BANGKOK
webfact

Opposition rejects 2020 budget, accuses govt of focusing more on arms than people’s hardship

23 hours ago, webfact said:

The government also set aside a large central fund of Bt518.8 billion, which it can spend freely without Parliament’s scrutiny or consent,

wow

half a trillion in the greedy hands with no control

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

There is a fund raising event on the beach in Patong November they need money to buy new equipment for the hospitals dont suppose they will be donating?

The Poor people need it

Edited by ChipButty

On 10/18/2019 at 9:14 AM, webfact said:

The government also set aside a large central fund of Bt518.8 billion, which it can spend freely without Parliament’s scrutiny or consent,

Staggering that MPs on both sides of the divide would not howl this down.  The 'I'm alright, Jack' syndrome and <deleted> the poor.

• Like 2

On 10/18/2019 at 9:14 AM, webfact said:

Prayut said this budget is in line with the government’s 20-year national strategy (2018-2037),

Prayut's 20 year national strategy will count for nought when General Apirat instigates the next coup. He has made it clear it is his turn next. Then the military budget will be more that twice what it is now.

• Like 1

I am not seeing it....the need for the exravagent  purchase of some military equipment that is to be bought into service in the coming years.  The purchase of a  submarine....one,  three or 5 just doesn't make sense.  The purchase of another landing ship.....why?  More tanks......  I think other posters on this thread have got it.  It's an ego trip at the expense of the peasant class and down trodden.  Just one submarine and it's associated running costs could pay for several new dental hospitals (badly needed) and their running costs.   And that budgeted 518 billion baht at the discression of the PM and govt ministers is nothing more than a cash cow to be milked for all its worth.  Not that I am  pointing the finger at anyone in particular..... 

• Like 2

On 10/18/2019 at 11:44 AM, bluesofa said:

or what it's been used for.

I have my little idea: buy luxury watches?

• Like 1

On Friday, October 18, 2019 at 10:45 AM, PatOngo said:

Think purchase...commission!

It's all about money, mine, mine, mine. 

13 hours ago, Blue bruce said:

What enemy are they talking about ?????

The enemy of being destitute, being down to their last few million stacked away overseas. 

8 hours ago, Grumpy John said:

I am not seeing it....the need for the exravagent  purchase of some military equipment that is to be bought into service in the coming years.  The purchase of a  submarine....one,  three or 5 just doesn't make sense.  The purchase of another landing ship.....why?  More tanks......  I think other posters on this thread have got it.  It's an ego trip at the expense of the peasant class and down trodden.  Just one submarine and it's associated running costs could pay for several new dental hospitals (badly needed) and their running costs.   And that budgeted 518 billion baht at the discression of the PM and govt ministers is nothing more than a cash cow to be milked for all its worth.  Not that I am  pointing the finger at anyone in particular..... 

Luckily you're not pointing your finger, they still have attitude retraining for those that do. 

Army commander is the pm, what is his priority?there’s no doubt about it.