BANGKOK
webfact

Trump to host G7 summit at his Florida golf resort, sparking criticism

3 minutes ago, JAG said:

He really is " the gift that gives on giving" isn't he?

I would rather describe his presidency as a constant sh!t shower. 

• Like 1

i wonder what that bill will be??????

that we the people will have to pay!!!!!!!

Well if the Donald leaves office for whatever reason before G7 conference, then I suppose this gross violation of emoluments clause will be moot, as he will then be a private citizen residing at Fed pen (unless pardoned) or NY state pen (can't pardon for those crimes).

Regarding pipe dream of Nancy becoming President and naming HRC as VP, it's not that easy. Ford named Rockefeller as his want to be VP but had to pass a senate confirmation first. I just can't see the Republicans going along with that.

June, Southern Florida, hurricane season, hot humid. OK.

Low season for this property, so any revenue is a plus (even "at cost").

Event has been held previously in the U.S.

Nice course though, the blue monster one anyway.

“It was almost like they built this facility” to host the G-7, Mulvaney said at the White House briefing, echoing comments he said came from another official whom he did not name.

Amazing.

I'm sure they will release all the details of the selection process, but very generally speaking, awarding a contract to oneself doesn't look good.

Refresher:

In 1973, Agnew was investigated by the United States Attorney for the District of Maryland on suspicion of criminal conspiracy, bribery, extortion and tax fraud. Agnew took kickbacks from contractors during his time as Baltimore County Executive and Governor of Maryland. The payments had continued into his time as vice president. After months of maintaining his innocence, Agnew pleaded no contest to a single felony charge of tax evasion and resigned from office. Nixon replaced him with House Republican leader Gerald Ford. Agnew spent the remainder of his life quietly, rarely making public appearances. He wrote a novel and a memoir that both defended his actions.

• Like 1

There is speculation now (warranted) that 45 will use taxpayer money to upgrade a number of rooms there to presidential suite level. I would surprised if he doesn't do that!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, webfact said:

White House acting chief of staff Mick Mulvaney on Thursday told a news conference that the G7 summit would take place at Trump National Doral golf resort near Miami from June 10 to 12, after the administration chose it from about a dozen potential sites.

Yeah right, sure they did...

• Like 1

...can't believe some of these idiotic comments...

...best president since Lincoln .....perhaps ever....

...offering a superior venue....top safety and security...at cost....saving the taxpayers millions....

....pathetic, putrid corrupt scum that should be tried for treason and crimes against humanity...to the tune of trillions...being defended here.......

...go figure....maybe the chem-trails and the fluoride has gotten to them....555....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

2 minutes ago, SOTIRIOS said:

...can't believe some of these idiotic comments...

...best president since Lincoln .....perhaps ever....

...offering a superior venue....top safety and security...at cost....saving the taxpayers millions....

....pathetic, putrid corrupt scum that should be tried for treason and crimes against humanity...to the tune of trillions...being defended here.......

...go figure....maybe the chem-trails and the fluoride has gotten to them....555....

Wow, you've really lost it haven't you, just like Donald.

"...best president since Lincoln .....perhaps ever...."

:crazy:

• Like 1

Global politics have become a bizarre  charade !

Trump seems determined to be the winner of the clown competition.

• Like 1

For the visiting dignitaries and their cronies, it will be more fun to be in a sunny holiday resort with many discreet places to fix up their mistresses administrative assistants who will travel with them...

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, zydeco said:

Didn't Ming the Merciless say the same thing?

The "in my great wisdom" part is almost jestfully funny....what is of concern and very irritating,  is the threat to destroy a country's economy.

• Like 1