Thai child trafficker sentenced to record 374 years in jail

webfact

5 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

Last year's sentencing of the three men (309 years each), obviously didn't send a deterrent to this evil man, so it's hard to believe it will deter every other sick pervert in future.

if 5 people are going to be a child trafficker 4 see heavy sentences handed out so dont do it - 1 does. he gets caught. sentenced to 300+ years in jail.  5 more people are going to be a child trafficker 4 see heavy sentences handed out so dont do it - 1 does. and on it goes. They dont say it will deter ALL criminals. it is not rocket science - the RTP is far from perfect but give credit where it is due they do appear to be doing something about this problem AND they are given high marks by outside committees saying they are doing a lot. In a country where family members encourage other family members into prostitution can not be easy to solve. 

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last year's sentencing of the three men (309 years each), obviously didn't send a deterrent to this evil man, so it's hard to believe it will deter every other sick pervert in future.

Actually  nothing will stop them except death and it's probably the best solution on this  scale.

This kind of criminal cannot be deterred, only stopped. ????

2 hours ago, legend49 said:

Ridiculous the sentence handed out. No one can serve 374 years, why not just say life imprisonment and never to be pardoned.

"In both cases, courts capped the imprisonment period at 50 years in accordance with Thai law. " according to the article.

2 hours ago, legend49 said:

Ridiculous the sentence handed out. No one can serve 374 years, why not just say life imprisonment and never to be pardoned. Yet Mr Hiso in Mercedes Benz kills innocent people gets a small fraction of jail time.

Because the recipient of a life sentence does not usually serve the term of his/her natural life. The recipient of a 374 year sentence is likely to die in prison.

6 hours ago, webfact said:

A Thai trafficker was sentenced to a record 374 years in jail for child trafficking in a ruling that lawyers say will send a deterrent to other criminals.

Does it matter if the sentence is 50 years or 374 years. The perp will die in prison anyway.

51 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

374 years for the accumulated crimes is fine, capped to 50 years is acceptable as long as parole is ruled out... but 800,000 baht to each of the 5 victims (4 million baht), I'd like to know how that's going to be achieved?

He may have some assets. House land etc. I guess. Or an inheritance down the line. It is not unusual for a Thai to own a few rais of land and a house...

Yes it's great when a child trafficker goes to prison.

I also keep in mind that the evidence is collected by our boys in brown, (or plain clothes) and the judgments from all case are coming from non biased judges??

Sorry justice system, I know of too many innocents you have sent away. I hope you did the right thing this time. 

6 hours ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

Due to the listed reporters I find this story lacking credibility.

But check out the BBC documentary on Iraq sex trafficking by Imams...

Not sure exactly what you are taking issue with in the article. It is basically just the facts of the case and quotations from third parties with an interest in the case.

3 hours ago, mikebell said:

That'll teach him.  I bet he'll never do this again when he gets out.

We can all take comfort in knowing he will be treated with a great deal of warmth, and will make many new friends in prison. They will look after him, and have his back! There is a special place, reserved for those who prey on children.

Ridiculous verdict. Just like in the US... Do these guys believe they can make the convict serve after his death? After 300 years there won't be even a Thailand...

Hundreds of years obviously don't deter those guys, probably Thai courts need to try out 1000+

1 hour ago, hotchilli said:

374 years for the accumulated crimes is fine, capped to 50 years is acceptable as long as parole is ruled out... but 800,000 baht to each of the 5 victims (4 million baht), I'd like to know how that's going to be achieved?

After the sentence is served,

If you can't pay the fine cash, its worked off at the amount of 200 baht per day extra time.

So another 20,000 days, or 54.8 years

26 minutes ago, bendejo said:

We hear about the treatment pedo offenders get inside the prisons in the UK and US, is it anything like that in Thai prisons?  I have the feeling not, unless it happens to be their kid.

Don't know about the UK or the US but apparently in OZ they are not kept in with the general population but in an area for sex offenders. Doubt they would last more than a couple of days otherwise.

2 minutes ago, emptypockets said:

Don't know about the UK or the US but apparently in OZ they are not kept in with the general population but in an area for sex offenders. Doubt they would last more than a couple of days otherwise.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/14/world/europe/richard-huckle-paedophile-stabbed.html

4 hours ago, mok199 said:

As we have seen with road carnage,corruption, drinking /driving , etc etc etc .Thailand has it all figured out!!!!

Yet backwatd coutries like the UK madenthe Kray twins do over 30 years with only one getting out with terminal cancer. This was all political, scadal with Lord Bòothby, corruption.

They never hurt kids or non criminals. People drank and drobe in the 60s etc etc. Thailand is developing, that means it is a few decades  behind the UK, USA, which is even worse for gun violence and corruption etc etc.

Why do people stay here if they ate Thai bashers?

This will not send any "deterrent" to any of these scumbags because they all believe they will not be caught.
Greed and criminal potential is much stronger...
Sentenced to a record of 374 years in jail, reduced to 50 years behind bars.
Compensation? None of the poor kids will see a single baht !

Archived