I miss not having a garage!

flyingsaucersarereal

Not really, although I no longer muck about with vehicles.

I do have a workshop with electronic and metalworking tools, woodworking stuff lives in a covered area outside, too much dust created.

The single most important equipment in the workshop is the aircon ???? I suspect that a garage in the sense that we are used to would be just too hot to work in.

Living in a Condo, I miss having a garage, work bench etc.

Have always thought about getting a group together to rent a shed, fill it with work benches, tools etc. You would have a place to do repairs/projects, hang out.

4 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

Living in a Condo, I miss having a garage, work bench etc.

Have always thought about getting a group together to rent a shed, fill it with work benches, tools etc. You would have a place to do repairs/projects, hang out.

Sounds like a great idea, but don't fill it with work benches. One bench should be enough, you can use the rest of the space for a refrigerator full of beer, a bar and barstools , a pool table,  darts,

Heck, perhaps even get rid of the one workbench it will only get in the way!!

4 minutes ago, sirineou said:

Sounds like a great idea, but don't fill it with work benches. One bench should be enough, you can use the rest of the space for a refrigerator full of beer, a bar and barstools , a pool table,  darts,

Heck, perhaps even get rid of the one workbench it will only get in the way!!

I see where you are going with this, lol. Maybe some female hostesses ?

Jokes aside, I know some guys back in Australia who did a similar thing, 10-12 of them all chipped in a bought a factory unit, they each had a shipping container, bench/workspace. Common welder, compressor, a common area with beer in vending machines (no arguments), a pool table etc. One guy was doing up a car, another repairing TVs. Most guys spent more time at the shed than back home.

3 minutes ago, malt25 said:

I guess I'm in a pretty fortunate situation. Next door town house was unoccupied for long time. Very rundown. I offered a minimal amount to rent. Now have a garage & workshop-shed.

Way it's going, stick around long enough, you'll have a house for a pool, a restaurant and shop for ma and pa too

I think this is one of the biggest mistakes people make when they come here.

They repeat all the accumulation of stuff they accumulated in their home country.

I sold, gave away, got rid of everything and came here with just a suit case.

What a great relief and so much happier not to have the burden of "stuff".  A garage full of meaningless "stuff".

As one gets older I think it is much better and less stress to minimize things.

Not accumulate things.

To each their own on this.  Get a garage and watch it fill up with what really??

6 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

I sold, gave away, got rid of everything and came here with just a suit case.

Did the same,now the shed is full of <deleted> and my tractors live outside.

Spring clean in December i have told myself.????

18 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

Jokes aside, I know some guys back in Australia who did a similar thing, 10-12 of them all chipped in a bought a factory unit, they each had a shipping container, bench/workspace. Common welder, compressor, a common area with beer in vending machines (no arguments), a pool table etc. One guy was doing up a car, another repairing TVs. Most guys spent more time at the shed than back home.

I have had some friends do the same.  There were a few issues with shared responsibilities and people crashing there (safety), but it was a fun spot to visit. A lot nicer in many ways than your own shed, depending on your personality.

8 hours ago, Don Mega said:

I miss my little workshop, If I buy this house Iam renting I will put a sliding door from the spare bedroom into the carport and turn that into a workshop.

72644364_10157155612717740_3312208186592

Why do you keep your wife's cosmetics in your workshop?

Archived