On nut market gone?

parafareno

1 hour ago, parafareno said:

I stayed in on nut near BTS 6 years ago and now I see on g maps that the local market with fruit shops, clothing shops and small bars is gone...what happened...why would you still stay there'

There is a Tesco-Lotus, Big C. There are enough bars left. Many streets where you can buy a lot of food. I like going there because it is always busy, turnover rate of food will be good. Result is that the quality of food is usually good. There  is also a small market left close to the Big-C. I think it is still one of the best places to live on that part of the BTS line.

I know that there was a market. They moved it, and now it is smaller and less interesting. That is what I heard. I never visited. It is more far from the BTS.

I live close to Bangchak BTS (boring place). For shopping I always go to On Nut and I feel sorry that I do not live there.

There is also a interesting, small bar/restaurant complex on the right side of Soi 50, opposite the Tesco parking lot.  The new Century Mall now occupies where your old market was.  

A lot of the night time beer and food action has moved to the "W" District night time food court in Phra Khanong.

Lots of new development extending up Sukhumvit. Shophouses tumbling down like dominos, condos going up as fast and thick as weeds in a garden.  Big new True financed mall at Suk. 101.1,  Supposedly Bangkok's biggest mall yet to be built past Udom Suk at the intersection with the highway.  Announced 5 years ago, groundwork in process now. 

The old On Nut night market has moved down soil 81, about 700 m from Suk. It's called the New On Nut Market; it's listed as such on Google Maps. It's much smaller but I kind of like it. It's also cheaper than the W District market. Some vendors moved to W, which I really like, and a couple moved to the New On Nut market. 

Archived