Trump to host G7 summit at his Florida golf resort, sparking criticism

webfact

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's quite amazing how much the GOP is willing to put up with. He is basically rubbing their faces in it. They will once again have to come out and defend him. Perhaps they are all suffering from concussion due to all the head smacking they have had to do every time he opens his mouth or tweets.

Sent from my SM-A500F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Well if the Donald leaves office for whatever reason before G7 conference, then I suppose this gross violation of emoluments clause will be moot, as he will then be a private citizen residing at Fed pen (unless pardoned) or NY state pen (can't pardon for those crimes).

Regarding pipe dream of Nancy becoming President and naming HRC as VP, it's not that easy. Ford named Rockefeller as his want to be VP but had to pass a senate confirmation first. I just can't see the Republicans going along with that.

June, Southern Florida, hurricane season, hot humid. OK.

Low season for this property, so any revenue is a plus (even "at cost").

Event has been held previously in the U.S.

Nice course though, the blue monster one anyway.

“It was almost like they built this facility” to host the G-7, Mulvaney said at the White House briefing, echoing comments he said came from another official whom he did not name.

Amazing.

I'm sure they will release all the details of the selection process, but very generally speaking, awarding a contract to oneself doesn't look good.

Refresher:

In 1973, Agnew was investigated by the United States Attorney for the District of Maryland on suspicion of criminal conspiracy, bribery, extortion and tax fraud. Agnew took kickbacks from contractors during his time as Baltimore County Executive and Governor of Maryland. The payments had continued into his time as vice president. After months of maintaining his innocence, Agnew pleaded no contest to a single felony charge of tax evasion and resigned from office. Nixon replaced him with House Republican leader Gerald Ford. Agnew spent the remainder of his life quietly, rarely making public appearances. He wrote a novel and a memoir that both defended his actions.

10 hours ago, webfact said:

White House acting chief of staff Mick Mulvaney on Thursday told a news conference that the G7 summit would take place at Trump National Doral golf resort near Miami from June 10 to 12, after the administration chose it from about a dozen potential sites.

Yeah right, sure they did...

...can't believe some of these idiotic comments...

...best president since Lincoln .....perhaps ever....

...offering a superior venue....top safety and security...at cost....saving the taxpayers millions....

....pathetic, putrid corrupt scum that should be tried for treason and crimes against humanity...to the tune of trillions...being defended here.......

...go figure....maybe the chem-trails and the fluoride has gotten to them....555....

2 minutes ago, SOTIRIOS said:

...can't believe some of these idiotic comments...

...best president since Lincoln .....perhaps ever....

...offering a superior venue....top safety and security...at cost....saving the taxpayers millions....

....pathetic, putrid corrupt scum that should be tried for treason and crimes against humanity...to the tune of trillions...being defended here.......

...go figure....maybe the chem-trails and the fluoride has gotten to them....555....

Wow, you've really lost it haven't you, just like Donald.

"...best president since Lincoln .....perhaps ever...."

:crazy:

10 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Can be added as another article of Impeachment.

The president that impeaches himself.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2019/10/17/trumps-hosting-g-is-deeply-corrupt-heres-how-democrats-can-step-up/

Trump’s hosting of the G-7 is deeply corrupt. Here’s how Democrats can step up.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Another article of impeachment that gets throwaway when trial in the senate dismisses it. Trump is now just doing these things for the LULZ. I had to laugh at the responses in this thread.

I don't think he's going to choose the Marriott or Hyatt now, do you?

A venue rife with potential security loopholes....all we need are a few disgruntled

democrat or intelligence officials to bug the place or worse.

I'm quite ok with the present venue. I don't think he would have picked it

if he didn't know for sure that it was ok. The president gets to pick...the fact that

it will be 'at cost' seems fair as well. Nadler and his accountants will probably demand to see

the paperwork and get it as well.

If the Dems don't like it, they should file a suit.

Nothing will come of any of this, and he knows it. 

I hate the GOP because they're evil, the worst thing they do (politically speaking) is trying to get less people to vote: they know the lower the number of people who vote the better the chance they have of winning.  This is not an opinion, look it up.  IMO this shakes the foundation of the country.  Their corruption ($$$/influence) outdoes any other party nationally.

I side with the Dems because they support (in words at least) some of the causes I do.  I hate them because they are inept, lazy and cowardly, and yes, I strongly expect that when it comes to corporate influence some of them may as well be Republicans.  I dare not name the ones I suspect in this forum.  They let the GOP walk all over them, e.g. where the hell were they when the GOP was doing nationwide gerrymandering? 

But I hate them the way I'd hate a relative, in that once the other side attacks them I will defend.

With this in mind, I think DT is going to survive all that is being revealed and be re-elected in another corrupt election.  Possibly for more than a second term.  Not possible you say?  Well, who will stop him, the Democrats?  :cheesy:

I hope I'm wrong.

2 hours ago, JHolmesJr said:

A venue rife with potential security loopholes....all we need are a few disgruntled

if he didn't know for sure that it was ok. The president gets to pick...the fact that

it will be 'at cost' seems fair as well. Nadler and his accountants will probably demand to see

"Trump’s To Hold G7 At His Golf Club That Was Sued For Bedbugs"

According to the plaintiff in the lawsuit, which Trump settled, Doral is the perfect place if you want to launch a global outbreak of bedbugs.

trump bedbugs doral G7

12 hours ago, Grumpy John said:

I like President Trump.  He iS a doer....a mover and shaker, he gets things done.  So different to the evil scum on the other side.  Looking forward to his second term in office with the Republicans back in charge of the house.  

2019-10-18 21_00_27.png

Feel free to list what hes done.

can start with repeal and replace on day 1.

then perhaps the wall mexico is paying for.

but i will grant you, he certainly has turkey and the kurds moving and shaking.

12 hours ago, Grumpy John said:

I like President Trump.  He iS a doer....a mover and shaker, he gets things done.  So different to the evil scum on the other side.  Looking forward to his second term in office with the Republicans back in charge of the house.  

2019-10-18 21_00_27.png

Sure, it violates the constitution, but who really cares about that unless we are talking about the 2nd amendment, right?

14 hours ago, Grumpy John said:

2019-10-18 21_00_27.png

Thank you for not addressing the topic and for sharing with your warm toasty feelings about Trump.

13 hours ago, JHolmesJr said:

"I don't think he's going to choose the Marriott or Hyatt now, do you?"

Because the only other options are those? It's a shame that there's such a shortage of luxury venues in the USA...it being such an impoverished nation.

"I'm quite ok with the present venue. I don't think he would have picked it if he didn't know for sure that it was ok."

Because if there's one thing we know about Trump, it's that he has an unusual command of the facts and a profound understanding of legal issues.

"...the fact that it will be 'at cost' seems fair as well."

So, it's a "fact" that it will be at cost? Is this the generally understood meaning of fact or is it a special Trump fact? Like the apparently incompatible facts that Trump reports to the tax authorities vs. the facts he reports to lenders? And of course, it being a very slow time of the year, will "at cost" mean how much he would have lost had there been no meeting? Or will the payments help to cover fixed costs like labor that would have had to be paid anyway?

Because it's only Democrats who take the emolument clause of the Constitution seriously?

So nobody thinks that Trump expected the Dem outrage over this?

And did it anyway. He's the best at trolling these guys, he's in their

head 24/7

Probably a good strategy to get the Dems to open another investigation.

Because that's all they ever do. Genius!

2 minutes ago, JHolmesJr said:

So nobody thinks that Trump expected the Dem outrage over this?

And did it anyway. He's the best at trolling these guys, he's in their

head 24/7

Probably a good strategy to get the Dems to open another investigation.

Because that's all they ever do. Genius!

OK, so that's his main priority as a president, to troll the Dems. Good to know, it fits with his mental age and clearly shows he's totally unfit to lead anything except a gaggle of goslings (and even that is questionable).

PS. Have a look at what a non-draft dodger thinks of Trump in post # 66.

41 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

"I don't think he's going to choose the Marriott or Hyatt now, do you?"

Because the only other options are those? It's a shame that there's such a shortage of luxury venues in the USA...it being such an impoverished nation.

"I'm quite ok with the present venue. I don't think he would have picked it if he didn't know for sure that it was ok."

Because if there's one thing we know about Trump, it's that he has an unusual command of the facts and a profound understanding of legal issues.

"...the fact that it will be 'at cost' seems fair as well."

So, it's a "fact" that it will be at cost? Is this the generally understood meaning of fact or is it a special Trump fact? Like the apparently incompatible facts that Trump reports to the tax authorities vs. the facts he reports to lenders? And of course, it being a very slow time of the year, will "at cost" mean how much he would have lost had there been no meeting? Or will the payments help to cover fixed costs like labor that would have had to be paid anyway?

Because it's only Democrats who take the emolument clause of the Constitution seriously?

To add it will mean many millions of dollars of FREE PUBLICITY for his "resort" as well. That's real money. This choice is obscene. 

Archived