Jump to content
BANGKOK
webfact

Seripisut rails against budget bill, challenging its legitimacy

Recommended Posts

Seripisut rails against budget bill, challenging its legitimacy

 

Seripisut.jpg

 

Defiant Seri Ruam Thai party leader Pol Gen Seripisut Temiyavet has rejected the budget bill, claiming that it was drawn up by an illegitimate government, led by a Prime Minister who did not recite his oath of office properly, as constitutionally required.

 

Taking the floor in the debate over the budget bill, following opposition leader Sompong Amornvivat today (Thursday), the former police chief said that he has not read the budget bill because he doesn’t think the government has any authority to draft the bill due to Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha’s failure to recite the oath in full before assuming the office of the chief executive.

 

Since the swearing of the oath was incomplete, the firebrand politician asked how the budget bill can be debated in parliament, as he demanded that the government withdraw the bill until the Prime Minister corrects his failure to recite the full oath.

 

Full story:  https://www.thaipbsworld.com/seripisut-rails-against-budget-bill-challenging-its-legitimacy/

 

thaipbs.jpg
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"For the past five years, under the leadership of Prime Minister Prayut, he said national budget has increased year after year, but the country remains stuck and scarcely moving forward."

 

 

I think 'moving backwards' would be a more appropriate description. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, webfact said:

Defiant Seri Ruam Thai party leader Pol Gen Seripisut Temiyavet has rejected the budget bill, claiming that it was drawn up by an illegitimate government

Well, he’s not wrong, is he. This 100% is an illegitimate government. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, webfact said:

he doesn’t think the government has any authority to draft the bill due to Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha’s failure to recite the oath in full before assuming the office of the chief executive

To re-do the oath would mean the the high and mighty are fallible and make mistakes. So about as much chance of that as me becoming a Durian farmer

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, webfact said:

as he demanded that the government withdraw the bill until the Prime Minister corrects his failure to recite the full oath.

 

did his life expectancy just drop ?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, webfact said:

led by a Prime Minister who did not recite his oath of office properly, as constitutionally required.

As the Constitution Court has yet to rule on the matter, the NLA in the interim should adopt the previously approved FY2019 budget to be used as the FY2020 budget so the government can continue to operate with minimal disruption.

Should the Court rule that Prayut's version of the oath is valid for the PM and Cabinet (which repeated his oath verbatim!), then the FY 2020 budget can be updated by the NLA in accordance to legislative procedures and rules to provide for any justifiable increases over the FY 2019 budget serving as an interim FY 2020 budget.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...