Nationwide: Immigration fines property owners/foreigners for not reporting whereabouts within 24 hours

webfact

Nationwide: Immigration fines property owners/foreigners for not reporting whereabouts within 24 hours

6pm1.jpg

Picture: Naew Na

Naew Na reported that immigration police nationwide continued to crack down on property owners and temporary foreign migrants not reporting their whereabouts within 24 hours. 

Fines were doled out in relation to Articles 37 and 38. People were advised what to do to avoid fines in the future. 

In Nakhon Nayok a 58 year old woman called just "A" who runs a convenience store in Muang district was fined along with a migrant worker. 

In Rayong one property owner and two migrants were fined. 

6pm2.jpg

In Hua Hin another person at a construction site was fined. 

6pm3.jpg

Naew Na said 1178 was the number to call to report violations of the 1979 regulations. 

Source: Naew Na

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-10-18

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, canuckamuck said:

Hold it, I thought they announced they were going to fix this mess?

What they say and what they do isn't always what happens , just wait for the complaints to die down and start again .

31 minutes ago, Nong Khai Man said:

So the Owner only has to report TEMPORARY Foreigners ?? NOT Their Husbands living in their Property who have The YELLOW Book ??

Answers on the BACK of a stamp please !!

If you have a yellow book, you're temporarily staying in the kingdom, not permanently.

I've been here temporarily for over twenty years.

51 minutes ago, canuckamuck said:

Yes it definitely was in there with all the other announcements proclaiming a fix for all Thailand's miriad of messes.Thailand the global hub of announcements.????

17 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

From the way i read the article (and photos), the crackdown appears to be confined to migrant workers such as Cambodians, Burmese etc. No indication that farangs are getting stiffed.

Disenchant yourself. I know for sure of at least two cases in my geographical surroundings where farangs got stiffed.

59 minutes ago, canuckamuck said:

They are doing exactly that. They have a perfect plan how this is going to contribute to the welfare of many officers. ????

Did anybody really think they were going to do something that benefit the complainers? In that case, sad, sad, sad. 

Nothing to worry about. I always carry my TM30 receipt stuck to a page in my passport. Easy peasy!

5 minutes ago, Just1Voice said:

So let me get this straight. If I take one of my bike trips from CM to, say KK for a couple of days, when I come home, my wife has to file a TM 30, even though we have been living here for over 10 years? 

Well that depends on about a million things which can be found in these hallowed posts and threads.

10 minutes ago, Just1Voice said:

So let me get this straight. If I take one of my bike trips from CM to, say KK for a couple of days, when I come home, my wife has to file a TM 30, even though we have been living here for over 10 years? 

Yes.

While you were away, the place you stayed reported it, so she has to file a TM30 to let them know you are back.

Of course, if you slept under a tree, no need to file when you get back as no one will have reported you as staying elsewhere.

It's so they know where you are.

When they start forcing farangs to wear trackers there will be no need for filing TM 30.

21 minutes ago, Just1Voice said:

Yup. Aint life in Chiang Mai fun?!

Just now, Vacuum said:
27 minutes ago, Just1Voice said:

If I take one of my bike trips from CM to, say KK for a couple of days, when I come home, my wife has to file a TM 30

Only if you stayed in a hotel that filed a TM30.

The answer must be, in order to avoid being listed, either stay in a hovel or take a tent.

Archived