Govt stresses efforts to help the poor

webfact

solar powered water pumps, for village water towers.  we have time, example we are told in recent weeks we have a 60% chance of a continued nuetral ENSO for 2020 so far,  but at some point down the road, when we visit higher ambient temperatures.... many rural folks have also now had air con installed, and even if no one had added any.... there would still be a dangerous chance for grid failures over the next 5 to 10 years.  they happen everywhere, Thailand's grid is not special.  not exempt.  but now everyone depends on the grid for village water supply.  air con power requirement can go up almost exponentially when it is extra hot.

don't take the route the USA has.  all kinds of denial, on both "sides" of the Climate situation.  and lots of girlie man talk about "Plant Food", "a Chinese Hoax", "it's only about ice melting in 2100" (the self appointed "Climate Believer" nonsense).... and a particularly popular denial narrative now with both sides.... but which is probably backwards also.... that with Climate Change 'mostly only brown people in poor countries will suffer, not Amerikeens'.

face the reality.  don't get started with nonsense talk.  solar power for higher temps.   

the other things the Thai government has done, for water management, are very commendable so far.  but don't count out grid failures down the line. 

3 hours ago, Lemonltr said:

I am reminded of the ( I believe) 3.000 baht payments allocated to the "destitute" 

A young heroic, student, Khon Kaen whistle-blower revealed that she (and others) were recruited to forge signatures of receipt for these amounts. It turned out that this was happening nationwide. Can a person sink lower than that?. I don't believe attitudes have changed. 

Remember it well; and what happened to the follow up of mass prosecutions that 'should' have taken place ?

On 10/18/2019 at 5:57 AM, webfact said:

A Minister at the Prime Minister’s Office Tewan Liptapallop, who is the chairman of the negotiating team with the Assembly of the Poor, yesterday held talks with Assembly representatives to discuss ways to solve their problems, which include the failure of a private company to provide employment termination compensation as required by law, and suggestions for the Ministry of Labour to amend employment-related law such as the Labour Relations Act, the Social Security Act, and related laws to ensure fair treatment of employees.

The group of people you want to reach do not have any permanent job but only do odd jobs, do not have social security and the other facilities that the "non-poor" have.

There is a current monarch who gained aprox 30 billion #@4%T + huge property's home & abroad ON TOP of his current wealth from his late parent and is probably totaly exempt from taxes, correct me if i am wrong he doesnt even live in his country of origin i understand his home country has a population around the same as the UK he could easily donate a few thousand bucks to each person residing in the most deprived areas....mini rant over.

23 hours ago, trainman34014 said:

I must visit the dirt poor villagers living around my way and give them the message that their Government is making every effort to 'talk' them into being a lot better off !

There was a post on Thai visa a few years ago that really got to me. The poster talked about a conversation he had with his neighbour. He asked him if it would be ok if the then government collected 1,000 baht in taxes and only gave him 100 baht, the neighbour replied that he wasn't sure, no one had ever given him 100 baht. Made me think, perspective is everything.

Archived