Extension and re-entry ( Single Entry visa)

Hello,
I have a quastion about vista extension. Now i have a visa non-imm O ( marry visa) single entry made it in Laos and i would like to extend it.  My visa expire 08 JAN 2020

My quastion is:

1) how many days before my visa expire i can extend , because i am going to my country 19 DEC 2019 for about 2month ( so i will come back about  18 FEB 2020 ), is possible to make re-entry extension visa? Because i will get extention 60days. Because after that i want to make a marry visa again

2) If i will put to my thai bank account 400k THB before my visa expire 08 JAN 2020 - but i will make extension before that time is possible to get 1 year extension.

Sorry if I wrote incomprehensibly

because I'm afraid to come back to Thailand on arrival stamparrivall stamp.

Thanks for any advice and reply,

Greeting

Your 400k baht must have been in the account for 2 month before you apply for your extension based on marriage.

If you make a 60 days extension and want to keep the remaining days to enter again you will need a re-entry permit.

You can normally do an extension up to 30 days before your visa expire, and in some cases up to 45 days before. Depending on which office you belong to.

You would be extending the 90 day entry from your non-o visa not the visa.

1. You could apply for the 60 day extension to visit your wife and get a re-entry permit that would keep you total stay from visa entry and the 60 day extension valid when you enter the country.

2. You can apply for the one year extension based upon marriage up to 30 days before or 45 days before it ends. But looking at your travel plans it appears you would not be back before the end of the under consideration period stamps report back date that would require a re-entry permit to keep valid.

ok thanks, but my visa expire 08 JAN 2020, i will extend it for example 14 DEC 2019 for 60 days ( so day will add 60 days to my exist stamp ) so i will be able to stay untill

20 MARCH 2020 , and i will make re-entry and go my country 18 DEC 2019 , so when i come back to THAILAND still will be valid right? or I misunderstood something ?

Thanks for reply,

10 minutes ago, domo said:

ok thanks, but my visa expire 08 JAN 2020,

I think that is your admitted until date not the day your non-o visa expires.

If you got a re-entry permit after applying for the extension it would expire on March 8th if January 8th is your admitted until date and that is the day you would stamped in until. If your admitted until date is January 20th it would be March 20th.

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

You would be extending the 90 day entry from your non-o visa not the visa.

1. You could apply for the 60 day extension to visit your wife and get a re-entry permit that would keep you total stay from visa entry and the 60 day extension valid when you enter the country.

2. You can apply for the one year extension based upon marriage up to 30 days before or 45 days before it ends. But looking at your travel plans it appears you would not be back before the end of the under consideration period stamps report back date that would require a re-entry permit to keep valid.

Is number 2 really right? If he file for a 60 day extension for visit his wife before he leave, he will be back 18 feb. and can file his application for one year extension and get the 30 day period. As I understand it, he is not leaving again after he comes back. Correct me if I am wrong.

According to the last post it looks like his permission to stay/stamp is dated 20th of jan.

Edited by Matzzon

30 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

Is number 2 really right? If he file for a 60 day extension for visit his wife before he leave, he will be back 18 feb. and can file his application for one year extension and get the 30 day period. As I understand it, he is not leaving again after he comes back. Correct me if I am wrong.

The 30 day report back date on the under consideration is done for every extension of stay based on marriage application.

The 30 days has no relation to whether is he plans on leaving again or not. If he  needed to leave during the 30 days he could get re-entry permit that would expire on the same day as the report back date.

30 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

According to the last post it looks like his permission to stay/stamp is dated 20th of jan.

He mentioned the 20th but did not state that was his admitted until date. He again mentions the 8th as the date his visa expires. Some people call the arrival/admitted until date stamp a visa or any other stamp or in their passport.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The 30 day report back date on the under consideration is done for every extension of stay based on marriage application.

The 30 days has no relation to whether is he plans on leaving again or not. If he  needed to leave during the 30 days he could get re-entry permit that would expire on the same day as the report back date.

Sure, I know all that. It was just that you assumed he would not be back before end of consideration time I reacted on. As I understand it he will not be leaving after he has applied for the 1 year extension. He is only going to be away during the 60 day extension.

18 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

Sure, I know all that. It was just that you assumed he would not be back before end of consideration time I reacted on.

What I was writing about was for applying for the one year extension in December and then  leaving on the the 19th of December and not returning until February 18th. That would be after the 30 day under consideration period.

40 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

What I was writing about was for applying for the one year extension in December and then  leaving on the the 19th of December and not returning until February 18th. That would be after the 30 day under consideration period.

Ok. Then we talked about different things. I thought it would be better for the OP to make a 60 day extension first with a re-entry and when everything is cleared and he is back can in piece and quiet file an extension for one year before the 60 days are up. Of course that will mean 2 x 1900 baht, but maybe gives more freedom and better timing. ???? 

Edited by Matzzon