times and attitudes are changing fast. How long since you were in Ireland, either side ? 

 

A deal or no deal satisfies the referendum and democratic will of the people finally being carried out as promised and thats what really matters. I dont really care what terms are bickered about. They will do and say whatever they want as usual anyway and ALL politicians lie, most of the time. 

 

Think a lot of people both those wanting a full on no deal and those wanting a full revoke are crapping themselves this farce might just be coming to a close without their ideal result. Tough luck, thats a negotiation for you. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, nauseus said:

UKIP? No. The other one. 

 OK ,   give us a clue .

  May i phone a friend , Nigel..   aka lies n ties . 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, dunroaming said:

And then we can apply to re-join 😄

  Answer NO , mon ami {ex} 

    UK , bad joke ..

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, englishoak said:

Well you would assume that if it dosnt fit your narrative and view, nothing unusual there. :tongue:

 

I go with what friends and family both sides of the border say and what i read and hear from Irish friends in England, I get over there semi regular and its plainly obvious things have changed a lot eg, pubs re loyalty arnt like they used to be,people chat to strangers without suspicion, many family now have relatives both sides, can and do go party with no issues, unlike before. They arnt going to let that go now they have civil normality. For sure times and attitudes are changing fast. How long since you were in Ireland, either side ? 

 

A deal or no deal satisfies the referendum and democratic will of the people finally being carried out as promised and thats what really matters. I dont really care what terms are bickered about. They will do and say whatever they want as usual anyway and ALL politicians lie, most of the time. 

 

Think a lot of people both those wanting a full on no deal and those wanting a full revoke are crapping themselves this farce might just be coming to a close without their ideal result. Tough luck, thats a negotiation for you. 

 

Point being that both sides are content with the current situation with no hard border. no army and freedom of movement between the two Countries .

   They seem happy and content with that and whether they are officially united or in or out the UK /EU isnt as important 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, kingdong said:

Protect workers rights?such as zero hour contracts,the gig economy,bogus self employment status to get round the minimum wage,and a glut of cheap migrant labour courtesy of " freedom of movement "? I,'ll have a pint of what you've been drinking,and before any of our pseudo armchair socialists pipe up don,t forget in Labour's last 3 terms of office they didn,t rescind any of Thatcher draconian anti trade union laws.

QUOTES:

- Protect workers rights?

- don,t forget in Labour's last 3 terms of office they didn,t rescind any of Thatcher draconian anti trade union laws.

 

Wooow!

I see you through different eyes now.

You are going to vote Trotskyist!!!!

But be carefull, Corbyn is not a real trotskyist. When it really matters, Corbyn will back down.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...