BANGKOK
CableTV

Transfer Baht OUT of Thailand to US

What are some of the best ways to transfer Baht OUT of Thailand to the US for Investment purposes?  I have not used Bitcoin or other Cryptocurrencies but would consider that option.  Would prefer to use traditional banking.   What issues will I encounter both on the Thai side and the US side with either traditional or Crypto?

This is really dependent on the amount you want to move ?

DeeMoney seems to be the option that many people use. They claim low fees and reasonable rates.

Cash is difficult. 
currency already in the bank, wire is the best option since the Thai currency is so darn strong.

Edited by kevin612

8 hours ago, Henryford said:

DeeMoney seems to be the option that many people use. They claim low fees and reasonable rates.

Have not been able to send to  US, UK and a few other places for some months now. Dee money keep saying they are working at bringing these countries back online but no date given so unfortunately I would write them off for now.

If you go into your bank and try and do an electronic transfer, they are going to ask you for an "invoice". Sheryl knows about it.

• Thanks 1

My Thai wife's sister wants to invest about $60k in real estate here in Florida.  

We use Transferwise to send money to her family from the US but Transferwise does not seem to have a mechanism to transfer Baht out of Thailand.

She does have a Bangkok bank account and have thought about depositing it there and then taking it out of the NYC Bangkok Bank branch office.

Thanks in advance for your comments and suggestions.

11 hours ago, CableTV said:

She does have a Bangkok bank account and have thought about depositing it there and then taking it out of the NYC Bangkok Bank branch office.

The branch there is not a retail branch - only commercial. Curious therefore if that is even possible?

Yes, Thai baht is very strong now. Good time to remit fund abroad.

53 minutes ago, billaaa777 said:

You can send a bank wire to any country in the world for up to 800,000 Baht

Do you know, or how did you come to the understanding, why you believe this is the maximum?

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, billaaa777 said:

Really, I have answered this so many times over the years, a nobody ever bothers to say thank you. Here it goes again.

You can send a bank wire to any country in the world for up to 800,000 Baht as long as you know what to say. And what's more, you can do it every day of the month until you get all the funds you want to the destination you desire.

Just tell the bank you want to wire 800,000 Baht out and give them your bank info. They are going to ask what is the reason for the transfer. Your answer is "Family Support". That's all you need to say. And then just sit there and be patient and they talk it out between themselves a little while and in somewhere between 15 minutes to a half hour your funds will be on their way and should be in your bank account in another country in about 24 hours.

And if 800,000 is not enough, just come back the next day and do the same thing.

Eventhough I do not need to transfer money out, I may need to some day. Thank you for the information :).

• Like 1