Thai child trafficker sentenced to record 374 years in jail

webfact

1 hour ago, kwonitoy said:

After the sentence is served,

If you can't pay the fine cash, its worked off at the amount of 200 baht per day extra time.

So another 20,000 days, or 54.8 years

Which was my meaning.. the victims get no compensation.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, webfact said:

courts capped the imprisonment period at 50 years in accordance with Thai law.

5 hours ago, legend49 said:

Ridiculous the sentence handed out. No one can serve 374 years, why not just say life imprisonment and never to be pardoned. 

As the OP so clearly pointed out, no one is expected to serve 374 years.

5 hours ago, LukKrueng said:

If the max imprisonment period is 50 years what's the point of any sentencing longer than that??  

It's a nominal sentence, he gets sentenced for each offence.  So if he's charged with, say, 3 offences each, against 10 children, that amounts to 30 individual cases that could be sentenced for, subject to the legally allowed maximum.

18 minutes ago, dave moir said:

How ridiculous can you get!!!! No one is going to live that long so why don't they just say life instead of a whopping 374 years?

It's no more ridiculous than every other country that has similar systems that impose long sentences, including yours.

14 hours ago, webfact said:

Since January this year, courts have handed down 170 prison sentences in trafficking cases of which 74 were sentences of more than 10 years, according to the Court of Justice.

Ya, but what they don't mention is that a Thai guy who gets a 374 year sentence will probably be out and walking around in 5 years or so.... after sentence reductions, good behavior, and eventually some kind of pardon.

14 hours ago, Soikhaonoiken said:

Scumbag, 374 years jail is far too good, do the right thing Thailand... 

Im sure there are plenty of boys in the slammer will look after that issue

I don't think he will last too long in there once the other boys find out why he is there

Lets hope so anyway  ????

He won`t make it 300 years, considering the food they

handing out, every day at the prison!

And even giving him a steak every day won`t to much of

a difference.

But good anyway that they found him. 

Sick people in a weird country!!

34 minutes ago, keystonecoppers2 said:

He won`t make it 300 years, considering the food they

handing out, every day at the prison!

And even giving him a steak every day won`t to much of

a difference.

But good anyway that they found him. 

Sick people in a weird country!!

There are  sick people of this and   other  bents in  every  country.

Which  country is therefore more or less "weird" ?

I`m sorry if I offending someone.

We know there are weirdos everywhere and Thailand is not

worse than any other countrys.

Remember the "Iceman" or Bundy (not Al) , or the guy in Norway who

killed a lot of young people on an island. I`m just giving a few

examples. We are living in a world that you actually don`t know

who will snap, at any moment. He who is sitting next to you

(whereever you`re sitting at the moment) can snap, just like that!

But if you start thinking this way, all the time, you will lose your

relaxation and enjoing life, as you should. If you are on your toes all the time,

you cannot enjoy life as you deserve to do. There are 2 sides of life.

Enjoy the best part as much as you can!

Thank you all!!

Around 1970, when I was a teenager, they arrested a guy in Texas for raping and killing a little boy.  In searching his property they found a bag containing the penises of 20+ other boys he killed.  It was the sickest thing I ever heard.  50 years later I still mention it.

Where the hell do these ideas come from?  (please don't answer)

16 hours ago, chrisinth said:

That's correct. The years he was given during sentencing mean nothing but figures in the records. The total time in jail is capped to 50 years so, at the age of 31 it is possible that he will still be able to be released in his lifetime.

I will bet he is out in 20

..why bother paying a fine when you get a life sentence, what can they do if you don't..
Paying compensation is not a fine, nor is it punishment for him, it's for the benefit of the victims of his crimes. One assumes that the scumbag and his family has the money, else why would the judge decide on that amount? If he's been at it for a while he may well have amassed the 4 million required.

Sent from my SM-T385 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

On 10/18/2019 at 8:09 AM, legend49 said:

Ridiculous the sentence handed out. No one can serve 374 years, why not just say life imprisonment and never to be pardoned. Yet Mr Hiso in Mercedes Benz kills innocent people gets a small fraction of jail time.

Perhaps you didn't understand the article. Being sentenced doesn't mean they will serve a life sentence because there is a 50 year cap on time in prison here

Archived